Part 1, Chapter 1
• Judge McKelva, his wife Fay, and daughter Laurel have flown to New Orleans for an appointment with eye doctor, Dr. Courtland.
• Dr. Courtland is a family friend of the McKelva's, but has not met Fay until today.
• Judge describes the problem he has been having with his eyes.
• Laurel is deeply concerned for her father because he never worries about his own health.
• Dr. Courtland tells Judge that his retina has slipped and should be repaired.
• Fay suggests that Judge not have his retina repaired, but instead adopts a wait and see plan of action.
• Judge chooses to have the retina repaired and goes to the hospital immediately via ambulance.
Part 1, Chapter 2
• Fay complains while she and Laurel wait for Judge to come out of surgery.
• Judge's surgery has gone well, but his appearance is disturbing to Fay when he returns to his room.
• Dr. Courtland...
This section contains 1,125 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)