|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is "tied aid"?
(a) It is a British policy whereupon the USA is blockaded.
(b) It bestows a general subsidy on US exports.
(c) It gives Latin America tax breaks.
(d) It is a method of dyeing colorful patterns on clothing.
2. The bourgeois' attempt at creating national industry has had a short and low flight, like a __________.
3. In 1975, how many times greater was Latin America's external debt than in 1968?
(a) Two times greater.
(b) Ten times greater.
(c) Twenty times greater.
(d) Three times greater.
4. Whom does Galeano claim has written the official histories?
(a) No one.
(b) The conquerors.
(c) Harvard graduates.
(d) The peasants.
5. How many votes does the USA have in the World Bank?
(c) One-one hundredth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two Latin American countries have the highest infant mortality rates?
2. What percentage of Latin American loans are provided by the USA?
3. What was Order 289 of 1965 in Brazil?
4. What, according to Galeano, is Latin America's real export?
5. What does Galeano say are his most favorable review of the books?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why, once prosperous, is Paraguay today an extremely poor and backward country?
2. Why do Latin American governments do nothing about all their funds flowing into foreign banks?
3. Why is Latin America unable to expand its trade horizon?
4. Why did the USA begin to take over interests in Latin America?
5. Has the nationalization of oil been beneficial for Venezuela?
6. How did the USA get the Haitian ambassador to change his vote at an OAS conference?
7. After Latin America was liberated from Spain, what country inherited its reins?
8. Without what, according to the author, would the USA not have been able to become independent?
9. What country holds most of Latin America's loans, and what percentage does this country hold?
10. What is protectionism?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)