|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what sporting good is Haiti the chief producer?
(b) Pull-up bars.
(d) Boxing gloves.
2. What was the first Latin American country to install an oil refinery?
3. What area of Latin America was specifically photographed by a US geological survey?
(a) The Andes.
4. How does Latin America make up for what it loses in price?
(c) Land wars.
5. What is the great natural resource of Lake Maracaibo?
Short Answer Questions
1. What Brazilian mineral deposit is essential to the steel industry?
2. Where is the copper in Chile located?
3. Since the novel was published, what Latin American country has nationalized its oil production?
4. What does IMF stand for?
5. What item(s), smuggled out of Brazil, costs the country about $100 million a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Bolivia achieve general amnesty?
2. How have foreign loans kept Latin America indebted to foreigners?
3. Where is most of the USA's investment in Latin America concentrated?
4. How does the international market separate buyers?
5. How did the USA get the Haitian ambassador to change his vote at an OAS conference?
6. Why, according to Galeano, has he written this book?
7. Without what, according to the author, would the USA not have been able to become independent?
8. Why did the USA begin to take over interests in Latin America?
9. Why do Latin American governments do nothing about all their funds flowing into foreign banks?
10. Who was General Velasco Alvarado and what did he do?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)