Short Answer Questions Key
1. What year did Columbus "discover" America?
2. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
3. To what purpose, according to Bernal Diaz del Castillo, did the Spanish come to Mexico?
To serve God and His Majesty and also to get riches.
4. Where did Columbus think he had landed, even during his third voyage?
He thought he was off the coast of Asia.
5. Who usually financed the conquistadors' expeditions?
Businessmen or the conquistadors themselves.
This section contains 4,724 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)