|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Premature Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Spanish conquistador defeated the great Tenochtitlan?
(b) Marco Polo.
2. What important mine did Bolivia lose in the war?
(a) Quetzalcoatl, a tin mine.
(b) Buenos Aires, a guano mine.
(c) Las Ramblas, a silver mine.
(d) Chuquicamata, a copper mine.
3. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
4. About how much of the price yielded by coffee going from Colombia to the US goes into the wages of the coffee workers?
5. How long did it take to squander the nitrate deposits in Peru?
(a) Hundreds of years.
(b) Exactly 10.5 years.
(c) Just a few years.
(d) Ten days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is silicosis?
2. In the 1800s, what country was the chief importer into Latin America?
3. What is guano?
4. What Brazilian mineral deposit is essential to the steel industry?
5. Who was Guatemalan tyrant Jorge Ubico's idol?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)