|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Premature Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Montezuma mistake the invading Europeans?
(a) For King Ferdinand himself.
(b) For the god Tenochtitlan.
(c) For the god Quetzalcoatl.
(d) For his enemies in the south.
2. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
3. What region took over the rubber industry from Brazil in 1913?
4. How much silver was retained in the Spanish economy from 1540-1550?
(a) Almost all: the silver stayed in Spain an made the country rich.
(b) About half: the silver stimulated Spain's economy while also paying off the country's debt.
(c) Exactly one-fourth: the numbers are recorded with exact precision.
(d) Almost none: the silver went to pay Spain's debts to other countries.
5. What states, originally belonging to Mexico, did the USA claim?
(a) Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida.
(b) Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
(c) Texas, California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada.
(d) Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. After gold, what was the next most important product Latin America could produce?
2. What area's maps were given to private concerns with the aid of a US government geological survey?
3. What Hapsburg King of Spain was obsessed with religious wars, draining Spain's coffers and exploited Latin America?
4. What did Andre Gunder Frank discover upon analyzing the history of Latin America's "metropolis-satellite" relationships?
5. What Spanish conquistador defeated the great Tenochtitlan?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)