|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Premature Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lake Maracaibo?
(a) It is the favorite vacation spot of Brazil.
(b) It is a huge deposit of oil in Venezuela.
(c) It is the great lake of Nicaragua.
(d) It is the only source of freshwater in Argentina.
2. Who was William Walker?
(a) He was a US assassin who made his way through Central America, eventually taking Panama for the Panama Canal.
(b) He was a Haitian revolutionary who led a rebellion against landowners.
(c) He was a British explorer who ventured deep into the Amazon.
(d) He was a US historian who sought to tell the truth about the history of Latin America.
3. Who is Simon Ituri Patino?
(a) The Brazilian King of Coffee.
(b) The Chilean King of Copper.
(c) The Argentine King of Cattle.
(d) The Bolivian King of Tin.
4. What is silicosis?
(a) A condition where the sufferer cannot stop laughing.
(b) A disease of the lungs that kills many Latin American tin miners.
(c) A policy of government that excludes Bolivia from the international market.
(d) A region of Bolivia that is completely uninhabited.
5. What do miners chew to counteract some effects of working in the tin mines?
(a) Coca leaves.
(b) Leather straps.
(c) Wrigley's gum.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Columbus witness on his first voyage, while passing Tenerife?
2. Who usually financed the conquistadors' expeditions?
3. What did John Thomas North and his partner Robert Harvey purchase for the war effort?
4. Without its acquisition of Brazilian gold from Portugal, what major conflict would England surely have lost?
5. What did the Treaty of Tordesillas accomplish?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)