|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through he Invisible Sources of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Though the Indians of Latin American had a population of 70 million before foreign invasion, how many remained after 150 years?
(a) 15 million.
(b) 3.5 million.
(d) 50 million.
2. What region is the world's top coffee producer?
(d) Latin America.
3. What year did Brazil abolish slavery?
4. In Haiti, what does the rainbow symbolize?
(a) The rainbow symbolizes the largest sugar harvest on record anywhere in the world.
(b) The rainbow symbolizes the victory in the Haitian Civil War.
(c) The rainbow symbolizes slaves who escaped to the west side of the island and reconstructed their African way of life.
(d) The rainbow symbolizes the European ships that came to take the Africans to Haiti so long ago.
5. What famous saying was associated with Guanajuato?
(a) "A stitch in time saves nine."
(b) "Father a merchant, son a gentleman, grandson a beggar."
(c) "A city of wisdom."
(d) "Gold and silver to be had, for a price."
Short Answer Questions
1. How much of the native population of Latin American died of diseases contracted from the invaders?
2. What law did Juan Domingo Peron impose in Argentina in compliance with minimum wage?
3. What was the Chaco War of 1932-1935?
4. Who was William Walker?
5. What resources caused the boom of the Minas Gerais region?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)