|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through he Invisible Sources of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Brazil abolish slavery?
2. From the sixteenth century to the nineteenth century, what peoples were the center of the slave trade?
3. What Latin American countries were involved in the War of the Pacific?
(a) Venezuela, Argentina, and Ecuador.
(b) Bolivia, Peru, and Chile.
(c) Uruguay, Paraguay, and Brazil.
(d) Mexico, Guatemala, and Panama.
4. Who was Augusto Cesar Sandino?
(a) He was a Nicaraguan guerilla who fought for the peasant's land rights.
(b) He was a Salvadoran coffee plantation owner.
(c) He was a Mexican peasant who became President of Mexico.
(d) He was a Brazilian revolutionary famous for standing up to the government.
5. What states, originally belonging to Mexico, did the USA claim?
(a) Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida.
(b) Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky.
(c) Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
(d) Texas, California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Colombia paid for the erection of the Panama Canal?
2. After gold, what was the next most important product Latin America could produce?
3. What Aztec innovation in Mexico City is still visited by tourists today?
4. What area's maps were given to private concerns with the aid of a US government geological survey?
5. To what purpose, according to Bernal Diaz del Castillo, did the Spanish come to Mexico?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)