|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through he Invisible Sources of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year did Brazil abolish slavery?
2. If slaves arrived in the colony and were too ill to work, what happened to them?
(a) They were put in a hospital to recover.
(b) They were left on the ship's deck to die.
(c) They were sent back to Africa to recover.
(d) They were taken to the plantation anyway.
3. Who was William Walker?
(a) He was a Haitian revolutionary who led a rebellion against landowners.
(b) He was a US historian who sought to tell the truth about the history of Latin America.
(c) He was a US assassin who made his way through Central America, eventually taking Panama for the Panama Canal.
(d) He was a British explorer who ventured deep into the Amazon.
4. What mineral, almost absent in the USA, is necessary to make aluminum?
5. Especially in Guatemala, what is the structure of the labor force visibly identified with?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did American interests in Venezuelan crude oil attempt to derail the Brazilian crude oil economy?
2. What illegal practice drains Brazil of more than $100 million a year?
3. What did the Treaty of Tordesillas accomplish?
4. What states, originally belonging to Mexico, did the USA claim?
5. How much has Caracas grown in thirty years?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)