|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through he Invisible Sources of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What resource is exploited in modern-day Potosi?
2. What year did Brazil abolish slavery?
3. What was Colombia paid for the erection of the Panama Canal?
(a) 10 million dollars.
(b) 50 million dollars.
(c) 5 million dollars.
(d) 25 million dollars.
4. What did John Thomas North and his partner Robert Harvey purchase for the war effort?
5. What famous saying was associated with Guanajuato?
(a) "A city of wisdom."
(b) "Gold and silver to be had, for a price."
(c) "A stitch in time saves nine."
(d) "Father a merchant, son a gentleman, grandson a beggar."
Short Answer Questions
1. Though the Indians of Latin American had a population of 70 million before foreign invasion, how many remained after 150 years?
2. What was the Chaco War of 1932-1935?
3. What is expropriation?
4. What nickname does the author give the USA?
5. What is silicosis?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)