|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through he Invisible Sources of Power.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the "king of tin"?
(a) John Thomas North.
(b) Tupac Amaru.
(c) Simon Ituri Patino.
(d) Jose Manuel Balmaceda.
2. Why does the author feel that the USA was not plundered like Latin America?
(a) The USA had the firepower and manpower to fight back.
(b) The USA struck a deal with its potential conquerors.
(c) The USA initially did not have natural resources attractive to the international market.
(d) The USA was settled a long time after Latin America was settled.
3. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
4. What country basically owns the Central American banana industry?
(b) The USA.
5. What is silicosis?
(a) A condition where the sufferer cannot stop laughing.
(b) A region of Bolivia that is completely uninhabited.
(c) A policy of government that excludes Bolivia from the international market.
(d) A disease of the lungs that kills many Latin American tin miners.
Short Answer Questions
1. What practice have Protestant church missionaries encouraged to Amazonian peoples?
2. How did the USA attempt to curtail Brazil's petroleum trade?
3. What is Lake Maracaibo?
4. For whom did Montezuma mistake the invading Europeans?
5. What mineral, almost absent in the USA, is necessary to make aluminum?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)