|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Sugar and Other Agricultural Monarchs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom did Montezuma mistake the invading Europeans?
(a) For his enemies in the south.
(b) For the god Quetzalcoatl.
(c) For the god Tenochtitlan.
(d) For King Ferdinand himself.
2. How were the rubber workers in Brazil paid?
(a) There were paid with visits to their families abroad.
(b) They were paid with fine cloths and ribbons.
(c) They were paid with gold coins on an hourly rate.
(d) They were paid in kind, with dried meat, manioc flour, and unrefined sugar.
3. What did the Treaty of Tordesillas accomplish?
(a) It allowed Portugal to teach the Indians religion.
(b) It granted protection to the Indians.
(c) It declared war on France for illegal occupation.
(d) It allowed Portugal to occupy certain Latin American territories.
4. What states, originally belonging to Mexico, did the USA claim?
(a) Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky.
(b) Texas, California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada.
(c) Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida.
(d) Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
5. In which country did Emilian Zapata introduce radical agrarian reform?
(a) Central Honduras.
(b) Western Peru.
(c) Northern Brazil.
(d) Southen Mexico.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Aleijadinho?
2. How did Asia acquire rubber tree seeds?
3. Without its acquisition of Brazilian gold from Portugal, what major conflict would England surely have lost?
4. What did Columbus witness on his first voyage, while passing Tenerife?
5. What is expropriation?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)