|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Contemporary Structure of Plunder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What states, originally belonging to Mexico, did the USA claim?
(a) Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky.
(b) Georgia, Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Florida.
(c) Texas, California, Utah, New Mexico, Colorado, Nevada.
(d) Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Connecticut.
2. What metaphor does the author use for Latin American "aid"?
(a) A lamp with no bulb.
(b) A cart with no wheels.
(c) A pig with a wooden leg.
(d) A bird with a broken wing.
3. What was Order 289 of 1965 in Brazil?
(a) It was an order which allowed foreign concerns to get loans at 7 or 8% interest.
(b) It was an order demanding foreigners pay up to 50% in interest.
(c) It was an order to strike on Panama, in protest of the canal.
(d) It was an order demanding the ban of the text.
4. What country basically owns the Central American banana industry?
(a) The USA.
5. In Brazil, what was Law 56,570, passed on July 6, 1965?
(a) This law reserved the petrochemical industry for the state.
(b) This law made gauchos legal servants of the state.
(c) This law freed Brazil from all foreign debt.
(d) This law made divorce unlawful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mineral, almost absent in the USA, is necessary to make aluminum?
2. Especially in Guatemala, what is the structure of the labor force visibly identified with?
3. What region took over the rubber industry from Brazil in 1913?
4. Who was William Walker?
5. In Haiti, what does the rainbow symbolize?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)