|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through King Sugar and Other Agricultural Monarchs.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was William Walker?
(a) He was a US historian who sought to tell the truth about the history of Latin America.
(b) He was a British explorer who ventured deep into the Amazon.
(c) He was a Haitian revolutionary who led a rebellion against landowners.
(d) He was a US assassin who made his way through Central America, eventually taking Panama for the Panama Canal.
2. What year did Columbus "discover" America?
3. For whom did Montezuma mistake the invading Europeans?
(a) For King Ferdinand himself.
(b) For his enemies in the south.
(c) For the god Tenochtitlan.
(d) For the god Quetzalcoatl.
4. How did Asia acquire rubber tree seeds?
(a) The trees were discovered deep in the forest.
(b) Chinese merchants came to Brazil and took the seeds back.
(c) Christopher Columbus took seeds back for Ferdinand and Isabella.
(d) Henry Wickham smuggled seeds out of Brazil.
5. Where did Columbus think he had landed, even during his third voyage?
(a) He thought he was off the coast of Venezuela.
(b) He thought he was off the coast of Africa.
(c) He thought he was off the coast of Asia.
(d) He thought he was off the coast of Hawaii.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the rubber workers in Brazil paid?
2. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
3. Who was Miguel Hidalgo?
4. What is expropriation?
5. What is the most universal health problem in Latin America?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)