|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Premature Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How, in the 1800s, did Britain pay for most of its Latin American goods?
(a) It paid with carbonate.
(b) It paid with silver.
(c) It paid with textiles.
(d) It paid with gold.
2. Concerning petroleum, where is the most money to be made?
(a) The most money is made for the producing country.
(b) The most money is made for the consuming country.
(c) The most money is made for the middleman.
(d) The most money is made for the laborer.
3. What Hapsburg King of Spain was obsessed with religious wars, draining Spain's coffers and exploited Latin America?
(a) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(b) Louis XI.
(c) Charles V.
(d) Henry VIII.
4. What was the key to success in the sugar industry?
(a) Temperate climate.
(b) Slave traffic.
(d) Imported European workers.
5. What resources caused the boom of the Minas Gerais region?
(a) Tin and iron.
(b) Oil and water.
(c) Gold and diamonds.
(d) Silver and crystal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the English monarch at the time of this incident?
2. In the 1800s, what country was the chief importer into Latin America?
3. What does Alcoa stand for?
4. What Brazilian mineral deposit is essential to the steel industry?
5. What did John Thomas North and his partner Robert Harvey purchase for the war effort?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)