|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Premature Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Aztec innovation in Mexico City is still visited by tourists today?
(a) The golden mask.
(b) The pyramids of Cairo.
(c) The floating gardens.
(d) The great sundial.
2. Who was Aleijadinho?
(a) One of the greatest artists in Brazil's history, nicknamed "Little Cripple."
(b) A Portuguese merchant who exported gold from Brazil.
(c) A Brazilian slave who worked in the diamond mines.
(d) The governor of Minas Gerais.
3. What invention was a major factor in Britain's industrial revolution?
(a) The steam engine.
(b) The space shuttle.
(c) The wheel.
(d) The airplane.
4. What is guano?
(a) Brazilian currency.
(b) A traditional delicacy.
(c) A specific type of poncho.
(d) Bird excrement.
5. Why must the USA purchase so many of its minerals abroad?
(a) The USA is controlled by Britain.
(b) The USA cannot afford to mine its own mineral deposits.
(c) The USA enjoys foreign trade.
(d) The USA lacks sufficient natural mineral deposits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Miguel Hidalgo?
2. What is silicosis?
3. What Brazilian mineral deposit is essential to the steel industry?
4. What was guano used for in Europe?
5. What is a tojo?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)