|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Tales of Premature Death.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
2. What is the Haber process?
(a) A process that produces nitrate by fixing nitrogen from the air.
(b) A process by which iron is purified.
(c) A process that economically could fix Brazil.
(d) A process by which Bolivia vowed to uphold.
3. What Hapsburg King of Spain was obsessed with religious wars, draining Spain's coffers and exploited Latin America?
(a) Ferdinand of Aragon.
(b) Charles V.
(c) Louis XI.
(d) Henry VIII.
4. What resource was at the center of the city of Potosi's prosperity?
5. Why must the USA purchase so many of its minerals abroad?
(a) The USA lacks sufficient natural mineral deposits.
(b) The USA enjoys foreign trade.
(c) The USA cannot afford to mine its own mineral deposits.
(d) The USA is controlled by Britain.
Short Answer Questions
1. If slaves arrived in the colony and were too ill to work, what happened to them?
2. What area's maps were given to private concerns with the aid of a US government geological survey?
3. Who is Simon Ituri Patino?
4. What resource replaced nitrate as Chile's main export?
5. What is guano?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)