|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Contemporary Structure of Plunder.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of Latin American loans are provided by the USA?
2. Who was William Walker?
(a) He was a US historian who sought to tell the truth about the history of Latin America.
(b) He was a US assassin who made his way through Central America, eventually taking Panama for the Panama Canal.
(c) He was a British explorer who ventured deep into the Amazon.
(d) He was a Haitian revolutionary who led a rebellion against landowners.
3. In Brazil, what was Law 56,570, passed on July 6, 1965?
(a) This law made divorce unlawful.
(b) This law made gauchos legal servants of the state.
(c) This law reserved the petrochemical industry for the state.
(d) This law freed Brazil from all foreign debt.
4. What street took the place of Lombard Street in Latin America?
(a) Easy Street.
(b) Ponce de Leon Street.
(c) Wall Street.
(d) Maple Street.
5. What metaphor does the author use to describe industry in Latin America?
(a) As mayo is to a sandwich.
(b) As a penny is to a dollar.
(c) As a wheel is to a vehicle.
(d) As an airplane to an airport.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is silicosis?
2. Concerning petroleum, where is the most money to be made?
3. Out of the 70,000 Guatemalans that die each year, how many are children?
4. According to the "Capitalist Manifesto", what natural code governs human life?
5. Who was Guatemalan tyrant Jorge Ubico's idol?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)