1. What year did Columbus "discover" America?
2. What Spanish city was reconquered in 1492 under the reign of Ferdinand and Isabella?
3. To what purpose, according to Bernal Diaz del Castillo, did the Spanish come to Mexico?
(a) To serve God and His Majesty and also to get riches.
(b) To learn of the native peoples of the strange new land.
(c) To build houses and start a new civilization.
(d) To bring the natives European literature and guns.
4. Where did Columbus think he had landed, even during his third voyage?
(a) He thought he was off the coast of Hawaii.
(b) He thought he was off the coast of Asia.
(c) He thought he was off the coast of Africa.
(d) He thought he was off the coast of Venezuela.
5. Who usually financed the conquistadors' expeditions?
(a) England's monarch.
(b) The native peoples of the New World.
(c) The state or government.
(d) Businessmen or the conquistadors themselves.
This section contains 4,724 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)