* Spain financed Columbus' expedition in hopes of finding a new, less expensive passage to the treasures of the Indies and Asia.
* The Christian world was waging a war against Islam.
* After 800 years, Spain finally regained the city of Granada.
* The Pope granted great tracts of land in Latin America to Queen Isabella and to Portugal.
* The Indians are terrified of the strange newcomers and their horses.
* Montezuma thought the invaders were the return of the god Quetzalcoatl, reputed to have white skin and yellow hair.
* The Indians were defeated by the men on horseback and their weapons, but mostly by the devastating diseases the Europeans brought with them.
* Because of its treasures, Latin Americans are forced into labor by Europeans, becoming the horse to Europe's horsemen.
* Potosi, once the jewel of Latin America, now lies in ruin in one of the poorest...
This section contains 1,602 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)