|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What distracts Liz and Macey when they get into the basement?
2. What does Rebecca think is the cause of Cammie's anxiety?
3. What does Townsend ask Liz?
4. What does Cammie say to Mr. Smith about Solomon?
5. What does Cammie notice as they are getting the journal?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the late-night plan executed by Cammie and her three fellow operatives?
2. What does Cammie find that is directed at her personally when she investigates what Joe said to her?
3. Of what are Macey and Liz trying to convince Cammie about the sub-basement and what has Cammie anxious?
4. How does the group get to Blackthorne and what are they told when they arrive there?
5. Where do Zach and Cammie go when they leave the target room and what happens right after Zach and Cammie retrieve the journal?
6. What is it like in the van on the ride back to the school and what do the girls talk about when they get back to the school?
7. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
8. Where do Zach and Cammie go after they retrieve the journal and what do they see there?
9. How does Cammie get to a secret meeting as the result of the message to her?
10. What does Cammie do when she realizes the meaning of Joe's message to her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Oftentimes, a book has more of a character-driven plot rather than action driven, and oftentimes the other way. Some books seem to balance the two. Discuss the following:
1. What do you think it means to say that a plot is character driven? Action driven?
2. How do you think a plot differs if it is character driven versus action driven?
3. Which type of plot do you find more interesting? Why?
4. Do you think it is possible to have a plot where action and character development share equal time? Why or why not.
5. What type of plot do you think Only the Good Spy Young is? Explain your response.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Only the Good Spy Young? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Only the Good Spy Young including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Only the Good Spy Young and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Only the Good Spy Young belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
This section contains 1,134 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)