|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith say to Cammie about Solomon?
2. What is the cover story for Blackthorne?
3. What does Zach say to Cammie when he finds her?
4. Who accidentally sets off the security system?
5. What does Cammie finally decide Solomon looked like on the bridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Zach and Cammie go after they retrieve the journal and what do they see there?
2. What does Zach tell Cammie when he comes to her at night?
3. How do Zach and the girls get to the fence around Blackthorne and what does each operative do?
4. What does Cammie do when she leaves the shed and what does she realize?
5. What does Cammie say about the security measures in the sub-basement?
6. What do the girls realize when they look at the journal?
7. How does Cammie get to a secret meeting as the result of the message to her?
8. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
9. What does Zach tell the Gallagher girls about Blackthorne and who arrives when they are all talking?
10. What does the journal say about Solomon and Morgan?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Ally Carter.
2. What in Carter's background may have helped him in writing Only the Good Spy Young? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Only the Good Spy Young? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Only the Good Spy Young including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Only the Good Spy Young and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an important part of what makes Only the Good Spy Young interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Cammie. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Zach. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Joe Solomon. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)