|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith say to Cammie about Solomon?
2. What was Morgan and Solomon's last mission together?
3. What does Zach say about the security on the sub-levels?
4. What catches Cammie's attention as she is going to her dorm?
5. What is the cover story for the Gallagher Academy?
Essay Topic 1
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as Only the Good Spy Young help a reader to know him/herself? Do you find yourself reflecting on your own character and abilities when reading Only the Good Spy Young? Why or why not.
3. Choose one specific incident in Only the Good Spy Young to discuss and compare one of the characters' response to how you think you would respond.
Essay Topic 2
Over the course of Only the Good Spy Young, Cammie grows as a person in both complexity and understanding. Only the Good Spy Young might be considered a slice of Cammie's larger story of his "coming of age." It might be said that Only the Good Spy Young is a "bildungsroman" of Cammie Morgan. Discuss the following:
1. Define Bildungsroman, or "Coming of Age," and give several examples from literature you have read.
2. Trace and analyze the character of Cammie as she changes from a more carefree, innocent girl to a wiser, young woman. What are the significant events that change Cammie?
3. After thoroughly analyzing Cammie's growth throughout Only the Good Spy Young, do you think Only the Good Spy Young could be considered Cammie's Coming of Age story? Why or why not?
4. Are there any other characters in Only the Good Spy Young who go through a Coming of Age experience? Who? Why do you think so?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Only the Good Spy Young.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Only the Good Spy Young. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Only the Good Spy Young. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
This section contains 2,815 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)