|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who manages to control the glass wall's systems?
2. Where does Cammie go after the others get settled?
3. What does Townsend say to Cammie outside Rachel's office?
4. What catches Cammie's attention as she is going to her dorm?
5. What does Zach say about the security on the sub-levels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Zach tell Cammie in the square?
2. What does the journal say about Solomon and Morgan?
3. What does Cammie do with the journal at first and what happens when she does it?
4. What happens when the girls return upstairs?
5. How do Zach and the girls get to the fence around Blackthorne and what does each operative do?
6. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
7. Where does Townsend take Cammie and her friends, why does he say they are going there and what does Cammie tell Rebecca?
8. Where do Zach and Cammie go after they retrieve the journal and what do they see there?
9. How does the group get to Blackthorne and what are they told when they arrive there?
10. How do the girls get Solomon's journal and why do they leave in such a rush?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Many novels, and perhaps a majority, of novels ends on a happy note. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think many (most?) people want what they perceive as a happy or good ending to a novel? Explain your opinion. Do you? Why or why not?
2. What are three reasons to read fiction? Discuss each one in light of Only the Good Spy Young and whether or not it fulfills all three, two or one of the reasons you mention. Give examples as to why Only the Good Spy Young is or is not successful in fulfilling the reasons you discuss.
3. Do you think reading solely for entertainment is as good a reason to read as any other? Why or why not? Can any work of fiction or non-fiction, no matter how poorly written, enlighten, teach, stimulate thought? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Cammie and Zach. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Rachel and Zach's mother. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Only the Good Spy Young help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
This section contains 1,298 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)