|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cammie ask Zach about the Circle?
2. What does Rachel tell the girls to do?
3. What does Zach say about why the Circle wants Cammie?
4. What does Zach do right before he leaves Cammie?
5. What do the girls do immediately upon return to the surface?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the girls return upstairs?
2. What does Cammie do when she realizes the meaning of Joe's message to her?
3. What is the late-night plan executed by Cammie and her three fellow operatives?
4. What does Zach tell the Gallagher girls about Blackthorne and who arrives when they are all talking?
5. What does Solomon say to Cammie at the park and what does she say to him?
6. Of what are Macey and Liz trying to convince Cammie about the sub-basement and what has Cammie anxious?
7. How does Cammie figure out what Solomon said after talking to Mr. Smith?
8. How do Zach and the girls get to the fence around Blackthorne and what does each operative do?
9. What does Zach tell Cammie in the square?
10. What do the girls realize when they look at the journal?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Only the Good Spy Young is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of growth in Only the Good Spy Young. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with growth? Why? What are some symbols of growth? Symbols of rigidity? What characters seem rigid?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of freedom in Only the Good Spy Young. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess freedom? Who feels trapped? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of identity in Only the Good Spy Young. Who struggles with knowing who they are? Who seems to be confident in their identity? How is identity conveyed in Only the Good Spy Young?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Thoroughly analyze how the setting informs the plot in Only the Good Spy Young.
2. Trace and analyze one major theme of Only the Good Spy Young. How is the theme represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
3. Trace and analyze two secondary themes of Only the Good Spy Young. How are the themes represented by symbolism? By the characters' behaviors? By the action?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)