|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the blackboards the girls find?
2. What are the students told to do at the park?
3. What does Zach tell Cammie Solomon said?
4. Where do Cammie, Zach and the girls meet with the Baxters?
5. What does Zach tell the girls about Blackthorne?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Zach and Cammie go after they retrieve the journal and what do they see there?
2. What does Zach tell Cammie when he comes to her at night?
3. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
4. How does the group get to Blackthorne and what are they told when they arrive there?
5. What does Cammie do with the journal at first and what happens when she does it?
6. How does Cammie figure out what Solomon said after talking to Mr. Smith?
7. What does the journal say about Solomon and Morgan?
8. Where does Townsend take Cammie and her friends, why does he say they are going there and what does Cammie tell Rebecca?
9. What is the late-night plan executed by Cammie and her three fellow operatives?
10. What happens when the girls return upstairs?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Only the Good Spy Young belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss one of the following:
1. Trace and analyze the theme of growth in Only the Good Spy Young. Consider the following questions as you write: What characters are most concerned with growth? Why? What are some symbols of growth? Symbols of rigidity? What characters seem rigid?
2. Trace and analyze the theme of freedom in Only the Good Spy Young. Which characters struggle with this issue? Why? Which characters seem to possess freedom? Who feels trapped? Why?
3. Trace and analyze the theme of identity in Only the Good Spy Young. Who struggles with knowing who they are? Who seems to be confident in their identity? How is identity conveyed in Only the Good Spy Young?
This section contains 1,213 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)