|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Zach ask Cammie to do?
2. Why is Liz left at the perimeter of Blackthorne?
3. What catches Cammie's attention as she is going to her dorm?
4. How does Rebecca feel about Zach?
5. How does the trip to the sub-level begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where do Zach and Cammie go after they retrieve the journal and what do they see there?
2. How does Cammie get to a secret meeting as the result of the message to her?
3. How do the girls get Solomon's journal and why do they leave in such a rush?
4. How do the girls disable the security system on the basement level?
5. How does Cammie figure out what Solomon said after talking to Mr. Smith?
6. How do Zach and the girls get to the fence around Blackthorne and what does each operative do?
7. What does Cammie do when she leaves the shed and what does she realize?
8. What happens when the girls return upstairs?
9. What does Cammie say about the security measures in the sub-basement?
10. What does Zach tell the Gallagher girls about Blackthorne and who arrives when they are all talking?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Only the Good Spy Young? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Only the Good Spy Young including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Only the Good Spy Young and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Often, authors will write about "what they know," and sometimes knowing a little about the author makes the books more interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Research and give a brief biographical sketch of Ally Carter.
2. What in Carter's background may have helped him in writing Only the Good Spy Young? What may have influenced the way he depicts various characters and scenes?
3. Do you think there is always some of the author's own life in his/her novels? Why or why not? Give examples.
Essay Topic 3
Only the Good Spy Young belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
This section contains 1,096 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)