Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Smith say to Cammie about Solomon?
2. What was Morgan and Solomon's last mission together?
3. What does Zach say about the security on the sub-levels?
4. What catches Cammie's attention as she is going to her dorm?
5. What is the cover story for the Gallagher Academy?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. Who is/are the protagonists of the story and why?
2. Who is/are the antagonists of the story and why?
3. Which 3 secondary characters have the greatest impact on the plot?
4. Are any of the characters dispensable and which ones? Why or why not?
5. Do you think this is a character-driven plot or an action-driven plot? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
Many readers of fiction place themselves in the position of one character, wondering if they would do the same thing as that character. Discuss the following:
1. Do you think one of the values of literature is to serve as a reflection of oneself? Why or why not?
2. Socrates said "Know thyself." How can reading a book such as Only the Good Spy Young help a reader to know him/herself? Do you find yourself reflecting on your own character and abilities when reading Only the Good Spy Young? Why or why not.
3. Choose one specific incident in Only the Good Spy Young to discuss and compare one of the characters' response to how you think you would respond.
Essay Topic 3
Only the Good Spy Young belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)