Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cammie want to contact after talking to Zach?
2. What does Cammie think about Edward?
3. What does Rebecca tell her parents about Joe?
4. What is Rebecca's father's name?
5. What does she tell Cammie about Cammie's difficulties in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Townsend tell the class about the Circle?
2. How does Cammie hear what the adults are saying in the kitchen and how do they find out she is listening?
3. What do the girls find out from Townsend?
4. What do the girls see and do when they arrive at their dorm room?
5. How do Cammie and the others feel when walking to their dorm and why?
6. What does Buckingham tell Cammie and Rebecca about their adventures in London and who sees them right after they talk to him? What does she say to them?
7. What does Townsend do when the class starts, why does Cammie get upset and what does she do about it?
8. What have the girls found out about Townsend and what is their resolve?
9. Where does the van go in which the Baxters have Cammie and what happens immediately after they get there?
10. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Only the Good Spy Young is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Characters are an important part of what makes Only the Good Spy Young interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Cammie. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Zach. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Joe Solomon. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
Only the Good Spy Young is one book in a series of novels involving Cammie. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,181 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)