|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cammie say about the best operatives?
2. How does Cammie hear the conversation of the adults in the kitchen?
3. What does Cammie worry about Zach?
4. What does she tell Cammie about Cammie's difficulties in London?
5. What does Joe do to get away from the operatives surrounding him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rebecca tell their friends after dinner and what has them worried?
2. What does Abby tell Rebecca and Cammie about Joe Solomon?
3. What does the journal say about Solomon and Morgan?
4. What does Townsend tell the class about the Circle?
5. What does Cammie find that is directed at her personally when she investigates what Joe said to her?
6. Of what are Macey and Liz trying to convince Cammie about the sub-basement and what has Cammie anxious?
7. Where do Zach and Cammie go after they retrieve the journal and what do they see there?
8. What is the conversation between Cammie and the person she unexpectedly meets?
9. What does Cammie do with the journal at first and what happens when she does it?
10. What takes place the first night Cammie arrives back in school, what does Macey ask Rebecca and what do the girls reveal to Cammie? How does Cammie feel about what the girls say?
Essay Topic 1
Titles often play a vital role in making a person decide to read a particular book. Discuss the following:
1. Fully explain why you think Only the Good Spy Young is titled as such. Do you think it is the best title for the book? Why or why not? Can you think of a better title? Why would you choose it?
2. How important is a title in influencing you to consider reading a book? Explain your answer.
3. Do you think a title needs to have direct relevance to a book's content? Explain your answer.
4. Have you ever read a book that when you finished, you do not understand the relevance of the title? Does it discourage you from "trusting" that particular author again?
Essay Topic 2
There are a number of interesting questions raised by Only the Good Spy Young. Questions that Carter most likely want readers to consider and think through carefully. Discuss the following:
1. What does the term "author agenda" mean?
2. Name one idea/concept you think may have been a part of the Carter' agenda. Analyze that idea throughout the book and discuss Carter' probable agenda concerning that idea.
2. Do you think writers who have an agenda for writing should point it out in a preface?
3. How often do you think fiction is written with a clear agenda in mind by the author?
4. Research the life of Carter and see if/where his life may have influenced his writing.
Essay Topic 3
Only the Good Spy Young is one book in a series of novels involving Cammie. Discuss the following.
1. What are a couple advantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
2. What are a couple disadvantages of writing a series of novels about the same characters? Use examples.
3. Do you prefer to read a standalone book, or a series of books with the same main characters? Explain your response.
4. Do you think it is easier or more difficult (or about the same) to write a standalone book versus one in a series? Explain your answer.
This section contains 3,517 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)