|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cammie want to contact after talking to Zach?
2. What does Cammie think about Edward?
3. What does Rebecca tell her parents about Joe?
4. What is Rebecca's father's name?
5. What does she tell Cammie about Cammie's difficulties in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Townsend tell the class about the Circle?
2. How does Cammie hear what the adults are saying in the kitchen and how do they find out she is listening?
3. What do the girls find out from Townsend?
4. What do the girls see and do when they arrive at their dorm room?
5. How do Cammie and the others feel when walking to their dorm and why?
6. What does Buckingham tell Cammie and Rebecca about their adventures in London and who sees them right after they talk to him? What does she say to them?
7. What does Townsend do when the class starts, why does Cammie get upset and what does she do about it?
8. What have the girls found out about Townsend and what is their resolve?
9. Where does the van go in which the Baxters have Cammie and what happens immediately after they get there?
10. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the following:
1. What is foreshadow? How many incidences of foreshadow are in Only the Good Spy Young? How does foreshadow contribute to a book's suspense?
2. Discuss an example of foreshadow in Only the Good Spy Young including why you believe it is foreshadow. Include examples from the book and your own life to illustrate your answer.
3. How do you think most people react to uncertainty in their lives? Use examples from Only the Good Spy Young and your own live to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the following:
1. What do you think are the characteristics of a successful novel?
2. Analyze and discuss Only the Good Spy Young based upon the criteria you decide upon in #1 and judge if Only the Good Spy Young is a successful novel.
3. Do you think the criteria for a successful novel should be different if it is written for adults versus young adults? Why or why not? Would most adults consider Only the Good Spy Young a successful novel? What about young teens?
Essay Topic 3
Many novels, and perhaps a majority, of novels ends on a happy note. Discuss the following:
1. Why do you think many (most?) people want what they perceive as a happy or good ending to a novel? Explain your opinion. Do you? Why or why not?
2. What are three reasons to read fiction? Discuss each one in light of Only the Good Spy Young and whether or not it fulfills all three, two or one of the reasons you mention. Give examples as to why Only the Good Spy Young is or is not successful in fulfilling the reasons you discuss.
3. Do you think reading solely for entertainment is as good a reason to read as any other? Why or why not? Can any work of fiction or non-fiction, no matter how poorly written, enlighten, teach, stimulate thought? Why or why not?
This section contains 3,472 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)