Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Cammie want to contact after talking to Zach?
2. What does Cammie think about Edward?
3. What does Rebecca tell her parents about Joe?
4. What is Rebecca's father's name?
5. What does she tell Cammie about Cammie's difficulties in London?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Townsend tell the class about the Circle?
2. How does Cammie hear what the adults are saying in the kitchen and how do they find out she is listening?
3. What do the girls find out from Townsend?
4. What do the girls see and do when they arrive at their dorm room?
5. How do Cammie and the others feel when walking to their dorm and why?
6. What does Buckingham tell Cammie and Rebecca about their adventures in London and who sees them right after they talk to him? What does she say to them?
7. What does Townsend do when the class starts, why does Cammie get upset and what does she do about it?
8. What have the girls found out about Townsend and what is their resolve?
9. Where does the van go in which the Baxters have Cammie and what happens immediately after they get there?
10. How does Cammie get away from Zach's mother?
Essay Topic 1
Characters are an integral and important part of almost all novels. Discuss the following:
1. Compare/contrast the characters of Cammie and Zach. How are they similar? How are they different? Is there a flaw in each of their personalities? Be specific and give examples.
2. Compare/contrast the characters of Rachel and Zach's mother. How do they seem different? Which do you like more? Why? Which one seems more of a well-rounded character?
3. Thoroughly analyze how three of the secondary characters in Only the Good Spy Young help drive the plot and what their contribution is to the storyline. Are any of the secondary characters unnecessary? Indispensable? Which of the secondary characters are likable? Which are either unlikable or even despicable? Be specific and give examples.
Essay Topic 2
Only the Good Spy Young belongs to the fantasy genre. Discuss the following:
1. Define the literary term "genre" and give several examples of three other genres in addition to the fantasy genre.
2. Discuss two reasons why it might be useful to label a text by genre and two reasons it might be disadvantageous to label a text by genre.
3. What do you think is the difference between a fantasy and a historical novel mystery?
Essay Topic 3
Characters are an important part of what makes Only the Good Spy Young interesting. Discuss the following:
1. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Cammie. What are her strengths? Her weaknesses? How does she contribute to the plot? Is she a sympathetic character? Is she ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
2. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Zach. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
3. Thoroughly discuss and analyze Joe Solomon. What are his strengths? His weaknesses? How does he contribute to the plot? Is he a sympathetic character? Is he ever likable? Never likable? Use specific examples to illustrate your ideas.
This section contains 1,165 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)