|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Cammie and her friends leave the school?
(a) In a mini-van.
(b) In Macey's car.
(c) In a boat.
(d) On a underground tram.
2. Where does Cammie go after the others get settled?
(a) To the top of the bell tower.
(b) To get ice cream.
(c) To the library steps.
(d) To the kitchen in Macey's house.
3. How do the girls get back to the surface?
(b) With a winch and pulley system.
(c) The stairs.
(d) Through the basement window.
4. What does Townsend tell Cammie about Solomon?
(a) He has been freed by the Circle.
(b) He is not a double agent.
(c) He is badly injured.
(d) He wants to see Cammie.
5. What do the girls do when they arrive back at the dorm?
(a) Go to bed.
(b) Call the Baxters.
(c) Collect their emergency packs.
(d) Look at Solomon's journal.
6. What awakens Cammie?
(a) A deep voice.
(b) A gunshot.
(c) A loud bang.
(d) The television coming on.
7. What does Solomon look like when Cammie yells at him?
(a) He looks angry.
(b) His face reflects grief and regret.
(c) He looks half crazy.
(d) He looks amused.
8. What does Cammie realize when she runs away from Solomon and Townsend?
(a) Zach must be around.
(b) The whole outing was a trap.
(c) She still trusts Solomon.
(d) Townsend is probably a double agent.
9. What is behind a glass wall?
(a) A laser system.
(b) A cascade of water.
(c) A large pile of rocks.
(d) It is too dark to see.
10. What does Zach tell the girls about Blackthorne?
(a) It is going to be destroyed that night.
(b) It is owned by the Circle.
(c) It is owned by Gallagher Academy.
(d) There is another journal there.
11. What does Rebecca think is the cause of Cammie's anxiety?
(a) Cammie's feelings for Zach.
(b) Cammie's belief that her father is alive.
(c) Cammie's concerns about Townsend.
(d) Cammie's worries that she will disappoint her mother.
12. What does Cammie notice as they are getting the journal?
(a) The deadly silence.
(b) A noise.
(c) The light bulbs are mostly broken.
(d) The desk looks like her father's.
13. What does Cammie finally decide Solomon looked like on the bridge?
14. What does Townsend tell Cammie about Rachel?
(a) She has been called away.
(b) She is at the hospital.
(c) She is asleep.
(d) She told him to bring Cammie to the basement.
15. What is the cover story for Blackthorne?
(a) A private arts and music school.
(b) A military prep school.
(c) A center for juvenile delinquents.
(d) A magnet school for the sciences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what do Macey and Liz try to convince Cammie?
2. What does Cammie do when she sees Zach?
3. What does Zach say about the security on the sub-levels?
4. What does Cammie comment about the security measures in the sub-levels?
5. How does the trip to the sub-level begin?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)