|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Cammie's friends say about Solomon in relation to her?
(a) Solomon wants to take her to the Circle.
(b) Solomon cannot be trusted.
(c) Solomon truly cares for her.
(d) Solomon may be her biological father.
2. What comment to Townsend makes him dismiss the class early?
(a) The books for the class did not come in that week.
(b) He does not have the clearance to go to Sub-Level 2.
(c) His British accent is too difficult to understand.
(d) Cammie's mother is very hard on her teachers.
3. What does Cammie think about Solomon being missing?
(a) He is probably dead.
(b) He is visiting his girlfriend.
(c) He can take care of himself.
(d) He is probably with her father.
4. Why is Townsend at Gallagher?
(a) To learn the job from Rachel.
(b) To track Solomon.
(c) To protect Cammie.
(d) He is marrying one of the other teachers.
5. Where do the three girls go after greeting Liz?
(a) To the cafeteria.
(b) To the dorm tower.
(c) To Rachel's office.
(d) To the dean's office.
6. What is taking place at the school that night?
(a) New teachers are being introduced.
(b) A Welcome Back Dinner.
(c) Room assignments.
(d) Class schedules are handed out.
7. What relationship is Rebecca to Cammie?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Her sister.
(d) Just an acquaintance.
8. Where do Cammie and her friends go when they leave their room?
(a) The Grand Hall.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The library.
(d) Study hall.
9. What is Zach looking for in Chapter 1?
(a) One of Cammie's teachers.
(b) A new book just out.
(c) His jogging shoes.
(d) His mother.
10. What does Mr. Baxter use the final leg of the journey to teach?
(a) Finding a safe house.
(b) Changing a flat tire.
(c) Evading surveillance.
(d) Shooting a gun while driving.
11. What do Rebecca's parents call to Cammie in Chapter 1?
(a) To come join them.
(b) To come choose her ice cream flavor.
(c) To put on her swimsuit.
(d) To quit talking to Zach.
12. What surprises Cammie about the school?
(a) That fourteen of their friends did not return.
(b) How it all looks the same.
(c) How much has changed there.
(d) How many new students there are.
13. How does Mr. Baxter get the car into the air?
(a) He does not get it into the air.
(b) It reconfigures into a small helicopter.
(c) Drives off a ramp.
(d) Pops out wings.
14. To whom does Cammie say good-bye when they reach their destination?
(c) The Baxters.
(d) Liz and Susie.
15. What does Cammie insist to her friends after they finish talking to Townsend?
(a) She knows Solomon is with her mother.
(b) That her friends do not know how she feels.
(c) She knew about everything Townsend said.
(d) That she is not upset.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Cammie and Rebecca feel about Joe?
2. Who tells Cammie that she understands how Cammie feels?
3. Where does Mr. Baxter go when he veers off the main road?
4. What does Cammie tell the British operative?
5. What does Rebecca tell her parents about Joe?
This section contains 552 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)