|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Rachel when school starts?
(a) She is being detained for questioning.
(b) In Greece looking for her husband.
(c) She is on a secret mission to Russia.
(d) At home, her mother is ill.
2. What does Mr. Baxter use the final leg of the journey to teach?
(a) Finding a safe house.
(b) Evading surveillance.
(c) Changing a flat tire.
(d) Shooting a gun while driving.
3. What surprises Cammie about the school?
(a) How it all looks the same.
(b) How much has changed there.
(c) How many new students there are.
(d) That fourteen of their friends did not return.
4. In Chapter 5, how long is Cammie alone?
(a) For a couple of hours.
(b) All day.
(c) About 20 minutes.
(d) Six hours.
5. What does Townsend say about Cammie's father?
(a) He and Townsend are cousins.
(b) His body has been found.
(c) Solomon is responsible for Morgan's death.
(d) He is a member of the Circle.
6. How does Cammie hear the conversation of the adults in the kitchen?
(a) Sitting in the dumb waiter.
(b) Hiding in the pantry.
(c) Listening under the window.
(d) She does not hear the conversation.
7. What does Rebecca's father talk about concerning ravens.
(a) Ravens are sacred to the Native Americans.
(b) Ravens and Crows are bad omens.
(c) They make excellent carrier birds.
(d) The myth of them and the Tower of London.
8. What do Cammie and Rebecca do when they join the Baxters and Cammie's aunt?
(a) Eat dinner.
(b) Demand they are told what is going on with Solomon.
(c) Talk about the school year coming up.
(d) Go over a map of the area.
9. Why is Townsend at Gallagher?
(a) He is marrying one of the other teachers.
(b) To learn the job from Rachel.
(c) To protect Cammie.
(d) To track Solomon.
10. How does Mr. Baxter get the car into the air?
(a) Pops out wings.
(b) It reconfigures into a small helicopter.
(c) Drives off a ramp.
(d) He does not get it into the air.
11. What relationship is Rebecca to Cammie?
(a) Her best friend.
(b) Her cousin.
(c) Just an acquaintance.
(d) Her sister.
12. What is Cammie doing at the beginning of the book?
(a) Eating at a restaurant.
(b) Ice skating.
(c) Playing volleyball.
(d) Sitting in class.
13. Where do Cammie and her friends go when they leave their room?
(a) The cafeteria.
(b) The Grand Hall.
(c) Study hall.
(d) The library.
14. For what does Cammie tell the British operative she is angry?
(a) For the way Joe has been treated.
(b) For pulling her out of school.
(c) For such a long wait to speak to him.
(d) For not calling her mother.
15. What comment to Townsend makes him dismiss the class early?
(a) Cammie's mother is very hard on her teachers.
(b) The books for the class did not come in that week.
(c) He does not have the clearance to go to Sub-Level 2.
(d) His British accent is too difficult to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rachel tell Cammie as she is crying?
2. What do the girls hear Townsend talk about with another teacher?
3. Who formed the Circle?
4. Where is Cammie at the beginning of Chapter 4?
5. What does Rebecca demand of her parents in the beginning of Chapter 4?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)