|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to the secret passages that the girls know about?
(a) They have been posted on the map.
(b) There are no secret passages.
(c) They are blocked off.
(d) They now have visible doors.
2. How do Cammie and Rebecca feel about Joe?
(a) They do not trust him.
(b) They trust him.
(c) They are indifferent to him.
(d) They do not like him.
3. What does Joe tell Cammie?
(a) To listen to Zach.
(b) To give her mother a message.
(c) To follow the pigeons.
(d) To watch the stars.
4. How does Cammie hear the conversation of the adults in the kitchen?
(a) Hiding in the pantry.
(b) She does not hear the conversation.
(c) Listening under the window.
(d) Sitting in the dumb waiter.
5. What does Rebecca demand of her parents in the beginning of Chapter 4?
(a) They allow her to go to the dance Saturday night.
(b) They let Cammie spend the night.
(c) They explain what just happened.
(d) They allow her and Cammie to go to the beach for spring break.
6. To whom does Cammie say good-bye when they reach their destination?
(a) The Baxters.
(d) Liz and Susie.
7. What kind of encounter does Cammie have with Zach in the first chapter?
(a) A surprise encounter.
(b) An angry encounter.
(c) No encounter.
(d) A humorous encounter.
8. What have Cammie and her friends found out in a a couple of weeks about what Solomon said to Cammie?
(a) They have found out all about carrier pigeons.
(c) They have found the historical reference.
(d) They have not thought about it since school started.
9. What does Cammie tell the British operative?
(a) That she is not a child.
(b) That her mother allows her to date Zach.
(c) That the Baxters are responsible for her.
(d) That her mother is head of the Gallagher school.
10. To where does the tunnel go in Chapter 4?
(a) A secret headquarters.
(b) To Charing Cross Roadds.
(c) The Gallagher School.
(d) To the Baxter's house.
11. What relationship is Rebecca to Cammie?
(a) Her sister.
(b) Just an acquaintance.
(c) Her best friend.
(d) Her cousin.
12. What does the narrative say about Townsend and Cammie's friends at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) It says he has cooperated well with them.
(b) It does not mention Townsend.
(c) It says that they are going to set him up for a fall.
(d) It talks about how little they have learned about him.
13. What makes Cammie think there is something she should see in the crowd around her in Chapter 2?
(a) A phone call.
(c) Her intuition.
(d) Something Zach said.
14. What surprises Cammie about the school?
(a) That fourteen of their friends did not return.
(b) How much has changed there.
(c) How many new students there are.
(d) How it all looks the same.
15. What does Cammie's aunt tell her about Joe?
(a) He has escaped England.
(b) He is dead.
(c) He is a double agent.
(d) He has been detained by the M16.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do some of the students speculate on the first day of school?
2. How does Townsend look when he arrives at class?
3. Who does Cammie vow to find?
4. Where does Mr. Baxter go when he veers off the main road?
5. What does Rebecca's father talk about concerning ravens.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)