|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joe pull Cammie away from?
(a) Mr. Baxter.
(d) Mrs. Baxter.
2. What does Joe do to get away from the operatives surrounding him?
(a) Jumps into the river.
(b) Goes into the subway.
(c) Jumps on a city bus.
(d) Is picked up by a helicopter.
3. What surprises Cammie about the school?
(a) That fourteen of their friends did not return.
(b) How it all looks the same.
(c) How much has changed there.
(d) How many new students there are.
4. What happens to Cammie when she and the Baxters arrive at their destination?
(a) She goes to bed.
(b) She goes with Rebecca to Rebecca's room.
(c) She is taken away for questioning.
(d) She goes to dinner.
5. How do Cammie and Rebecca feel about Joe?
(a) They do not like him.
(b) They do not trust him.
(c) They are indifferent to him.
(d) They trust him.
6. What does Joe tell Cammie?
(a) To give her mother a message.
(b) To watch the stars.
(c) To follow the pigeons.
(d) To listen to Zach.
7. What has happened to the secret passages that the girls know about?
(a) They have been posted on the map.
(b) They are blocked off.
(c) There are no secret passages.
(d) They now have visible doors.
8. In Chapter 5, how long is Cammie alone?
(a) For a couple of hours.
(b) Six hours.
(c) All day.
(d) About 20 minutes.
9. What does Rachel tell Cammie as she is crying?
(a) That Solomon is dead.
(b) That her father's body has been found.
(c) That she is leaving Gallagher.
(d) That Solomon is never coming home.
10. Why is Townsend at Gallagher?
(a) To track Solomon.
(b) To protect Cammie.
(c) He is marrying one of the other teachers.
(d) To learn the job from Rachel.
11. Where does Mr. Baxter take the car when it is in the lake?
(a) Under a waterfall.
(b) To an underground cavern.
(c) Down the river that dumps into the lake.
(d) To the other side of the lake.
12. Who greets Cammie and Rebecca at the school?
(a) Aunt Abby.
(b) Professor Buckingham.
(d) Professor Parker.
13. How does Mr. Baxter get the car into the air?
(a) It reconfigures into a small helicopter.
(b) He does not get it into the air.
(c) Drives off a ramp.
(d) Pops out wings.
14. Where do Cammie and her friends go when they leave their room?
(a) The Grand Hall.
(b) Study hall.
(c) The library.
(d) The cafeteria.
15. Where is Rachel when school starts?
(a) In Greece looking for her husband.
(b) She is being detained for questioning.
(c) She is on a secret mission to Russia.
(d) At home, her mother is ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Zach looking for in Chapter 1?
2. How does Cammie hear the conversation of the adults in the kitchen?
3. What does Cammie worry about Zach?
4. What does Cammie demand of the British operative?
5. How do Cammie and the Baxters get to the Gallagher School?
This section contains 529 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)