Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1-2 Abstract
* Richard was an airline pilot when he first met his wife twenty years ago.
* He and his wife now write together.
* Richard gave up his many women for Leslie.
* The alternate Richard, who was the subject of The Bridge Across Forever, had not made the same choice.
* He had fled to New Zealand...
This section contains 2,991 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)