• Richard was an airline pilot when he first met his wife twenty years ago.
• He and his wife now write together.
• Richard gave up his many women for Leslie.
• The alternate Richard, who was the subject of The Bridge Across Forever, had not made the same choice.
• He had fled to New Zealand from his Laura and now had homes in Auckland, Madrid and Singapore.
• The man is now a multimillionaire.
• Richard and Leslie fly to Los Angeles to attend a conference.
• When they are almost there, they see a flash of yellow light and Los Angeles disappears.
• They don't know what has happened, but the plane is flying itself.
• They talk about whether they are dead, and Richard says at least they died together.
• He lowers the plane to land in the water and everything disappears.
• They find themselves in a hotel; the elevator opens...
This section contains 2,991 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)