|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
2. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
3. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
4. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
5. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
Essay Topic 1
What do you consider to be the main theme of this story? List at least three examples of this theme, and explain why it is important.
Essay Topic 2
Ellen tries to question Dr. Cohn alone one day but the doctor refuses to talk about Kate's cancer without Kate present. Is the doctor correct? Ellen says that she wants to know more about the progression of the disease but can't ask without her mother present. Should she have asked? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The question of assisted suicide is one that has raised moral and legal questions in recent years. Do you believe that assisted suicide should be legal and is it morally acceptable? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)