|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
2. What kind of sandwich does Ellen eat after the trees are decorated?
3. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
4. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
5. What color are Ms. Duane's eyes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
2. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
3. Where does Jeff get the money for Ellen's legal defense?
4. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
5. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
6. What information is presented about Ellen's paternal grandparents.
7. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
8. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
9. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
10. What does Ellen say when Jeff asks if hallucinations are a side-effect of Kate's medication?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is Teresa? What is her role in Ellen's life? Who i s Jules? What is her role in Ellen's life? Which of the two characters is more important to Ellen? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Briefly explain how Ellen comes to be in jail. What is her purpose in not telling what she knows about her mother's death? What does that say about each of the characters involved?
Essay Topic 3
Who is Jonathan? What is his relationship with Ellen? What do Jules and Kate think of him? Describe his actions over the course of Kate's illness. What is Ellen's reaction when he tells her he has an internship and wants her to live with him? What motivates this reaction? Is Ellen correct in this reaction?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)