|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
2. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
3. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
4. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
5. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
2. What is George's response when Kate says she loves Christmas? What does he mean?
3. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
4. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
5. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
6. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
7. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
8. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
9. What does Ellen say to Mrs. Duane when she says that she's been meaning to visit Kate?
10. What information is presented about Ellen's paternal grandparents.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The question of assisted suicide is one that has raised moral and legal questions in recent years. Do you believe that assisted suicide should be legal and is it morally acceptable? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
When Dr. Cohn suggests that a nurse be hired to help Kate with some of her difficult tasks, Ellen adamantly refuses. Why does she refuse when it's so obvious she needs help? Ellen herself had previously suggested to her father that a nurse be hired. Why is Ellen so against it when it's Dr. Cohn's idea? Is the nurse necessary? What is her impact on the family?
Essay Topic 3
Who is it that comes to Ellen's rescue after Ellen's arrest? What is her role in Ellen's life? Why does she take on this new role after Ellen's arrest? What are the repercussions and are they justified?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)