Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
2. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
3. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
4. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
5. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the activities Ellen and Kate share during the months Ellen remains at home with Kate. Which of these are most important to Kate? Which are most important to Ellen? Why? What is the effect of these on their relationship?
Essay Topic 2
What are the "Minnies?" What is Kate's role in this group? Why is the group important to Kate? What is the reaction of the group's members after Kate's diagnosis? Why do they react this way? Is this typical?
Essay Topic 3
When Ellen and George have lunch together as her mother is becoming increasingly more dependent on pain medication, George says that it's time for them to begin planning Kate's funeral. Ellen says that her father asks too much of her and always has. What does Ellen mean? What is George's reaction? What does this say about their relationship?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)