Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
2. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
3. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
4. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
5. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
Essay Topic 1
Who is Teresa? What is her role in Ellen's life? Who i s Jules? What is her role in Ellen's life? Which of the two characters is more important to Ellen? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Ellen and her father clash over his insistence that she remain at home with her mother. Describe the arguments of each. Are their arguments valid? Why or why not? What were the possible alternatives? George says Ellen being at home is the only acceptable option. Was he correct? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
What do you consider to be the main theme of this story? List at least three examples of this theme, and explain why it is important.
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)