|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
(a) A sign up sheet for conferences
(b) A note with a phone number
(c) An envelope with Ellen's name
(d) A note to George
2. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
(a) Almost three hours
(b) Two hours
(c) Almost four hours
(d) Just more than an hour
3. What does Kate need when she calls for Ellen on pages 162?
(a) More medicine
(b) Help reading a phone number
(c) Help getting out of the tub
4. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
(a) At their parent's house
(b) At a Greek diner
(c) At Jeff's apartment
(d) At Mrs. Forburg's house
5. What was the sampler on the wall of the Gulden dining room?
(a) The scene from the Last Supper
(b) A still life of wine and fruit
(c) A field of sunflowers
(d) A family tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
2. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
3. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
4. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
5. When does Halley say her baby is due?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
2. What are Ellen's theories about why Mrs. Duane and Kate don't talk about men while they're having lunch together?
3. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
4. What does Ellen say to Mrs. Duane when she says that she's been meaning to visit Kate?
5. Describe the scene in which George is feeding Kate rice pudding. What does Ellen believe is happening?
6. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
7. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
8. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
9. Why does Ellen ask Jules not to come to the funeral?
10. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)