|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
(a) The police
(b) Dr. Cohen
2. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
(a) At the Duane's
(b) At the church
(c) At a local restaurant
(d) At George and Kate's home
3. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
(a) She's losing her eyesight
(b) The books depress her
(c) She's tired of the books
(d) She wants to talk with the time she has left
4. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
(a) She was the judge
(b) She was the defendant
(c) She was a member of the jury
(d) She was the prosecutor
5. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
(a) In the room with her mother
(b) In the kitchen
(c) In bed
(d) Looking for her father
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
2. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
3. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
4. What does Kate say her body looks like?
5. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
2. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
3. Why does Ellen say that no one acknowledges the ribbons on her mother's wheelchair wheels?
4. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
5. Why does Ellen ask Jules not to come to the funeral?
6. Describe the scene in which George is feeding Kate rice pudding. What does Ellen believe is happening?
7. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
8. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
9. What does Ellen say to Mrs. Duane when she says that she's been meaning to visit Kate?
10. What information is presented about Ellen's paternal grandparents.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)