|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Formburg
(b) Mrs. Duane
(c) Mrs. Best
(d) Mrs. Davis
2. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
(a) She's tired of the books
(b) She's losing her eyesight
(c) The books depress her
(d) She wants to talk with the time she has left
3. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Eighteen years
(b) Two years
(c) Twelve years
(d) Eight years
4. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(d) Cigar smoke
5. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
(b) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
(c) I can't wait
(d) To hell with Easter
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
2. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
3. Why does Jules quit her job?
4. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
5. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George's response when Kate says she loves Christmas? What does he mean?
2. Describe the scene in which George is feeding Kate rice pudding. What does Ellen believe is happening?
3. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
4. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
5. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
6. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
7. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
8. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
9. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
10. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
This section contains 790 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)