|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much does Jeff give him initially to defend Ellen?
2. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
(a) A sign up sheet for conferences
(b) A note with a phone number
(c) An envelope with Ellen's name
(d) A note to George
3. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) The driveway and the house next door
(b) The street
(c) The back yard
(d) There isn't a view
4. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
(d) A Christmas tree
5. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
(a) She wanted a chance to learn about literature
(b) She wanted to read them with Ellen
(c) She had never read them
(d) They were George's idea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
2. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
3. What kind of sandwich does Ellen eat after the trees are decorated?
4. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
5. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
2. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
3. What is George's response when Kate says she loves Christmas? What does he mean?
4. Describe the scene in which George is feeding Kate rice pudding. What does Ellen believe is happening?
5. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
6. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
7. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
8. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
9. What are Ellen's theories about why Mrs. Duane and Kate don't talk about men while they're having lunch together?
10. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
This section contains 833 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)