|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
2. How often does Teresa say she goes back to the city?
(a) About once a month
(c) Almost every weekend
(d) Only for holidays
3. Why does Ellen say she buys flowers?
(a) Because George feels it's necessary
(b) Because it pleases Kate
(c) Because Kate would have done it if she were able
(d) Because it makes Ellen feel productive
4. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
(a) Just Up the Road
(b) Camp Dream
(c) Window of the World
(d) Camp of Childhood
5. What was the sampler on the wall of the Gulden dining room?
(a) A still life of wine and fruit
(b) A field of sunflowers
(c) The scene from the Last Supper
(d) A family tree
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
2. Why does Ellen say she'd decided to protect her father?
3. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
4. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
5. What is Ellen's answer when the prosecutor asks if she killed Kate?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
2. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
3. Why does Ellen say that no one acknowledges the ribbons on her mother's wheelchair wheels?
4. Why does Ellen ask Jules not to come to the funeral?
5. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
6. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
7. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
8. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
9. What does Ellen say to Mrs. Duane when she says that she's been meaning to visit Kate?
10. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)