|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
(a) To avoid the reporter and photographer
(b) The carport is nearer the back door and it's raining
(c) Police are watching the front
(d) He's trying to make Ellen laugh
2. What is the craft project Ellen is working on?
(a) A landscape tapestry
(b) A sunflower pillow
(c) A teapot dishtowel
(d) A Southern lady pillowcase
3. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
(b) Babies and thunderstorms
(c) Being buried alive
(d) Snakes and spiders
4. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
(a) A Christmas tree
5. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
2. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
3. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
4. What happened to Chris's hand?
5. What does Ellen say about her mother's loss of vision?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
2. Where does Jeff get the money for Ellen's legal defense?
3. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
4. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
5. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
6. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
7. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
8. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
9. What are Ellen's theories about why Mrs. Duane and Kate don't talk about men while they're having lunch together?
10. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)