|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
(a) She wanted a chance to learn about literature
(b) They were George's idea
(c) She had never read them
(d) She wanted to read them with Ellen
2. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
(a) A magnifying glass
(b) A large-print edition
(c) An audio book
(d) A different book
3. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
(a) She's losing her eyesight
(b) She's tired of the books
(c) The books depress her
(d) She wants to talk with the time she has left
4. What is Ellen's answer when the prosecutor asks if she killed Kate?
(a) She says that she didn't but believes her father did
(b) She says she couldn't do it
(c) She says she did it
(d) She says she didn't but that she knows who did
5. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
(a) Just Up the Road
(b) Camp Dream
(c) Window of the World
(d) Camp of Childhood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say her body looks like?
2. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
3. What happened to Chris's hand?
4. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
5. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is George's response when Kate says she loves Christmas? What does he mean?
2. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
3. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
4. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
5. Why does Ellen ask Jules not to come to the funeral?
6. Where does Jeff get the money for Ellen's legal defense?
7. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
8. What does Ellen say to Mrs. Duane when she says that she's been meaning to visit Kate?
9. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
10. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)