|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen say she buys flowers?
(a) Because George feels it's necessary
(b) Because it pleases Kate
(c) Because Kate would have done it if she were able
(d) Because it makes Ellen feel productive
2. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
(a) White Christmas
(b) Miracle on 34th Street
(c) It's a Wonderful Life
(d) A Christmas Carol
3. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
(a) At Jeff's apartment
(b) At their parent's house
(c) At Mrs. Forburg's house
(d) At a Greek diner
4. What is George feeding Kate when Ellen stops by the den that night?
(a) Rice pudding
(b) Spoonfuls of dissolved morphine
(c) A scrambled egg
(d) Tomato soup
5. Why does Ellen say she'd decided to protect her father?
(a) She loves him
(b) She believes he couldn't withstand a trial
(c) She doesn't believe he really killed Kate
(d) She believes he had been unable to bear Kate's suffering
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
2. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
3. What is the pattern on the curtains in the living room?
4. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
5. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
2. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
3. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
4. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
5. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
6. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
7. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
8. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
9. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
10. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)