|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say happened to her mother?
(a) She died of cancer
(b) She died in childbirth
(c) She was hit by a cab
(d) She had cancer but it is in remission
2. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
(a) A bracelet
(b) A scarf
(c) A book
3. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
4. How often does Teresa come after Christmas?
(b) Four times weekly
(c) Three times weekly
(d) Twice weekly
5. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) There isn't a view
(b) The driveway and the house next door
(c) The street
(d) The back yard
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
2. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
3. What is the craft project Ellen is working on?
4. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
5. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
2. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
3. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
4. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
5. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
6. Why does Ellen say that no one acknowledges the ribbons on her mother's wheelchair wheels?
7. What are Ellen's theories about why Mrs. Duane and Kate don't talk about men while they're having lunch together?
8. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
9. Where does Jeff get the money for Ellen's legal defense?
10. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)