|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What movie does Ellen watch the evening she's home alone?
(a) American Pie
(b) True Lies
(c) All About Eve
(d) Home Alone II
2. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
(a) A nightgown
(b) A datebook
(c) A plane ticket
(d) A movie
3. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
(a) Just more than an hour
(b) Almost four hours
(c) Almost three hours
(d) Two hours
4. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
5. Where does Ellen spend the night after Kate asks Ellen to help end her suffering?
(a) In jail
(b) In her room
(c) On the bed beside her mother
(d) In a chair in the den
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
2. What was the sampler on the wall of the Gulden dining room?
3. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
4. What does the little girl named Hettie say to Kate?
5. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What information is presented about Ellen's paternal grandparents.
2. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
3. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
4. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
5. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
6. What does Ellen say when Jeff asks if hallucinations are a side-effect of Kate's medication?
7. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
8. Describe the scene in which George is feeding Kate rice pudding. What does Ellen believe is happening?
9. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
10. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)