|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
(a) Eight months
(b) Two weeks
(c) Five months
(d) Eight weeks
2. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
(a) Being buried alive
(c) Babies and thunderstorms
(d) Snakes and spiders
3. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
4. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
(a) In the room with her mother
(b) In bed
(c) In the kitchen
(d) Looking for her father
5. What does Kate eat on the last afternoon of her life?
(a) Mashed potatoes
(b) Tomato soup
(c) A scrambled egg
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George feeding Kate when Ellen stops by the den that night?
2. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
3. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
4. How often does Teresa say she goes back to the city?
5. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
2. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
3. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
4. What is George's response when Kate says she loves Christmas? What does he mean?
5. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
6. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
7. Why does Ellen ask Jules not to come to the funeral?
8. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
9. Where does Jeff get the money for Ellen's legal defense?
10. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)