|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
2. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
(c) Go Fish
3. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
(a) At the Duane's
(b) At a local restaurant
(c) At the church
(d) At George and Kate's home
4. When does Halley say her baby is due?
(a) A week earlier
(b) A week from Friday
(c) A month and a half
(d) Six weeks
5. What was the sampler on the wall of the Gulden dining room?
(a) The scene from the Last Supper
(b) A family tree
(c) A still life of wine and fruit
(d) A field of sunflowers
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
2. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
3. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
4. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
5. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
2. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
3. What happened to ruin Kate's evening out with George?
4. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
5. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
6. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
7. Where does Jeff get the money for Ellen's legal defense?
8. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
9. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
10. What does Ellen say when Jeff asks if hallucinations are a side-effect of Kate's medication?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)