|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) I can't wait
(b) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
(c) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
(d) To hell with Easter
2. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
(a) At the church
(b) At the Duane's
(c) At a local restaurant
(d) At George and Kate's home
3. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Eighteen years
(c) Eight years
(d) Two years
4. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
(a) Being gaudy
(b) Being glittery
(c) Being conservative
(d) Being generous
5. What color are the curtains in Mrs. Forburg's kitchen?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
2. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
3. What happened to Chris's hand?
4. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
5. When does Halley say her baby is due?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
2. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
3. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
4. Kate begins to try to give Ellen advice about her wedding but Ellen stops her. What is Kate's reaction?
5. What does Jeff say about Brian's problems at college and what is Ellen's response?
6. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
7. Why does Ellen say that no one acknowledges the ribbons on her mother's wheelchair wheels?
8. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
9. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
10. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)