|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
(a) She was the prosecutor
(b) She was a member of the jury
(c) She was the defendant
(d) She was the judge
2. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
(a) White Christmas
(b) Miracle on 34th Street
(c) A Christmas Carol
(d) It's a Wonderful Life
3. Why does Ellen say she didn't call her father after her mother's death?
(a) She was angry at her father
(b) She didn't realize Kate was dead
(c) She didn't want to let go of Kate's hand
(d) She'd wanted time to make coffee first
4. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
5. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
(a) At Jeff's apartment
(b) At a Greek diner
(c) At their parent's house
(d) At Mrs. Forburg's house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ellen's answer when the prosecutor asks if she killed Kate?
2. Who is the attorney who defends Ellen for the majority of the trial?
3. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
4. What movie does Ellen watch the evening she's home alone?
5. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen say when Jeff asks if hallucinations are a side-effect of Kate's medication?
2. What does Ellen think about when Jeff asks if she has a message for Jon? What is her message?
3. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
4. Why does Ellen say that no one acknowledges the ribbons on her mother's wheelchair wheels?
5. What does Teresa say when Ellen asks if she's curious as to why George is never home?
6. Describe the scene in which George is feeding Kate rice pudding. What does Ellen believe is happening?
7. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
8. What information is presented about Ellen's paternal grandparents.
9. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
10. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)