|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She doesn't like him
(b) She likes him
(c) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(d) She thinks he's very caring
2. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(b) She doesn't say
3. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
4. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
(a) Blue Spruce
5. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She says Ellen was very smart
(b) She says it's bound to be tedious
(c) She predicts they won't finish the books
(d) She says it's a bad idea
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
2. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
3. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
4. What does Kate say she's done to cause her back to hurt?
5. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen say tips her off to the fact that Jules has been talking to her mother and what does that say about the relationship between Jules and her mother?
2. What is the difference between the bedtime songs sang by Ellen's mother and those of her father, and what is their effect on Ellen?
3. What are the reactions of Brian and Jeff to their mother's appearance when they come home for Thanksgiving?
4. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
5. What are Ellen's thoughts when she goes into her mother's room and sees that she's so emaciated.
6. What is the "secret ingredient" Ellen adds to the chicken stock and what does her mother say about it?
7. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
8. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
9. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
10. Describe the story about Ellen that appears in the Tribune.
This section contains 808 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)