|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
(a) Freeze Queen
(b) Dairy Diner
(c) Tastee Freeze
(d) Dairy Queen
2. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
3. What is the name of the bar where Ellen goes with her brothers and Jonathan?
(a) Langhorn Saloon
(c) Jacks are Wild
(d) Sally's Corner
4. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
(a) An ironing board
(b) A pillow
(c) A baby bird
(d) A balloon
5. What color do the Minnies decide they'll use to decorate their trees?
(a) Red and Gold
(b) White and Gold
(c) Green and Beige
(d) Blue and Silver
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the final words George says to Ellen as he disappears up the stairway?
2. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
3. How old is Teresa?
4. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
5. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
2. What does Ellen expect she'll find with regard to her mother's physical condition and what does she actually find?
3. Describe the story about Ellen that appears in the Tribune.
4. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
5. What is Ellen's father's solution to her mother's need for nursing care and what is Ellen's suggestion?
6. What is Ellen's response when Dr. Cohn suggests that it's time to consider hospice or a hospital?
7. In the prologue, what does Ellen say is the truth about her mother's death?
8. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
9. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs as Kate and her guests try to decide on a color scheme for decorating the Christmas trees?
10. What is Jonathan's relationship with his mother?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)