|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
(a) The choices for dinner: take it or leave it
(b) Kiss the cook
(c) Chicken soup is good for you
(d) Never trust a skinny cook
2. What does Ellen have for dessert?
(b) Coffee cake
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities Ellen describes having with her mother?
(a) A trip to the beach
(b) Trips to movie theaters
(c) A trip to a museum
(d) Trips to restaurants
4. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
5. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
2. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
3. What does Ellen break just before preparing to leave?
4. What color do the Minnies decide they'll use to decorate their trees?
5. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
2. How does Ellen discover that her father is having an affair?
3. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
4. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
5. What are some of the noises Ellen hears while she's in jail?
6. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
7. Describe Ellen's brothers.
8. What are the reactions of Brian and Jeff to their mother's appearance when they come home for Thanksgiving?
9. How did Jonathan and his father come to live in Langhorne?
10. What questions does Ellen ask about the organization of the book club and what does Kate respond?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)