|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
(a) That she's obviously lost weight
(b) That she's obviously been ill
(c) That she's obviously been working out
(d) That she's obviously gained weight
2. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
(a) A second-hand shop downtown
(b) Riverside Park
(c) Parker's Cycle shop
(d) Roadside Wheelers
3. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
4. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) The Gulden Girls Book Club
(b) Our Reading Together Book Club
(c) Books Together
(d) The Book Club
5. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
2. What does Jonathan say when Ellen says she's going home to take care of her mother?
3. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
4. How many trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
5. What is the name of the newspaper in which the story of Ellen's arrest appears?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Kate's role in the early days of her marriage to George.
2. What is Jonathan's relationship with his mother?
3. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
4. What does Ellen expect she'll find with regard to her mother's physical condition and what does she actually find?
5. How does Ellen discover that her father is having an affair?
6. What are the reactions of Brian and Jeff to their mother's appearance when they come home for Thanksgiving?
7. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs when one of the women asks if George is taking time off.
8. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
9. What does Ellen say she believes her role was in her parents' marriage?
10. What does Ellen say tips her off to the fact that Jules has been talking to her mother and what does that say about the relationship between Jules and her mother?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)