|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
(a) No ladders or staple guns
(b) Nothing that requires that she drive
(c) Anything that doesn't require too much energy
(d) There are no limits
2. What does Kate say she left at City Hall on her wedding day?
(a) Her ring
(b) Her bouquet
(c) A library book
(d) A photo
3. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) The size isn't mentioned
(b) Their home is smaller
(c) Their home is larger
(d) Their home is about the same
4. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
(b) Rental car
5. What does Kate say she and Teresa were laughing about while Ellen was downstairs?
(a) A joke about Blueberry Hill
(b) A photo of Brian and Jeff
(c) A knock-knock joke about a banana
(d) A photo of Ellen as Little Bo Peep
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Ellen and Kate eat in the park?
2. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
3. What is Skip's real first name?
4. What is the store they enter where Ellen has trouble with the wheelchair?
5. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Ellen's brothers.
2. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs as Kate and her guests try to decide on a color scheme for decorating the Christmas trees?
3. What is Ellen's response when Dr. Cohn suggests that it's time to consider hospice or a hospital?
4. What questions does Ellen ask about the organization of the book club and what does Kate respond?
5. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
6. What is Ellen's reaction to Jonathan's news when he calls her?
7. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
8. What is Jonathan's relationship with his mother?
9. What does Ellen say about the way people greeted Ellen and Kate?
10. How does Ellen discover that her father is having an affair?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)