|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she can work from there
(b) He offers her a raise
(c) He says she's doing the right thing
(d) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
2. What is Kate's pet name for her husband?
3. What day does Jonathan unexpectedly drop in?
4. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
(a) Every week
(b) Every nine days
(c) Every three weeks
(d) Every five days
5. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
(a) A painting
(c) A pillow
(d) A menorah
Short Answer Questions
1. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
2. What did Jonathan's father do for a living in New York City?
3. Who was Dr. Belknap?
4. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
5. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs as Kate and her guests try to decide on a color scheme for decorating the Christmas trees?
2. What is Jonathan's relationship with his mother?
3. What does Ellen expect she'll find with regard to her mother's physical condition and what does she actually find?
4. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
5. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
6. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
7. Describe Ellen's brothers.
8. What does Ellen say about the way people greeted Ellen and Kate?
9. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
10. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
This section contains 748 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)