|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's condescending to women
(b) That she's racist
(c) That she's viscious against men
(d) That she's a poor writer
2. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) The entire family
(b) The three children
(c) Jeff and Brian
(d) Ellen's parents
3. What does Kate say Ellen would do as a child while she cooked?
(a) Stir flour and water together
(b) Plead for tastes
(d) Run away
4. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she's doing the right thing
(b) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
(c) He says she can work from there
(d) He offers her a raise
5. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
(a) Four days
(b) Four weeks
(c) She doesn't plan
(d) As long as her mother needs her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
2. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
3. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
4. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
5. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
2. What does Ellen say about the way people greeted Ellen and Kate?
3. How did Jonathan and his father come to live in Langhorne?
4. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs when one of the women asks if George is taking time off.
5. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
6. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
7. Describe the story about Ellen that appears in the Tribune.
8. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
9. What is the difference between the bedtime songs sang by Ellen's mother and those of her father, and what is their effect on Ellen?
10. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)