|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
(a) Tastee Freeze
(b) Dairy Diner
(c) Freeze Queen
(d) Dairy Queen
2. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
(a) She doesn't plan
(b) As long as her mother needs her
(c) Four days
(d) Four weeks
3. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
4. What kind of soup does Kate plan to make for her lunch party?
5. How much younger is Stevie than Kate?
(a) He's actually two years older
(b) Four years
(c) Two years
(d) Twelve years
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
2. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
3. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
4. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
5. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between the bedtime songs sang by Ellen's mother and those of her father, and what is their effect on Ellen?
2. What are the reactions of Brian and Jeff to their mother's appearance when they come home for Thanksgiving?
3. What questions does Ellen ask about the organization of the book club and what does Kate respond?
4. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs as Kate and her guests try to decide on a color scheme for decorating the Christmas trees?
5. What is Jules' advice about Ellen's decision to stay with her mother?
6. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
7. Describe the story about Ellen that appears in the Tribune.
8. What are Ellen's thoughts when she goes into her mother's room and sees that she's so emaciated.
9. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
10. Describe Ellen's brothers.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)