|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Ellen's room?
(a) Cream and maroon
2. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly
(b) Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
(c) Tom and Jerry
3. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She thinks he's very caring
(b) She doesn't like him
(c) She likes him
(d) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
4. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
(a) Every three weeks
(b) Every week
(c) Every five days
(d) Every nine days
5. How many trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say she and Teresa were laughing about while Ellen was downstairs?
2. What breaks the silence after the waiter takes their order?
3. What does Kate need that George had not been able to find during the night?
4. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
5. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the prologue, what does Ellen say is the truth about her mother's death?
2. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
3. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
4. What does Ellen expect she'll find with regard to her mother's physical condition and what does she actually find?
5. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
6. What is Ellen's response when Dr. Cohn suggests that it's time to consider hospice or a hospital?
7. Describe the story about Ellen that appears in the Tribune.
8. What does Ellen say tips her off to the fact that Jules has been talking to her mother and what does that say about the relationship between Jules and her mother?
9. Describe Kate's role in the early days of her marriage to George.
10. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)