|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She says it's bound to be tedious
(b) She predicts they won't finish the books
(c) She says it's a bad idea
(d) She says Ellen was very smart
2. How many trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
3. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) The size isn't mentioned
(b) Their home is smaller
(c) Their home is larger
(d) Their home is about the same
4. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
5. What does Ellen say is the effect of her father's affair on her parents' marriage?
(a) They have to see a counselor
(c) They learn to respect each other
(d) They find renewed romance
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
2. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
3. What does Ellen compare to the hospital?
4. What color is Ellen's room?
5. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
Short Essay Questions
1. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
2. What is Ellen's father's solution to her mother's need for nursing care and what is Ellen's suggestion?
3. What does Ellen say when Jeff asks if hallucinations are a side-effect of Kate's medication?
4. Describe the meeting between Ellen and George.
5. What does Mrs. Forburg say about why teaching is important to her and what does she say about understanding Ellen's challenges as a student?
6. Why doesn't Ellen tell George that she didn't give Kate the fatal dose of morphine?
7. What happens to the relationship between Brian and Ellen after Kate's death and why?
8. What is Ellen doing that causes the newspaper stories to say that Ellen was "fleeing?"
9. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
10. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)