|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) When Ellen went to her first school dance
(b) They never did
(c) When Ellen was eleven
(d) When Elen was thirteen
2. What do Ellen and Kate eat in the park?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly
3. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
(a) Steak and potatoes
(b) Mushrooms and ground beef
(c) Sushi and rice
(d) Sandwich and a pickle
4. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A hardware store
(b) A fabric store
(c) An antique store
(d) A furniture store
5. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At the dry cleaners
(b) At church
(c) At a college function
(d) At the library
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
2. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
3. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
4. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
5. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jules' advice about Ellen's decision to stay with her mother?
2. What is Ellen's father's solution to her mother's need for nursing care and what is Ellen's suggestion?
3. What are the reactions of Brian and Jeff to their mother's appearance when they come home for Thanksgiving?
4. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
5. Why does Kate say she prefers to do things from scratch rather than buying them, such as buying canned chicken broth? What is Ellen's response?
6. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
7. What is Kate's initial reaction when she discovers that Ellen is home to stay?
8. Describe Kate's role in the early days of her marriage to George.
9. Describe Ellen's brothers.
10. What does Ellen say tips her off to the fact that Jules has been talking to her mother and what does that say about the relationship between Jules and her mother?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)