|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's racist
(b) That she's viscious against men
(c) That she's a poor writer
(d) That she's condescending to women
2. What color do the Minnies decide they'll use to decorate their trees?
(a) White and Gold
(b) Red and Gold
(c) Green and Beige
(d) Blue and Silver
3. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
4. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
5. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
(a) Every nine days
(b) Every three weeks
(c) Every week
(d) Every five days
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
2. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
3. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
4. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
5. What is Ellen's job in New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Kate's initial reaction when she discovers that Ellen is home to stay?
2. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs as Kate and her guests try to decide on a color scheme for decorating the Christmas trees?
3. What is Ellen's response when Dr. Cohn suggests that it's time to consider hospice or a hospital?
4. What is Kate's reaction when she first sees the wheelchair?
5. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
6. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
7. What does Ellen say about the way people greeted Ellen and Kate?
8. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
9. What does Ellen say she believes her role was in her parents' marriage?
10. What does Ellen say tips her off to the fact that Jules has been talking to her mother and what does that say about the relationship between Jules and her mother?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)