Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
2. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(b) Ellen's forward questions
(c) The telephone
(d) She feared starting the conversation
3. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She doesn't like him
(b) She thinks he's very caring
(c) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(d) She likes him
4. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Camry
(b) A Silverado
(c) A Jeep
(d) A Toyota
5. What does Ellen have for dessert?
(d) Coffee cake
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Ellen goes with her brothers and Jonathan?
2. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
3. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
4. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
5. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Ellen expect she'll find with regard to her mother's physical condition and what does she actually find?
2. What happens to the relationship between Brian and Ellen after Kate's death and why?
3. What is Jules' advice about Ellen's decision to stay with her mother?
4. What does Ellen do when she and Jeff go to the cemetery?
5. What is the difference between the bedtime songs sang by Ellen's mother and those of her father, and what is their effect on Ellen?
6. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
7. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
8. What does Ellen say to Mrs. Duane when she says that she's been meaning to visit Kate?
9. What is Ellen's response when Dr. Cohn suggests that it's time to consider hospice or a hospital?
10. Describe Kate's role in the early days of her marriage to George.
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)