|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Teresa?
2. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
(a) Because of the cancer
(b) Because of the restrictive diet
(c) Because of the platinum in the chemotherapy
(d) Because of the anti-depressants
3. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) The size isn't mentioned
(b) Their home is larger
(c) Their home is about the same
(d) Their home is smaller
4. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
(a) A pillow
(b) A balloon
(c) A baby bird
(d) An ironing board
5. What does Kate say she's done to cause her back to hurt?
(a) Developed a kidney stone
(b) Thrown out a disc
(c) Bruised it
(d) She says the cancer is causing the pain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
2. What does Jonathan say when Ellen says she's going home to take care of her mother?
3. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
4. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
5. What does Ellen say her mother does the day after their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Ellen's reaction when Jeff makes fun of her for baking cookies and why does she react this way?
2. What changes on the day when Kate calls for Ellen to help her out of the tub?
3. What does Ellen expect she'll find with regard to her mother's physical condition and what does she actually find?
4. What does Ellen say about the way people greeted Ellen and Kate?
5. What is Ellen's father's solution to her mother's need for nursing care and what is Ellen's suggestion?
6. Why doesn't Ellen tell George that she didn't give Kate the fatal dose of morphine?
7. List at least three details Ellen recalls about the hospital where her mother was given chemotherapy.
8. Describe the story about Ellen that appears in the Tribune.
9. Describe the conversation between Teresa and Ellen after the grand jury declines to indict Ellen.
10. What are some of the noises Ellen hears while she's in jail?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)