|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) The entire family
(b) Jeff and Brian
(c) Ellen's parents
(d) The three children
2. What do Ellen and Kate eat in the park?
(c) Peanut butter and jelly
3. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
(a) Every week
(b) Every three weeks
(c) Every five days
(d) Every nine days
4. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
5. Which of the following is not one of the activities Ellen describes having with her mother?
(a) Trips to restaurants
(b) Trips to movie theaters
(c) A trip to the beach
(d) A trip to a museum
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Skip's real first name?
2. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
3. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
4. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
5. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Jon's role in Ellen's arrest?
2. What is Ellen's father's solution to her mother's need for nursing care and what is Ellen's suggestion?
3. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
4. What does Teresa say about Kate's bathing?
5. What is the new arrangement Dr. Cohn says she's going to make for Kate and what is Ellen's reaction?
6. What are some of the noises Ellen hears while she's in jail?
7. Describe the meeting between Ellen and George.
8. Briefly describe the conversation that occurs as Kate and her guests try to decide on a color scheme for decorating the Christmas trees?
9. Describe the conversation between Teresa and Ellen after the grand jury declines to indict Ellen.
10. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)