|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
2. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
(a) Freezer bags and sugar
(b) Break and trash bags
(c) Toilet bowl cleaner and milk
(d) Coffee and eggs
3. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
(c) Blue Spruce
4. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Camry
(b) A Jeep
(c) A Silverado
(d) A Toyota
5. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
2. What color is Ellen's room?
3. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
4. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
5. What does Kate say Ellen would do as a child while she cooked?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the conversation Ellen and Kate have when Hally gives Kate the photo of her newborn baby?
2. What does George say when Ellen accuses him of doing nothing to help with Kate?
3. In the prologue, what does Ellen say is the truth about her mother's death?
4. What does Ellen say about putting the futon into her mother's home?
5. What does Ellen say she believes her role was in her parents' marriage?
6. Describe some of the reactions to Ellen's arrest.
7. Who is Chris and what happens between Chris and Ellen?
8. What is the memory Ellen has about a tree lighting event the first year her mother was one of the Minnies?
9. What does Ellen say tips her off to the fact that Jules has been talking to her mother and what does that say about the relationship between Jules and her mother?
10. What is the "secret ingredient" Ellen adds to the chicken stock and what does her mother say about it?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)