|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
(b) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
(c) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(d) Because they always misbehave
2. Why does Ellen say she didn't call her father after her mother's death?
(a) She didn't realize Kate was dead
(b) She didn't want to let go of Kate's hand
(c) She'd wanted time to make coffee first
(d) She was angry at her father
3. What kind of creature does Ellen find in the trash one night?
(a) A raccoon
(b) An oppossum
(c) A cat
(d) A dog
4. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
(a) Just Up the Road
(b) Window of the World
(c) Camp of Childhood
(d) Camp Dream
5. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
(a) At the church
(b) At the Duane's
(c) At a local restaurant
(d) At George and Kate's home
6. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
(b) To hell with Easter
(c) I can't wait
(d) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
7. What was the sampler on the wall of the Gulden dining room?
(a) A still life of wine and fruit
(b) A field of sunflowers
(c) A family tree
(d) The scene from the Last Supper
8. How often does Teresa say she goes back to the city?
(a) Almost every weekend
(b) About once a month
(c) Only for holidays
9. How much does Jeff give him initially to defend Ellen?
10. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
(a) A black dress
(b) The suit she'd worn to her mother's funeral
(c) A black skirt and white blouse
(d) A grey business suit
11. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
(a) The Center for the Right to Die
(b) The Doctors for Dignified Endings
(c) The Humane Euthansia group
(d) The Death with Dignity organization
12. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
(a) Five months
(b) Eight weeks
(c) Eight months
(d) Two weeks
13. How long does Ellen say it is before she sees her father again?
(a) Eight years with only one exception
(b) Four years, three months and six days
(c) Three months
(d) Eighteen months except on holidays
14. What is Ellen's answer when the prosecutor asks if she killed Kate?
(a) She says she didn't but that she knows who did
(b) She says she did it
(c) She says she couldn't do it
(d) She says that she didn't but believes her father did
15. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Chris's hand?
2. Why does Ellen say she'd decided to protect her father?
3. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
4. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
5. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
This section contains 586 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)