|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) The Minnies and the neighbors
(b) A few of Kate's closest friends
(c) No one but the delivery man
(d) Only family
2. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
(b) Red and white
(d) Red and blue
3. Why does Jules quit her job?
(a) She wants to move closer to Ellen
(b) She finds a position with a great deal more money
(c) Her boss demands she write an account of her friendship with Ellen
(d) She decides she wants to be a nurse
4. What does Teresa say happened to her mother?
(a) She was hit by a cab
(b) She had cancer but it is in remission
(c) She died of cancer
(d) She died in childbirth
5. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
(a) To avoid the reporter and photographer
(b) He's trying to make Ellen laugh
(c) The carport is nearer the back door and it's raining
(d) Police are watching the front
6. What color are the curtains in Mrs. Forburg's kitchen?
7. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) The street
(b) The back yard
(c) There isn't a view
(d) The driveway and the house next door
8. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
(b) Dr. Cohen
(c) The police
9. What does the Mayor say by way of a holiday greeting?
(a) Ho, ho, ho
(b) Happy holidays
(c) Glad tidings to you all
(d) Merry Christmas
10. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
(a) A large-print edition
(b) An audio book
(c) A different book
(d) A magnifying glass
11. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
(b) Snakes and spiders
(c) Babies and thunderstorms
(d) Being buried alive
12. What is the pattern on the curtains in the living room?
13. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) Looking for her father
(c) In bed
(d) In the room with her mother
14. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
(a) At a Greek diner
(b) At Mrs. Forburg's house
(c) At Jeff's apartment
(d) At their parent's house
15. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
Short Answer Questions
1. How often does Teresa come after Christmas?
2. How long does Ellen say it is before she sees her father again?
3. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
4. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
5. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)