|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
(a) A Christmas tree
2. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
(a) Go Fish
3. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
4. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(a) Cigar smoke
5. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
6. What does Teresa say happened to her mother?
(a) She died in childbirth
(b) She died of cancer
(c) She had cancer but it is in remission
(d) She was hit by a cab
7. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A rotten peach
(b) A flabby fat person
(c) A baby's
(d) A fence post
8. Who is the attorney who defends Ellen for the majority of the trial?
(a) Johnathan Jester
(b) Jeffery Green
(c) Robert Greenstein
(d) Barry Smith
9. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
(b) The police
(d) Dr. Cohen
10. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
(a) A note with a phone number
(b) A note to George
(c) A sign up sheet for conferences
(d) An envelope with Ellen's name
11. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
12. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) The Minnies and the neighbors
(b) Only family
(c) A few of Kate's closest friends
(d) No one but the delivery man
13. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Formburg
(b) Mrs. Best
(c) Mrs. Duane
(d) Mrs. Davis
14. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
(a) She was a member of the jury
(b) She was the judge
(c) She was the prosecutor
(d) She was the defendant
15. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
(a) To avoid the reporter and photographer
(b) He's trying to make Ellen laugh
(c) The carport is nearer the back door and it's raining
(d) Police are watching the front
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
2. What kind of sandwich does Ellen eat after the trees are decorated?
3. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
4. What does Kate need when she calls for Ellen on pages 162?
5. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)