|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
(a) She was the judge
(b) She was the prosecutor
(c) She was a member of the jury
(d) She was the defendant
2. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
(a) A sign up sheet for conferences
(b) A note to George
(c) An envelope with Ellen's name
(d) A note with a phone number
3. What does the little girl named Hettie say to Kate?
(a) She likes how the wheels are decorated
(b) She's sorry Kate is sick
(c) She likes Kate's tree
(d) She wants to come visit
4. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because they always misbehave
(b) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(c) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
(d) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
5. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(c) Cigar smoke
6. What does Kate eat on the last afternoon of her life?
(b) A scrambled egg
(c) Tomato soup
(d) Mashed potatoes
7. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Best
(b) Mrs. Formburg
(c) Mrs. Davis
(d) Mrs. Duane
8. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
(a) A bracelet
(b) A book
(d) A scarf
9. What does Teresa say about the condition of the woman with breast cancer about the same time that the woman with pancreatic cancer dies?
(a) She died
(b) She's denying that there's anything wrong
(c) She's in remission
(d) She's in a great deal of pain
10. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
11. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
(a) That she is afraid Ellen will commit suicide
(b) That she has lied to police and is about to be arrested
(c) That she helped Ellen kill Kate
(d) That she's a lesbian
12. When does Halley say her baby is due?
(a) A week earlier
(b) A month and a half
(c) A week from Friday
(d) Six weeks
13. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
(a) The Death with Dignity organization
(b) The Doctors for Dignified Endings
(c) The Center for the Right to Die
(d) The Humane Euthansia group
14. What movie does Ellen watch the evening she's home alone?
(a) True Lies
(b) American Pie
(c) Home Alone II
(d) All About Eve
15. What does Ellen say about her mother's loss of vision?
(a) That she thinks her mother is just too tired to go on
(b) That it's a product of too much time spent reading
(c) That it's the result of medication
(d) That it's the result of the cancer
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
2. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
3. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
4. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
5. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)