|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellen's answer when the prosecutor asks if she killed Kate?
(a) She says she didn't but that she knows who did
(b) She says she couldn't do it
(c) She says she did it
(d) She says that she didn't but believes her father did
2. How long does Ellen say it is before she sees her father again?
(a) Eighteen months except on holidays
(b) Eight years with only one exception
(c) Three months
(d) Four years, three months and six days
3. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
(a) Being buried alive
(c) Snakes and spiders
(d) Babies and thunderstorms
4. What color are Ms. Duane's eyes?
(b) The book doesn't say
5. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(c) Cigar smoke
6. Why does Jules quit her job?
(a) She decides she wants to be a nurse
(b) Her boss demands she write an account of her friendship with Ellen
(c) She finds a position with a great deal more money
(d) She wants to move closer to Ellen
7. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
(a) Camp Dream
(b) Camp of Childhood
(c) Just Up the Road
(d) Window of the World
8. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because it would upset her mother
(b) Because she'd kill him
(c) Because she can't afford to
(d) Because he's suffering as well
9. What happened to Chris's hand?
(a) He cut it with a farming implement
(b) He cut it with a chain saw
(c) His father cut it when he was a child
(d) He got it caught in a printing press
10. Why does Ellen say she didn't call her father after her mother's death?
(a) She didn't want to let go of Kate's hand
(b) She was angry at her father
(c) She'd wanted time to make coffee first
(d) She didn't realize Kate was dead
11. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
(d) A Christmas tree
12. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
(a) The building of a new apartment complex
(b) The razing of a park
(c) The closing of a college campus
(d) The installation of a new water system
13. What does Ellen say about her mother's loss of vision?
(a) That she thinks her mother is just too tired to go on
(b) That it's the result of the cancer
(c) That it's a product of too much time spent reading
(d) That it's the result of medication
14. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
15. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
(a) A plane ticket
(b) A nightgown
(c) A movie
(d) A datebook
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen say she'd decided to protect her father?
2. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
3. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
4. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
5. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)