|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of creature does Ellen find in the trash one night?
(a) A dog
(b) A cat
(c) An oppossum
(d) A raccoon
2. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) A rose
(b) A cross
(c) An angel
(d) A profile of a child
3. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Eighteen years
(b) Two years
(c) Twelve years
(d) Eight years
4. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
(a) A black skirt and white blouse
(b) A grey business suit
(c) The suit she'd worn to her mother's funeral
(d) A black dress
5. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
6. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
(a) A nightgown
(b) A plane ticket
(c) A datebook
(d) A movie
7. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because he's suffering as well
(b) Because it would upset her mother
(c) Because she'd kill him
(d) Because she can't afford to
8. How often does Teresa say she goes back to the city?
(a) About once a month
(c) Almost every weekend
(d) Only for holidays
9. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Duane
(b) Mrs. Formburg
(c) Mrs. Davis
(d) Mrs. Best
10. What does Kate need when she calls for Ellen on pages 162?
(a) More medicine
(b) Help reading a phone number
(c) Help getting out of the tub
11. What does Teresa say about the condition of the woman with breast cancer about the same time that the woman with pancreatic cancer dies?
(a) She's denying that there's anything wrong
(b) She's in remission
(c) She's in a great deal of pain
(d) She died
12. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) The Minnies and the neighbors
(b) Only family
(c) No one but the delivery man
(d) A few of Kate's closest friends
13. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
(c) Go Fish
14. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
(a) A different book
(b) An audio book
(c) A magnifying glass
(d) A large-print edition
15. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
(b) Red and blue
(d) Red and white
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
2. What does Kate say her body looks like?
3. What does the Mayor say by way of a holiday greeting?
4. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
5. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)