|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen spend the night after Kate asks Ellen to help end her suffering?
(a) In her room
(b) In a chair in the den
(c) In jail
(d) On the bed beside her mother
2. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(b) Because they always misbehave
(c) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
(d) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
3. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
(a) That she has lied to police and is about to be arrested
(b) That she helped Ellen kill Kate
(c) That she is afraid Ellen will commit suicide
(d) That she's a lesbian
4. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) There isn't a view
(b) The street
(c) The driveway and the house next door
(d) The back yard
5. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
(a) The police
(d) Dr. Cohen
6. What color are Ms. Duane's eyes?
(c) The book doesn't say
7. What is the pattern on the curtains in the living room?
8. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(d) Cigar smoke
9. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A fence post
(b) A rotten peach
(c) A baby's
(d) A flabby fat person
10. What is the craft project Ellen is working on?
(a) A sunflower pillow
(b) A Southern lady pillowcase
(c) A landscape tapestry
(d) A teapot dishtowel
11. How often does Teresa say she goes back to the city?
(a) About once a month
(b) Almost every weekend
(d) Only for holidays
12. What kind of creature does Ellen find in the trash one night?
(a) A cat
(b) A dog
(c) A raccoon
(d) An oppossum
13. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
(a) Camp of Childhood
(b) Window of the World
(c) Just Up the Road
(d) Camp Dream
14. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
(c) A Christmas tree
15. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
(a) The Doctors for Dignified Endings
(b) The Humane Euthansia group
(c) The Center for the Right to Die
(d) The Death with Dignity organization
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
2. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
3. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
4. What happened to Chris's hand?
5. What color are the curtains in Mrs. Forburg's kitchen?
This section contains 480 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)