|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because he's suffering as well
(b) Because it would upset her mother
(c) Because she can't afford to
(d) Because she'd kill him
2. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because they always misbehave
(b) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(c) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
(d) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
3. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
4. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
5. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
(a) A plane ticket
(b) A movie
(c) A datebook
(d) A nightgown
6. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Two years
(b) Eight years
(c) Twelve years
(d) Eighteen years
7. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
(a) The razing of a park
(b) The closing of a college campus
(c) The installation of a new water system
(d) The building of a new apartment complex
8. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Duane
(b) Mrs. Best
(c) Mrs. Davis
(d) Mrs. Formburg
9. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
(a) At their parent's house
(b) At Jeff's apartment
(c) At a Greek diner
(d) At Mrs. Forburg's house
10. What does the little girl named Hettie say to Kate?
(a) She's sorry Kate is sick
(b) She likes Kate's tree
(c) She likes how the wheels are decorated
(d) She wants to come visit
11. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) A rose
(b) An angel
(c) A cross
(d) A profile of a child
12. Where does Ellen spend the night after Kate asks Ellen to help end her suffering?
(a) On the bed beside her mother
(b) In jail
(c) In her room
(d) In a chair in the den
13. Why does Ellen say she'd decided to protect her father?
(a) She believes he couldn't withstand a trial
(b) She believes he had been unable to bear Kate's suffering
(c) She loves him
(d) She doesn't believe he really killed Kate
14. When does Halley say her baby is due?
(a) A week earlier
(b) A week from Friday
(c) A month and a half
(d) Six weeks
15. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
(a) Miracle on 34th Street
(b) A Christmas Carol
(c) White Christmas
(d) It's a Wonderful Life
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
2. How much does Jeff give him initially to defend Ellen?
3. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
4. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
5. Why does Ellen say she didn't call her father after her mother's death?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)