|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the game Grandmother Gulden teaches Ellen when she's a child?
(b) Go Fish
2. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
(a) A book
(b) A scarf
(c) A bracelet
3. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
(a) Red and white
(d) Red and blue
4. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Eighteen years
(c) Two years
(d) Eight years
5. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
(a) A different book
(b) A large-print edition
(c) A magnifying glass
(d) An audio book
6. What does Ellen say about her mother's loss of vision?
(a) That it's the result of medication
(b) That it's a product of too much time spent reading
(c) That it's the result of the cancer
(d) That she thinks her mother is just too tired to go on
7. How long does Ellen say it is before she sees her father again?
(a) Three months
(b) Eighteen months except on holidays
(c) Four years, three months and six days
(d) Eight years with only one exception
8. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
9. Why does Ellen say she buys flowers?
(a) Because it makes Ellen feel productive
(b) Because it pleases Kate
(c) Because Kate would have done it if she were able
(d) Because George feels it's necessary
10. Who is the attorney who defends Ellen for the majority of the trial?
(a) Jeffery Green
(b) Barry Smith
(c) Robert Greenstein
(d) Johnathan Jester
11. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A fence post
(b) A baby's
(c) A flabby fat person
(d) A rotten peach
12. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
(a) In the room with her mother
(b) Looking for her father
(c) In bed
(d) In the kitchen
13. What kind of earrings is Teresa wearing?
(a) Pink bows
(b) Turqoise dangles
(c) Gold hoops
(d) Silver studs
14. What kind of creature does Ellen find in the trash one night?
(a) An oppossum
(b) A dog
(c) A raccoon
(d) A cat
15. What does the Mayor say by way of a holiday greeting?
(a) Happy holidays
(b) Glad tidings to you all
(c) Merry Christmas
(d) Ho, ho, ho
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen say she didn't call her father after her mother's death?
2. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
3. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
4. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
5. What kind of sandwich does Ellen eat after the trees are decorated?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)