|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
(a) A note to George
(b) An envelope with Ellen's name
(c) A sign up sheet for conferences
(d) A note with a phone number
2. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
(a) The installation of a new water system
(b) The razing of a park
(c) The building of a new apartment complex
(d) The closing of a college campus
3. Why does Ellen say she'd decided to protect her father?
(a) She believes he had been unable to bear Kate's suffering
(b) She believes he couldn't withstand a trial
(c) She doesn't believe he really killed Kate
(d) She loves him
4. How long does Ellen say it is before she sees her father again?
(a) Three months
(b) Four years, three months and six days
(c) Eight years with only one exception
(d) Eighteen months except on holidays
5. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
(a) That she helped Ellen kill Kate
(b) That she's a lesbian
(c) That she has lied to police and is about to be arrested
(d) That she is afraid Ellen will commit suicide
6. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) A cross
(b) A rose
(c) An angel
(d) A profile of a child
7. What does Kate need when she calls for Ellen on pages 162?
(a) More medicine
(c) Help getting out of the tub
(d) Help reading a phone number
8. How often does Teresa come after Christmas?
(a) Three times weekly
(c) Four times weekly
(d) Twice weekly
9. What color are the curtains in Mrs. Forburg's kitchen?
10. Where does Ellen spend the night after Kate asks Ellen to help end her suffering?
(a) On the bed beside her mother
(b) In a chair in the den
(c) In jail
(d) In her room
11. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
(b) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
(c) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(d) Because they always misbehave
12. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
13. Why does Ellen say she buys flowers?
(a) Because it pleases Kate
(b) Because it makes Ellen feel productive
(c) Because Kate would have done it if she were able
(d) Because George feels it's necessary
14. What is the name of the Camp Teresa visited as a child?
(a) Camp Dream
(b) Camp of Childhood
(c) Window of the World
(d) Just Up the Road
15. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) I can't wait
(b) To hell with Easter
(c) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
(d) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
Short Answer Questions
1. What color are Ms. Duane's eyes?
2. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
3. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
4. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
5. What kind of earrings is Teresa wearing?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)