|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Best
(b) Mrs. Formburg
(c) Mrs. Duane
(d) Mrs. Davis
2. How often does Teresa say she goes back to the city?
(b) About once a month
(c) Only for holidays
(d) Almost every weekend
3. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
4. What does Kate need when she calls for Ellen on pages 162?
(a) Help reading a phone number
(b) Help getting out of the tub
(d) More medicine
5. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) A cross
(b) An angel
(c) A rose
(d) A profile of a child
6. What color are Ms. Duane's eyes?
(d) The book doesn't say
7. What is the craft project Ellen is working on?
(a) A Southern lady pillowcase
(b) A sunflower pillow
(c) A teapot dishtowel
(d) A landscape tapestry
8. How long does Ellen say it is before she sees her father again?
(a) Eight years with only one exception
(b) Eighteen months except on holidays
(c) Four years, three months and six days
(d) Three months
9. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
(a) The razing of a park
(b) The closing of a college campus
(c) The building of a new apartment complex
(d) The installation of a new water system
10. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Two years
(c) Eighteen years
(d) Eight years
11. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
(a) Two hours
(b) Almost four hours
(c) Almost three hours
(d) Just more than an hour
12. Why does Ellen say she buys flowers?
(a) Because it makes Ellen feel productive
(b) Because Kate would have done it if she were able
(c) Because it pleases Kate
(d) Because George feels it's necessary
13. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
(a) A note to George
(b) A note with a phone number
(c) A sign up sheet for conferences
(d) An envelope with Ellen's name
14. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A baby's
(b) A rotten peach
(c) A fence post
(d) A flabby fat person
15. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because she'd kill him
(b) Because she can't afford to
(c) Because it would upset her mother
(d) Because he's suffering as well
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
2. How often does Teresa come after Christmas?
3. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
4. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
5. When does Halley say her baby is due?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)