|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the craft project Ellen is working on?
(a) A teapot dishtowel
(b) A Southern lady pillowcase
(c) A sunflower pillow
(d) A landscape tapestry
2. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because they always misbehave
(b) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
(c) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(d) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
3. How often does Teresa come after Christmas?
(b) Four times weekly
(c) Twice weekly
(d) Three times weekly
4. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
5. What does Teresa say about the condition of the woman with breast cancer about the same time that the woman with pancreatic cancer dies?
(a) She's in remission
(b) She died
(c) She's denying that there's anything wrong
(d) She's in a great deal of pain
6. What kind of creature does Ellen find in the trash one night?
(a) A raccoon
(b) An oppossum
(c) A dog
(d) A cat
7. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A rotten peach
(b) A fence post
(c) A baby's
(d) A flabby fat person
8. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
9. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
10. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
(a) Police are watching the front
(b) To avoid the reporter and photographer
(c) He's trying to make Ellen laugh
(d) The carport is nearer the back door and it's raining
11. What happened to Chris's hand?
(a) He got it caught in a printing press
(b) His father cut it when he was a child
(c) He cut it with a chain saw
(d) He cut it with a farming implement
12. What does Kate eat on the last afternoon of her life?
(a) Mashed potatoes
(b) A scrambled egg
(d) Tomato soup
13. What was the sampler on the wall of the Gulden dining room?
(a) A field of sunflowers
(b) A family tree
(c) A still life of wine and fruit
(d) The scene from the Last Supper
14. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
(a) Almost four hours
(b) Two hours
(c) Just more than an hour
(d) Almost three hours
15. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
(a) The Death with Dignity organization
(b) The Humane Euthansia group
(c) The Doctors for Dignified Endings
(d) The Center for the Right to Die
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
2. What is on the shirt Kate wears to the Christmas tree lighting ceremony?
3. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
4. What is Ellen's answer when the prosecutor asks if she killed Kate?
5. When does Halley say her baby is due?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)