|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
(a) Miracle on 34th Street
(b) A Christmas Carol
(c) It's a Wonderful Life
(d) White Christmas
2. What does the Mayor say by way of a holiday greeting?
(a) Glad tidings to you all
(b) Merry Christmas
(c) Ho, ho, ho
(d) Happy holidays
3. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
4. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Eight months
(c) Five months
(d) Eight weeks
5. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
(a) Being generous
(b) Being gaudy
(c) Being conservative
(d) Being glittery
6. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
(a) In the kitchen
(b) In bed
(c) In the room with her mother
(d) Looking for her father
7. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
(a) An audio book
(b) A magnifying glass
(c) A large-print edition
(d) A different book
8. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) A profile of a child
(b) A rose
(c) A cross
(d) An angel
9. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because it would upset her mother
(b) Because she can't afford to
(c) Because she'd kill him
(d) Because he's suffering as well
10. What kind of sandwich does Ellen eat after the trees are decorated?
(a) Egg salad
(b) Ham and cheese
(c) Peanut butter and jelly
(d) Roast beef
11. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
12. Who is the attorney who defends Ellen for the majority of the trial?
(a) Jeffery Green
(b) Johnathan Jester
(c) Robert Greenstein
(d) Barry Smith
13. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
(a) She wants to talk with the time she has left
(b) The books depress her
(c) She's losing her eyesight
(d) She's tired of the books
14. What does Teresa say happened to her mother?
(a) She had cancer but it is in remission
(b) She died of cancer
(c) She was hit by a cab
(d) She died in childbirth
15. What does the little girl named Hettie say to Kate?
(a) She likes how the wheels are decorated
(b) She likes Kate's tree
(c) She's sorry Kate is sick
(d) She wants to come visit
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Chris's hand?
2. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
3. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
4. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
5. What does Ellen say about her mother's loss of vision?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)