|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
(a) Being glittery
(b) Being conservative
(c) Being gaudy
(d) Being generous
2. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because she'd kill him
(b) Because it would upset her mother
(c) Because she can't afford to
(d) Because he's suffering as well
3. Why does Jules quit her job?
(a) She wants to move closer to Ellen
(b) Her boss demands she write an account of her friendship with Ellen
(c) She finds a position with a great deal more money
(d) She decides she wants to be a nurse
4. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) The street
(b) There isn't a view
(c) The driveway and the house next door
(d) The back yard
5. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
(a) Mrs. Duane
(b) Mrs. Formburg
(c) Mrs. Best
(d) Mrs. Davis
6. How much does Jeff give him initially to defend Ellen?
7. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
(a) The suit she'd worn to her mother's funeral
(b) A black dress
(c) A black skirt and white blouse
(d) A grey business suit
8. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
9. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) Only family
(b) A few of Kate's closest friends
(c) No one but the delivery man
(d) The Minnies and the neighbors
10. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
(a) Because they always misbehave
(b) Because there aren't any little girls in the family
(c) Because Ellen should now have a large wedding
(d) Because having no flowers is a family tradition
11. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
(b) Red and blue
(c) Red and white
12. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) To hell with Easter
(b) I can't wait
(c) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
(d) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
13. What kind of creature does Ellen find in the trash one night?
(a) A dog
(b) A cat
(c) A raccoon
(d) An oppossum
14. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A rotten peach
(b) A flabby fat person
(c) A fence post
(d) A baby's
15. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
(a) That she's a lesbian
(b) That she is afraid Ellen will commit suicide
(c) That she helped Ellen kill Kate
(d) That she has lied to police and is about to be arrested
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
2. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
3. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
4. How long does it take to decorate their tree?
5. Why does Ellen say she didn't call her father after her mother's death?
This section contains 506 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)