|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(b) Cigar smoke
2. Where is Ellen when Kate dies?
(a) Looking for her father
(b) In bed
(c) In the kitchen
(d) In the room with her mother
3. Why does Jules quit her job?
(a) Her boss demands she write an account of her friendship with Ellen
(b) She wants to move closer to Ellen
(c) She finds a position with a great deal more money
(d) She decides she wants to be a nurse
4. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Eight months
(c) Eight weeks
(d) Five months
5. What kind of sandwich does Ellen eat after the trees are decorated?
(a) Ham and cheese
(b) Peanut butter and jelly
(c) Egg salad
(d) Roast beef
6. Why does Ellen say she can't be angry with George?
(a) Because she can't afford to
(b) Because she'd kill him
(c) Because he's suffering as well
(d) Because it would upset her mother
7. Where does Ellen meet Jeff after she's released from Jail?
(a) At Mrs. Forburg's house
(b) At Jeff's apartment
(c) At a Greek diner
(d) At their parent's house
8. What color are the curtains in Mrs. Forburg's kitchen?
9. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Eight years
(b) Two years
(c) Eighteen years
(d) Twelve years
10. What does Jonathan send to Ellen for Christmas?
(a) A datebook
(b) A movie
(c) A nightgown
(d) A plane ticket
11. What happened to Chris's hand?
(a) His father cut it when he was a child
(b) He got it caught in a printing press
(c) He cut it with a farming implement
(d) He cut it with a chain saw
12. Who is the attorney who defends Ellen for the majority of the trial?
(a) Jeffery Green
(b) Johnathan Jester
(c) Robert Greenstein
(d) Barry Smith
13. What is the craft project Ellen is working on?
(a) A teapot dishtowel
(b) A Southern lady pillowcase
(c) A landscape tapestry
(d) A sunflower pillow
14. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) A cross
(b) An angel
(c) A rose
(d) A profile of a child
15. What does Teresa say happened to her mother?
(a) She died in childbirth
(b) She was hit by a cab
(c) She died of cancer
(d) She had cancer but it is in remission
Short Answer Questions
1. What is George feeding Kate when Ellen stops by the den that night?
2. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
3. Why does Kate say Ellen should not have a flower girl at her wedding?
4. What does Ellen find taped to the door of her father's office?
5. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)