|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
2. Why does Jeff enter the back door of Mrs. Forburg's house?
(a) The carport is nearer the back door and it's raining
(b) Police are watching the front
(c) He's trying to make Ellen laugh
(d) To avoid the reporter and photographer
3. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
(a) She's losing her eyesight
(b) The books depress her
(c) She's tired of the books
(d) She wants to talk with the time she has left
4. What kind of coat does Kate wear when she and George go out for dinner and music?
5. What is the group that offers to pay for Ellen's legal expenses?
(a) The Humane Euthansia group
(b) The Doctors for Dignified Endings
(c) The Center for the Right to Die
(d) The Death with Dignity organization
6. Why does Kate say she read the books she and Ellen read as a "book club?"
(a) They were George's idea
(b) She had never read them
(c) She wanted a chance to learn about literature
(d) She wanted to read them with Ellen
7. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
(a) Twelve years
(b) Eighteen years
(c) Two years
(d) Eight years
8. How much does Jeff give him initially to defend Ellen?
9. What movie does Ellen watch the evening she's home alone?
(a) Home Alone II
(b) True Lies
(c) All About Eve
(d) American Pie
10. Why does Jules quit her job?
(a) Her boss demands she write an account of her friendship with Ellen
(b) She wants to move closer to Ellen
(c) She decides she wants to be a nurse
(d) She finds a position with a great deal more money
11. What does Kate say is the key to decorating the tree in the park?
(a) Being conservative
(b) Being glittery
(c) Being gaudy
(d) Being generous
12. What is the topic George asks Ellen about that night she comes down to get milk and finds her parents in the dining room?
(a) The closing of a college campus
(b) The building of a new apartment complex
(c) The installation of a new water system
(d) The razing of a park
13. What is the word Ellen chooses to describe her paternal grandfather?
14. Where does Ellen spend the night after Kate asks Ellen to help end her suffering?
(a) On the bed beside her mother
(b) In a chair in the den
(c) In her room
(d) In jail
15. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) A few of Kate's closest friends
(b) The Minnies and the neighbors
(c) Only family
(d) No one but the delivery man
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Ellen that the cause of Kate's death is an overdose of morphine?
2. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
3. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
4. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
5. What does the Mayor say by way of a holiday greeting?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)