|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the smell Ellen associates with her lawyer?
(d) Cigar smoke
2. What is the pattern on the curtains in the living room?
3. Where is the lunch held after Kate's funeral?
(a) At a local restaurant
(b) At George and Kate's home
(c) At the Duane's
(d) At the church
4. What does Kate say her body looks like?
(a) A fence post
(b) A rotten peach
(c) A baby's
(d) A flabby fat person
5. What does Kate eat on the last afternoon of her life?
(a) A scrambled egg
(b) Mashed potatoes
(c) Tomato soup
6. What does Teresa say about the condition of the woman with breast cancer about the same time that the woman with pancreatic cancer dies?
(a) She's in remission
(b) She died
(c) She's denying that there's anything wrong
(d) She's in a great deal of pain
7. What color are Ms. Duane's eyes?
(a) The book doesn't say
8. What is on the cover of the book of devotionals that the man in the grocery store gives Ellen after her arrest?
(a) An angel
(b) A cross
(c) A rose
(d) A profile of a child
9. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) There isn't a view
(b) The driveway and the house next door
(c) The street
(d) The back yard
10. How often does Teresa come after Christmas?
(a) Four times weekly
(c) Three times weekly
(d) Twice weekly
11. What does the Mayor say by way of a holiday greeting?
(a) Glad tidings to you all
(b) Happy holidays
(c) Merry Christmas
(d) Ho, ho, ho
12. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) A few of Kate's closest friends
(b) The Minnies and the neighbors
(c) Only family
(d) No one but the delivery man
13. Who is the attorney who defends Ellen for the majority of the trial?
(a) Johnathan Jester
(b) Jeffery Green
(c) Robert Greenstein
(d) Barry Smith
14. How much does Jeff give him initially to defend Ellen?
15. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) I can't wait
(b) To hell with Easter
(c) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
(d) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
2. What does Ellen buy hoping her mother will continue to read?
3. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
4. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
5. What does Ellen wear to her grand jury appearance?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)