|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was George drinking on the night Ellen came downstairs for milk to find her parents at the dining room table?
2. What are the rumors Mark says are going around about Mrs. Forburg?
(a) That she is afraid Ellen will commit suicide
(b) That she helped Ellen kill Kate
(c) That she's a lesbian
(d) That she has lied to police and is about to be arrested
3. What does Kate say when George says Easter will be early this year?
(a) I'll write down my recipe for egg dyes
(b) I can't wait
(c) To hell with Easter
(d) I'll teach Ellen to weave baskets
4. What is the view Kate has from her hospital bed?
(a) The street
(b) The driveway and the house next door
(c) The back yard
(d) There isn't a view
5. What does Ellen say about her mother's loss of vision?
(a) That she thinks her mother is just too tired to go on
(b) That it's a product of too much time spent reading
(c) That it's the result of medication
(d) That it's the result of the cancer
6. When does Halley say her baby is due?
(a) A week earlier
(b) Six weeks
(c) A month and a half
(d) A week from Friday
7. Which of the following was not among the Christmas movies the family watches together?
(a) Miracle on 34th Street
(b) A Christmas Carol
(c) White Christmas
(d) It's a Wonderful Life
8. Who does Ellen say comes to visit?
(a) No one but the delivery man
(b) Only family
(c) A few of Kate's closest friends
(d) The Minnies and the neighbors
9. What does Kate eat on the last afternoon of her life?
(a) Mashed potatoes
(c) Tomato soup
(d) A scrambled egg
10. How long has Ellen stayed with her mother before her death?
(a) Two weeks
(b) Eight weeks
(c) Eight months
(d) Five months
11. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
(a) She's losing her eyesight
(b) The books depress her
(c) She's tired of the books
(d) She wants to talk with the time she has left
12. What does Ellen give her mother for Christmas?
(a) A book
(c) A bracelet
(d) A scarf
13. What is Mrs. Duane's first name?
14. What month does Ellen say is suitable for dying?
15. Where is the psychic from who calls Ellen with a message that her mother forgives her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say her mother had nightmares about?
2. What color is the ribbon Ellen and Kate thread through the wheelchair wheels?
3. What was Ellen's role in the mock trial when she was in school?
4. How long does Mrs. Forburg say she was married?
5. Who is decorating the tree next to Kate's?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)