|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
(b) Rental car
2. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
(a) That she's obviously been ill
(b) That she's obviously lost weight
(c) That she's obviously been working out
(d) That she's obviously gained weight
3. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
4. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At the dry cleaners
(b) At church
(c) At a college function
(d) At the library
5. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
(a) Blue Spruce
6. What does Ellen have for dessert?
(c) Coffee cake
7. Which of the following was not one of the first books Kate and Ellen buy for their book club?
(a) Sense and Sensibility
(b) Pride and Prejudice
(c) Anna Karenina
(d) Great Expectations
8. Which of the following is not one of the activities Ellen describes having with her mother?
(a) A trip to a museum
(b) Trips to movie theaters
(c) A trip to the beach
(d) Trips to restaurants
9. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) Our Reading Together Book Club
(b) Books Together
(c) The Gulden Girls Book Club
(d) The Book Club
10. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
(a) Riverside Park
(b) A second-hand shop downtown
(c) Roadside Wheelers
(d) Parker's Cycle shop
11. What do Ellen and Kate eat in the park?
(c) Peanut butter and jelly
12. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
(a) That it's lofty, like the Wizard of Oz
(b) That it sounds drugged like the Mad Hatter
(c) That there's a stutter to it like the Cowardly Lion
(d) That it's disembodied like the Cheshire Cat
13. What is the name of the newspaper in which the story of Ellen's arrest appears?
(a) The Tribune
(b) The Herald
(c) The News
(d) The Times
14. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
15. What are the final words George says to Ellen as he disappears up the stairway?
(a) That she should remember that she has a duty
(b) That she should call on the boys for help
(c) That the family is nearing bankrupt because of the medical bills
(d) That she should remember that he takes the night shift
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
2. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
3. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
4. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
5. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)