|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Jonathan's father for the Thanksgiving holiday?
(a) At his stepdaughter's
(b) At his aunt's
(c) In New York City
(d) At his uncle's
2. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
(a) That she believes it doesn't
(b) That she wants to find out for sure
(c) That she believes it does
(d) That it doesn't matter
3. What does Kate say she and Teresa were laughing about while Ellen was downstairs?
(a) A photo of Ellen as Little Bo Peep
(b) A knock-knock joke about a banana
(c) A joke about Blueberry Hill
(d) A photo of Brian and Jeff
4. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
5. What does Jonathan say when Ellen says she's going home to take care of her mother?
(a) That she can't handle the nursing duties
(b) That she's doing the right thing
(c) That they should hire a nurse
(d) That he can't stand to be without her
6. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A fabric store
(b) A hardware store
(c) An antique store
(d) A furniture store
7. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
(a) Freezer bags and sugar
(b) Break and trash bags
(c) Coffee and eggs
(d) Toilet bowl cleaner and milk
8. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) They never did
(b) When Ellen went to her first school dance
(c) When Ellen was eleven
(d) When Elen was thirteen
9. What is the news Jonathan has when he calls Ellen?
(a) That he saw Jules and arranged to lease an apartment
(b) That he wants to marry her
(c) That he has a summer internship
(d) That he's found a permanent job in New York
10. What color is Ellen's room?
(d) Cream and maroon
11. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) Ellen's parents
(b) Jeff and Brian
(c) The entire family
(d) The three children
12. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
13. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(b) Ellen's forward questions
(c) She feared starting the conversation
(d) The telephone
14. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(d) She doesn't say
15. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
(a) Every nine days
(b) Every five days
(c) Every three weeks
(d) Every week
Short Answer Questions
1. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
2. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
3. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
4. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
5. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)