|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Ellen's room?
(d) Cream and maroon
2. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At a college function
(b) At church
(c) At the dry cleaners
(d) At the library
3. Where did Ellen's Gulden grandparents run a summer camp?
(d) New York State
4. Where did Ellen's parents go after their marriage ceremony?
(c) Niagra Falls
(d) Cambers Street
5. What does Kate need that George had not been able to find during the night?
(a) A heating pad
6. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
(a) Her essay printed in an anthology
(c) A medallion
(d) A trophy
7. Who was Dr. Belknap?
(a) Ellen's pediatrician
(b) Ellen's psychiatrist
(c) Ellen's mother's oncologist
(d) Ellen's father's best friend
8. Where does George ask Ellen to meet him for lunch?
(a) At a sushi bar downtown
(b) At a grill near their house
(c) At a sandwich shop on campus
(d) At a steakhouse several miles from campus
9. What are the final words George says to Ellen as he disappears up the stairway?
(a) That she should call on the boys for help
(b) That she should remember that she has a duty
(c) That she should remember that he takes the night shift
(d) That the family is nearing bankrupt because of the medical bills
10. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(b) Ellen's forward questions
(c) The telephone
(d) She feared starting the conversation
11. What kind of soup does Kate plan to make for her lunch party?
12. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
13. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She predicts they won't finish the books
(b) She says it's a bad idea
(c) She says Ellen was very smart
(d) She says it's bound to be tedious
14. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) The size isn't mentioned
(b) Their home is larger
(c) Their home is smaller
(d) Their home is about the same
15. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
(a) Sushi and rice
(b) Steak and potatoes
(c) Sandwich and a pickle
(d) Mushrooms and ground beef
Short Answer Questions
1. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
2. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
3. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
4. Where did Stevie die?
5. Which of the following was not one of the first books Kate and Ellen buy for their book club?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)