|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's racist
(b) That she's a poor writer
(c) That she's viscious against men
(d) That she's condescending to women
2. What is the news Jonathan has when he calls Ellen?
(a) That he saw Jules and arranged to lease an apartment
(b) That he's found a permanent job in New York
(c) That he has a summer internship
(d) That he wants to marry her
3. What did Mrs. Foburg teach when Ellen was her student?
4. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
(a) That she's obviously been working out
(b) That she's obviously been ill
(c) That she's obviously lost weight
(d) That she's obviously gained weight
5. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
6. Where is Jonathan's father for the Thanksgiving holiday?
(a) At his uncle's
(b) At his aunt's
(c) At his stepdaughter's
(d) In New York City
7. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A furniture store
(b) An antique store
(c) A hardware store
(d) A fabric store
8. Where did Stevie die?
9. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she can work from there
(b) He says she's doing the right thing
(c) He offers her a raise
(d) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
10. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
(a) Coffee and eggs
(b) Toilet bowl cleaner and milk
(c) Freezer bags and sugar
(d) Break and trash bags
11. What does Ellen say is the effect of her father's affair on her parents' marriage?
(a) They find renewed romance
(b) They have to see a counselor
(c) They learn to respect each other
12. What day do Brian and Jeff return home for Thanksgiving?
13. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
14. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
(a) Dairy Diner
(b) Freeze Queen
(c) Tastee Freeze
(d) Dairy Queen
15. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
(a) A menorah
(b) A painting
(c) A pillow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen break just before preparing to leave?
2. What is the store they enter where Ellen has trouble with the wheelchair?
3. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
4. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
5. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)