|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
(a) Because of the platinum in the chemotherapy
(b) Because of the cancer
(c) Because of the anti-depressants
(d) Because of the restrictive diet
2. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
3. What does Ellen have for dessert?
(a) Coffee cake
4. Which of the following was not one of the first books Kate and Ellen buy for their book club?
(a) Sense and Sensibility
(b) Anna Karenina
(c) Great Expectations
(d) Pride and Prejudice
5. What did Jonathan's father do for a living in New York City?
(a) He's a court baliff
(b) He's a justice of the peace
(c) He's a police officer
(d) He's a lawyer
6. What does Ellen break just before preparing to leave?
(a) A picture frame
(b) A pitcher
(c) A porcelein bell
(d) A glass
7. Which of the following is not one of the activities Ellen describes having with her mother?
(a) A trip to the beach
(b) Trips to movie theaters
(c) A trip to a museum
(d) Trips to restaurants
8. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) When Elen was thirteen
(b) When Ellen went to her first school dance
(c) When Ellen was eleven
(d) They never did
9. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
(a) Four days
(b) Four weeks
(c) She doesn't plan
(d) As long as her mother needs her
10. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
11. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
(a) A balloon
(b) A baby bird
(c) An ironing board
(d) A pillow
12. What was Ellen's class rank among her high school class?
(a) Number two
(b) Number three
(c) Number one
(d) Number four
13. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
(a) Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
(b) Peanut butter and jelly
(c) Tom and Jerry
14. What day do Brian and Jeff return home for Thanksgiving?
15. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
(a) Run away
(c) Plead for tastes
(d) Stir flour and water together
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
2. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
3. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
4. What is the project Kate is asked to call on a young mother about?
5. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)