|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
(a) Tastee Freeze
(b) Freeze Queen
(c) Dairy Diner
(d) Dairy Queen
2. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Camry
(b) A Jeep
(c) A Toyota
(d) A Silverado
3. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
(a) Rice Crispy treats
(b) Strawberry shortcake
(c) Chocolate chip cookies
(d) Cinnamon toast
4. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) An antique store
(b) A furniture store
(c) A fabric store
(d) A hardware store
5. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
6. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
(a) That she believes it doesn't
(b) That she wants to find out for sure
(c) That she believes it does
(d) That it doesn't matter
7. Where is Jonathan's father for the Thanksgiving holiday?
(a) At his aunt's
(b) At his uncle's
(c) At his stepdaughter's
(d) In New York City
8. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
(a) Because of the restrictive diet
(b) Because of the anti-depressants
(c) Because of the platinum in the chemotherapy
(d) Because of the cancer
9. What do Ellen and Kate eat in the park?
(d) Peanut butter and jelly
10. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
11. What does Kate say she and Teresa were laughing about while Ellen was downstairs?
(a) A joke about Blueberry Hill
(b) A photo of Brian and Jeff
(c) A knock-knock joke about a banana
(d) A photo of Ellen as Little Bo Peep
12. Who was Dr. Belknap?
(a) Ellen's father's best friend
(b) Ellen's psychiatrist
(c) Ellen's pediatrician
(d) Ellen's mother's oncologist
13. What does Ellen have for dessert?
(d) Coffee cake
14. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
(a) Steak and potatoes
(b) Sushi and rice
(c) Sandwich and a pickle
(d) Mushrooms and ground beef
15. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
(a) That she's obviously been working out
(b) That she's obviously been ill
(c) That she's obviously lost weight
(d) That she's obviously gained weight
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
2. Where did Stevie die?
3. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
4. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
5. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)