|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
(a) A futon
(b) A mirror
(c) A typewriter
(d) A trunk
2. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
3. What is Kate's pet name for her husband?
4. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At the library
(b) At a college function
(c) At church
(d) At the dry cleaners
5. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She thinks he's very caring
(b) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(c) She likes him
(d) She doesn't like him
6. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(a) She doesn't say
7. What kind of flowers does Kate say were planted and died near the Christmas trees?
8. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
(a) A baby
(b) A dog
(c) A siren
(d) The television
9. What day do Brian and Jeff return home for Thanksgiving?
10. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Jeep
(b) A Camry
(c) A Silverado
(d) A Toyota
11. Where is Jonathan's father for the Thanksgiving holiday?
(a) At his uncle's
(b) At his aunt's
(c) At his stepdaughter's
(d) In New York City
12. Where did Stevie die?
13. What is the store they enter where Ellen has trouble with the wheelchair?
(a) Jackie's Junk and Stuff
(b) Langhorne Shoe Shoppe
(c) Phillip's Books
(d) The Ice Creamery
14. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
15. What does Ellen break just before preparing to leave?
(a) A porcelein bell
(b) A glass
(c) A pitcher
(d) A picture frame
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
2. Where does Ellen and Kate meet Sheila Fenner?
3. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
4. What does Kate say she left at City Hall on her wedding day?
5. What did Mrs. Foburg teach when Ellen was her student?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)