|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ellen's job in New York?
(a) Editorial assistant
(c) Newspaper publisher
(d) Page designer
2. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She doesn't like him
(b) She thinks he's very caring
(c) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(d) She likes him
3. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
4. What color is Ellen's room?
(d) Cream and maroon
5. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
(a) A dog
(b) The television
(c) A baby
(d) A siren
6. What does Ellen say her mother does the day after their marriage?
(a) Makes curtains out of sheets
(b) Goes home to her mother
(c) Throws a reception party
7. What is the name of the newspaper in which the story of Ellen's arrest appears?
(a) The Herald
(b) The Times
(c) The Tribune
(d) The News
8. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
9. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) When Elen was thirteen
(b) When Ellen went to her first school dance
(c) When Ellen was eleven
(d) They never did
10. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She says it's bound to be tedious
(b) She says it's a bad idea
(c) She says Ellen was very smart
(d) She predicts they won't finish the books
11. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
(a) Anything that doesn't require too much energy
(b) No ladders or staple guns
(c) Nothing that requires that she drive
(d) There are no limits
12. What is the project Kate is asked to call on a young mother about?
(a) Knitting baby booties
(b) Crocheting a baby blanket
(c) Stenciling flowers on a crib
(d) Sewing ruffles for curtains
13. What breaks the silence after the waiter takes their order?
(a) Another faculty member
(b) George's pager
(c) Ellen's cell phone
(d) Falling pots and pans
14. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
15. Where did Stevie die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does George ask Ellen to meet him for lunch?
2. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
3. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
4. What does Kate say she's done to cause her back to hurt?
5. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)