|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color do the Minnies decide they'll use to decorate their trees?
(a) Red and Gold
(b) Blue and Silver
(c) White and Gold
(d) Green and Beige
2. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
3. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Jeep
(b) A Silverado
(c) A Camry
(d) A Toyota
4. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
(a) That it's disembodied like the Cheshire Cat
(b) That it sounds drugged like the Mad Hatter
(c) That there's a stutter to it like the Cowardly Lion
(d) That it's lofty, like the Wizard of Oz
5. What is Kate's pet name for her husband?
6. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
(b) He offers her a raise
(c) He says she can work from there
(d) He says she's doing the right thing
7. What are the final words George says to Ellen as he disappears up the stairway?
(a) That she should remember that he takes the night shift
(b) That she should call on the boys for help
(c) That she should remember that she has a duty
(d) That the family is nearing bankrupt because of the medical bills
8. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) The three children
(b) Ellen's parents
(c) The entire family
(d) Jeff and Brian
9. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's racist
(b) That she's condescending to women
(c) That she's viscious against men
(d) That she's a poor writer
10. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
11. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
(a) Rice Crispy treats
(b) Cinnamon toast
(c) Chocolate chip cookies
(d) Strawberry shortcake
12. What is the news Jonathan has when he calls Ellen?
(a) That he saw Jules and arranged to lease an apartment
(b) That he has a summer internship
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That he's found a permanent job in New York
13. What did Jonathan's father do for a living in New York City?
(a) He's a lawyer
(b) He's a police officer
(c) He's a court baliff
(d) He's a justice of the peace
14. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(a) The telephone
(c) She feared starting the conversation
(d) Ellen's forward questions
15. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
2. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
3. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
4. What two words are repeated in the lullaby Ellen's mother sings to her?
5. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)