|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
2. What does Mrs. Fenner say about Kate's physical appearance?
(a) That she's obviously lost weight
(b) That she's obviously been ill
(c) That she's obviously been working out
(d) That she's obviously gained weight
3. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) The Book Club
(b) Our Reading Together Book Club
(c) The Gulden Girls Book Club
(d) Books Together
4. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
5. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
6. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
(a) She doesn't plan
(b) As long as her mother needs her
(c) Four weeks
(d) Four days
7. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) When Elen was thirteen
(b) When Ellen went to her first school dance
(c) When Ellen was eleven
(d) They never did
8. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
(c) Blue Spruce
9. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) Their home is about the same
(b) The size isn't mentioned
(c) Their home is smaller
(d) Their home is larger
10. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A hardware store
(b) A furniture store
(c) An antique store
(d) A fabric store
11. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
12. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
(a) Dairy Diner
(b) Tastee Freeze
(c) Dairy Queen
(d) Freeze Queen
13. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
(a) She has diabetes
(b) She has breast cancer
(c) She has heart trouble
(d) She has leukemia
14. What does Ellen say her mother does the day after their marriage?
(a) Throws a reception party
(c) Makes curtains out of sheets
(d) Goes home to her mother
15. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she's doing the right thing
(b) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
(c) He offers her a raise
(d) He says she can work from there
Short Answer Questions
1. What day does Jonathan unexpectedly drop in?
2. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
3. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
4. How many trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
5. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)