|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At church
(b) At the dry cleaners
(c) At a college function
(d) At the library
2. What is the name of the bar where Ellen goes with her brothers and Jonathan?
(a) Sally's Corner
(b) Jacks are Wild
(c) Langhorn Saloon
3. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
4. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
(b) Rental car
5. What does Jonathan say when Ellen says she's going home to take care of her mother?
(a) That she's doing the right thing
(b) That he can't stand to be without her
(c) That they should hire a nurse
(d) That she can't handle the nursing duties
6. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
(a) Her essay printed in an anthology
(b) A medallion
(c) A trophy
7. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
8. What color is the apron Kate is wearing when Kate begins to make lunch?
9. What are the final words George says to Ellen as he disappears up the stairway?
(a) That the family is nearing bankrupt because of the medical bills
(b) That she should remember that she has a duty
(c) That she should remember that he takes the night shift
(d) That she should call on the boys for help
10. What is happening in the dream from which Kate awakes?
(a) She is watching her mother die
(b) She is driving into fog
(c) She and Jonathan are biting each other
(d) She is falling
11. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) Their home is about the same
(b) Their home is smaller
(c) The size isn't mentioned
(d) Their home is larger
12. What color do the Minnies decide they'll use to decorate their trees?
(a) White and Gold
(b) Blue and Silver
(c) Red and Gold
(d) Green and Beige
13. Where does George ask Ellen to meet him for lunch?
(a) At a sandwich shop on campus
(b) At a steakhouse several miles from campus
(c) At a sushi bar downtown
(d) At a grill near their house
14. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) The Gulden Girls Book Club
(b) Books Together
(c) Our Reading Together Book Club
(d) The Book Club
15. Where is Jonathan's father for the Thanksgiving holiday?
(a) At his aunt's
(b) In New York City
(c) At his stepdaughter's
(d) At his uncle's
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
2. How much younger is Stevie than Kate?
3. What does Kate say Ellen would do as a child while she cooked?
4. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
5. What does Ellen have for dessert?
This section contains 492 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)