|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
2. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(b) Ellen's forward questions
(c) The telephone
(d) She feared starting the conversation
3. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She doesn't like him
(b) She thinks he's very caring
(c) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(d) She likes him
4. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Camry
(b) A Silverado
(c) A Jeep
(d) A Toyota
5. What does Ellen have for dessert?
(d) Coffee cake
6. What is the name of the bar where Ellen goes with her brothers and Jonathan?
(a) Langhorn Saloon
(c) Jacks are Wild
(d) Sally's Corner
7. What color is Teresa's coat on the first morning she arrives at the Gulden house?
8. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
(a) Cinnamon toast
(b) Chocolate chip cookies
(c) Strawberry shortcake
(d) Rice Crispy treats
9. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
(a) That it sounds drugged like the Mad Hatter
(b) That there's a stutter to it like the Cowardly Lion
(c) That it's disembodied like the Cheshire Cat
(d) That it's lofty, like the Wizard of Oz
10. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
11. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
12. What does Kate do while Ellen reads in the park?
(a) Works on a needlepoint project
(b) Goes for a walk
13. What two words are repeated in the lullaby Ellen's mother sings to her?
(a) Lullaby and good-night
(b) Ellen and Mama
(c) Safe and sound
(d) Peace and joy
14. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
15. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) The Book Club
(b) Our Reading Together Book Club
(c) Books Together
(d) The Gulden Girls Book Club
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Ellen's class rank among her high school class?
2. What is Skip's real first name?
3. Which of the following is not one of the activities Ellen describes having with her mother?
4. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
5. Where did Ellen's Gulden grandparents run a summer camp?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)