|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Stevie die?
2. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
(a) Every five days
(b) Every three weeks
(c) Every nine days
(d) Every week
3. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
4. What breaks the silence after the waiter takes their order?
(a) Ellen's cell phone
(b) George's pager
(c) Another faculty member
(d) Falling pots and pans
5. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
(a) Go to the next book
(b) Take a week to talk about the theme
(c) Talk about the plot with George
(d) Set aside a day to compare characters
6. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
7. What does Ellen say her mother does the day after their marriage?
(a) Goes home to her mother
(c) Makes curtains out of sheets
(d) Throws a reception party
8. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) The entire family
(b) The three children
(c) Jeff and Brian
(d) Ellen's parents
9. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At the library
(b) At church
(c) At a college function
(d) At the dry cleaners
10. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
(a) That she believes it does
(b) That she wants to find out for sure
(c) That it doesn't matter
(d) That she believes it doesn't
11. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) They never did
(b) When Ellen went to her first school dance
(c) When Ellen was eleven
(d) When Elen was thirteen
12. What is Skip's real first name?
(d) Ellen doesn't know
13. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
(a) A baby
(b) The television
(c) A dog
(d) A siren
14. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly
(c) Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
(d) Tom and Jerry
15. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) The size isn't mentioned
(b) Their home is larger
(c) Their home is about the same
(d) Their home is smaller
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Ellen cut the tag out of the dress she buys for Kate?
2. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
3. What does Ellen break just before preparing to leave?
4. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
5. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
This section contains 499 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)