|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
(a) Steak and potatoes
(b) Mushrooms and ground beef
(c) Sandwich and a pickle
(d) Sushi and rice
2. What is the store they enter where Ellen has trouble with the wheelchair?
(a) Phillip's Books
(b) Langhorne Shoe Shoppe
(c) The Ice Creamery
(d) Jackie's Junk and Stuff
3. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
(a) There are no limits
(b) Nothing that requires that she drive
(c) No ladders or staple guns
(d) Anything that doesn't require too much energy
4. What does Kate say Ellen would do as a child while she cooked?
(b) Stir flour and water together
(c) Plead for tastes
(d) Run away
5. When does Kate say she and Ellen had a talk about sex?
(a) When Elen was thirteen
(b) When Ellen was eleven
(c) They never did
(d) When Ellen went to her first school dance
6. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) Their home is larger
(b) Their home is about the same
(c) The size isn't mentioned
(d) Their home is smaller
7. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(a) She feared starting the conversation
(b) Ellen's forward questions
(d) The telephone
8. What is Skip's real first name?
(c) Ellen doesn't know
9. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
(a) As long as her mother needs her
(b) Four weeks
(c) Four days
(d) She doesn't plan
10. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(d) She doesn't say
11. What does Ellen say is the effect of her father's affair on her parents' marriage?
(a) They find renewed romance
(c) They learn to respect each other
(d) They have to see a counselor
12. How old is Teresa?
13. What was Ellen's class rank among her high school class?
(a) Number one
(b) Number four
(c) Number two
(d) Number three
14. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
(c) Rental car
15. Who was Dr. Belknap?
(a) Ellen's father's best friend
(b) Ellen's mother's oncologist
(c) Ellen's psychiatrist
(d) Ellen's pediatrician
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
2. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
3. What day does Jonathan unexpectedly drop in?
4. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
5. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)