|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
2. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
(a) She has leukemia
(b) She has diabetes
(c) She has breast cancer
(d) She has heart trouble
3. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
4. Where does Ellen and Kate meet Sheila Fenner?
(a) The museum
(b) The movies
(c) The book store
(d) The mall
5. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
(a) An ironing board
(b) A balloon
(c) A pillow
(d) A baby bird
6. What does Kate say she left at City Hall on her wedding day?
(a) A library book
(b) Her bouquet
(c) A photo
(d) Her ring
7. Where does George ask Ellen to meet him for lunch?
(a) At a steakhouse several miles from campus
(b) At a grill near their house
(c) At a sushi bar downtown
(d) At a sandwich shop on campus
8. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies
(b) Strawberry shortcake
(c) Rice Crispy treats
(d) Cinnamon toast
9. What is Ellen's job in New York?
(b) Page designer
(c) Editorial assistant
(d) Newspaper publisher
10. What do Ellen and Kate eat in the park?
(c) Peanut butter and jelly
11. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
(a) Chicken soup is good for you
(b) Never trust a skinny cook
(c) Kiss the cook
(d) The choices for dinner: take it or leave it
12. How old is Teresa?
13. Which of the following was not one of the first books Kate and Ellen buy for their book club?
(a) Anna Karenina
(b) Sense and Sensibility
(c) Great Expectations
(d) Pride and Prejudice
14. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She likes him
(b) She thinks he's very caring
(c) She doesn't like him
(d) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
15. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
(a) There are no limits
(b) Nothing that requires that she drive
(c) Anything that doesn't require too much energy
(d) No ladders or staple guns
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen have for dessert?
2. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
3. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
4. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
5. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)