|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
(b) He says she's doing the right thing
(c) He says she can work from there
(d) He offers her a raise
2. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
3. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
(a) Take a week to talk about the theme
(b) Go to the next book
(c) Set aside a day to compare characters
(d) Talk about the plot with George
4. What color is Ellen's room?
(d) Cream and maroon
5. What two words are repeated in the lullaby Ellen's mother sings to her?
(a) Safe and sound
(b) Ellen and Mama
(c) Lullaby and good-night
(d) Peace and joy
6. What does Kate say she left at City Hall on her wedding day?
(a) Her ring
(b) A photo
(c) Her bouquet
(d) A library book
7. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) Jeff and Brian
(b) The entire family
(c) Ellen's parents
(d) The three children
8. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
(a) A menorah
(b) A pillow
(d) A painting
9. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
10. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) Their home is larger
(b) Their home is about the same
(c) The size isn't mentioned
(d) Their home is smaller
11. What are the limits Dr. Cohn puts on Kate's activities?
(a) Anything that doesn't require too much energy
(b) No ladders or staple guns
(c) There are no limits
(d) Nothing that requires that she drive
12. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
(a) Riverside Park
(b) Roadside Wheelers
(c) Parker's Cycle shop
(d) A second-hand shop downtown
13. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
(a) Mushrooms and ground beef
(b) Sandwich and a pickle
(c) Sushi and rice
(d) Steak and potatoes
14. Who was Dr. Belknap?
(a) Ellen's pediatrician
(b) Ellen's father's best friend
(c) Ellen's mother's oncologist
(d) Ellen's psychiatrist
15. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She predicts they won't finish the books
(b) She says it's a bad idea
(c) She says Ellen was very smart
(d) She says it's bound to be tedious
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
2. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
3. What is Skip's real first name?
4. What does Ellen have for dessert?
5. What color is Kate's hair?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)