|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
(a) She has heart trouble
(b) She has diabetes
(c) She has breast cancer
(d) She has leukemia
2. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
(a) Tom and Jerry
(c) Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
(d) Peanut butter and jelly
3. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
(a) A baby bird
(b) A pillow
(c) An ironing board
(d) A balloon
4. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A fabric store
(b) An antique store
(c) A furniture store
(d) A hardware store
5. What is written on the apron Kate is wearing when Jonathan arrives?
(a) The choices for dinner: take it or leave it
(b) Chicken soup is good for you
(c) Never trust a skinny cook
(d) Kiss the cook
6. What color is Ellen's room?
(c) Cream and maroon
7. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(b) She doesn't say
8. Where did Stevie die?
9. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
(d) Blue Spruce
10. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He offers her a raise
(b) He says she can work from there
(c) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
(d) He says she's doing the right thing
11. What color does Ellen say her father's hair is?
12. How long does Ellen plan to remain at home during her visit?
(a) As long as her mother needs her
(b) She doesn't plan
(c) Four weeks
(d) Four days
13. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
14. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's racist
(b) That she's viscious against men
(c) That she's condescending to women
(d) That she's a poor writer
15. What two words are repeated in the lullaby Ellen's mother sings to her?
(a) Safe and sound
(b) Lullaby and good-night
(c) Peace and joy
(d) Ellen and Mama
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
2. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
3. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
4. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
5. What does Ellen say is the effect of her father's affair on her parents' marriage?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)