|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
(a) Stir flour and water together
(c) Plead for tastes
(d) Run away
2. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At the library
(b) At church
(c) At the dry cleaners
(d) At a college function
3. What color is Kate's hair?
4. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Silverado
(b) A Jeep
(c) A Camry
(d) A Toyota
5. What does Kate say she and Teresa were laughing about while Ellen was downstairs?
(a) A knock-knock joke about a banana
(b) A photo of Ellen as Little Bo Peep
(c) A photo of Brian and Jeff
(d) A joke about Blueberry Hill
6. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
(a) A pillow
(b) A painting
(c) A menorah
7. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
(a) Take a week to talk about the theme
(b) Talk about the plot with George
(c) Set aside a day to compare characters
(d) Go to the next book
8. What is the news Jonathan has when he calls Ellen?
(a) That he saw Jules and arranged to lease an apartment
(b) That he has a summer internship
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That he's found a permanent job in New York
9. What two words are repeated in the lullaby Ellen's mother sings to her?
(a) Peace and joy
(b) Safe and sound
(c) Lullaby and good-night
(d) Ellen and Mama
10. What breaks the silence after the waiter takes their order?
(a) Another faculty member
(b) George's pager
(c) Ellen's cell phone
(d) Falling pots and pans
11. What kind of flowers does Kate say were planted and died near the Christmas trees?
12. Who was Dr. Belknap?
(a) Ellen's father's best friend
(b) Ellen's pediatrician
(c) Ellen's mother's oncologist
(d) Ellen's psychiatrist
13. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
14. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A fabric store
(b) A furniture store
(c) A hardware store
(d) An antique store
15. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She says Ellen was very smart
(b) She says it's a bad idea
(c) She says it's bound to be tedious
(d) She predicts they won't finish the books
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mrs. Foburg teach when Ellen was her student?
2. Where did Ellen's parents go after their marriage ceremony?
3. What does Ellen compare her mother's chest to?
4. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
5. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)