|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
2. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's viscious against men
(b) That she's racist
(c) That she's a poor writer
(d) That she's condescending to women
3. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
4. Who are in the two largest pictures in Ellen's parents' living room?
(a) The entire family
(b) Ellen's parents
(c) Jeff and Brian
(d) The three children
5. What does Jonathan say when Ellen says she's going home to take care of her mother?
(a) That they should hire a nurse
(b) That she can't handle the nursing duties
(c) That she's doing the right thing
(d) That he can't stand to be without her
6. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Toyota
(b) A Jeep
(c) A Camry
(d) A Silverado
7. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A fabric store
(b) An antique store
(c) A furniture store
(d) A hardware store
8. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
(a) That it's lofty, like the Wizard of Oz
(b) That it's disembodied like the Cheshire Cat
(c) That there's a stutter to it like the Cowardly Lion
(d) That it sounds drugged like the Mad Hatter
9. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
(a) She has heart trouble
(b) She has breast cancer
(c) She has leukemia
(d) She has diabetes
10. Where did Ellen's Gulden grandparents run a summer camp?
(a) New York State
11. What did Jonathan's father do for a living in New York City?
(a) He's a court baliff
(b) He's a lawyer
(c) He's a justice of the peace
(d) He's a police officer
12. What does Jonathan say Ellen smells like?
13. What does Kate say interrupted the conversation about sex?
(a) She feared starting the conversation
(b) The telephone
(c) Ellen's forward questions
14. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) Books Together
(b) Our Reading Together Book Club
(c) The Book Club
(d) The Gulden Girls Book Club
15. How many trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What color do the Minnies decide they'll use to decorate their trees?
2. What did Mrs. Foburg teach when Ellen was her student?
3. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
4. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
5. Where does George ask Ellen to meet him for lunch?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)