|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
(a) That she believes it does
(b) That it doesn't matter
(c) That she wants to find out for sure
(d) That she believes it doesn't
2. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She thinks he's very caring
(b) She likes him
(c) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(d) She doesn't like him
3. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
(a) A menorah
(b) A painting
(c) A pillow
4. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
5. What day does Jonathan unexpectedly drop in?
6. Which of the following was not one of the first books Kate and Ellen buy for their book club?
(a) Pride and Prejudice
(b) Great Expectations
(c) Sense and Sensibility
(d) Anna Karenina
7. What is Ellen's job in New York?
(a) Editorial assistant
(b) Newspaper publisher
(d) Page designer
8. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
(a) Mushrooms and ground beef
(b) Sandwich and a pickle
(c) Sushi and rice
(d) Steak and potatoes
9. What does Kate say she left at City Hall on her wedding day?
(a) Her bouquet
(b) Her ring
(c) A photo
(d) A library book
10. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
(a) Riverside Park
(b) A second-hand shop downtown
(c) Roadside Wheelers
(d) Parker's Cycle shop
11. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
12. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
(b) Her essay printed in an anthology
(c) A trophy
(d) A medallion
13. What is the news Jonathan has when he calls Ellen?
(a) That he saw Jules and arranged to lease an apartment
(b) That he's found a permanent job in New York
(c) That he wants to marry her
(d) That he has a summer internship
14. What does Kate say she and Teresa were laughing about while Ellen was downstairs?
(a) A joke about Blueberry Hill
(b) A photo of Ellen as Little Bo Peep
(c) A knock-knock joke about a banana
(d) A photo of Brian and Jeff
15. Where does Ellen and Kate meet Sheila Fenner?
(a) The museum
(b) The mall
(c) The movies
(d) The book store
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of soup does Kate plan to make for her lunch party?
2. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
3. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
4. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
5. Where did Stevie die?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)