|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen win for her essay on euthanasia?
(a) A medallion
(b) Her essay printed in an anthology
(c) A trophy
2. What kind of trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
(d) Blue Spruce
3. Where was Kate's Schwinn bought as a child?
(a) Roadside Wheelers
(b) Parker's Cycle shop
(c) Riverside Park
(d) A second-hand shop downtown
4. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
5. What is the store Ellen says her mother loves most?
(a) A fabric store
(b) A furniture store
(c) A hardware store
(d) An antique store
6. What did Mrs. Foburg teach when Ellen was her student?
7. What are the costumes Brian and Jeff are wearing in the photo Kate has after Teresa leaves?
(a) Peanut butter and jelly
(b) Tom and Jerry
(d) Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde
8. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She predicts they won't finish the books
(b) She says it's bound to be tedious
(c) She says it's a bad idea
(d) She says Ellen was very smart
9. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(a) She doesn't say
10. What does Teresa say is wrong with the mother of the little girl who tells her jokes?
(a) She has breast cancer
(b) She has diabetes
(c) She has heart trouble
(d) She has leukemia
11. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
(a) A painting
(b) A menorah
(c) A pillow
12. What day does Jonathan unexpectedly drop in?
13. Which of the following was not one of the first books Kate and Ellen buy for their book club?
(a) Anna Karenina
(b) Sense and Sensibility
(c) Great Expectations
(d) Pride and Prejudice
14. What does Kate say Brian would do as a child while she cooked?
(a) Run away
(b) Stir flour and water together
(c) Plead for tastes
15. What is the snack Ellen makes that she says her mother frequently made for them as children?
(a) Chocolate chip cookies
(b) Strawberry shortcake
(c) Cinnamon toast
(d) Rice Crispy treats
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
2. What day do Brian and Jeff return home for Thanksgiving?
3. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
4. What does Kate say she left at City Hall on her wedding day?
5. How many trees do the Minnies decorate each year?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)