|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At a college function
(b) At the library
(c) At church
(d) At the dry cleaners
2. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
(a) Because of the cancer
(b) Because of the platinum in the chemotherapy
(c) Because of the anti-depressants
(d) Because of the restrictive diet
3. Where does George ask Ellen to meet him for lunch?
(a) At a grill near their house
(b) At a sandwich shop on campus
(c) At a steakhouse several miles from campus
(d) At a sushi bar downtown
4. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
5. What color is Dr. Cohn's car?
6. What kind of flowers does Kate say were planted and died near the Christmas trees?
7. What kind of vehicle does Jeff have?
(a) A Jeep
(b) A Camry
(c) A Toyota
(d) A Silverado
8. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
(a) He says she should talk to her friend Jules
(b) He says she can work from there
(c) He offers her a raise
(d) He says she's doing the right thing
9. What does Kate do while Ellen reads in the park?
(b) Goes for a walk
(c) Works on a needlepoint project
10. What does Kate name the book club she forms with Ellen?
(a) Books Together
(b) Our Reading Together Book Club
(c) The Gulden Girls Book Club
(d) The Book Club
11. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
(a) That she believes it does
(b) That she wants to find out for sure
(c) That it doesn't matter
(d) That she believes it doesn't
12. Where did Ellen's parents go after their marriage ceremony?
(a) Niagra Falls
(b) Cambers Street
13. How many windows are in the room where Kate receives her chemotherapy treatment?
14. What is Ellen's job in New York?
(a) Page designer
(b) Newspaper publisher
(c) Editorial assistant
15. What is the store they enter where Ellen has trouble with the wheelchair?
(a) Jackie's Junk and Stuff
(b) Langhorne Shoe Shoppe
(c) The Ice Creamery
(d) Phillip's Books
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the bar where Ellen goes with her brothers and Jonathan?
2. What is the name of the newspaper in which the story of Ellen's arrest appears?
3. What are two of the items Ellen remembers they need at home?
4. What are the two foods on George's plate as he talks to Ellen?
5. What does Ellen first think she's hearing when she's wakened by her mother's cries?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)