|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 81 - 105.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen cut the tag out of the dress she buys for Kate?
(a) Because it's a knock-off
(b) Because it's very expensive
(c) Because it has a maternity tag
(d) Because it's very cheap
2. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
(a) Set aside a day to compare characters
(b) Take a week to talk about the theme
(c) Go to the next book
(d) Talk about the plot with George
3. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
(a) That it's lofty, like the Wizard of Oz
(b) That there's a stutter to it like the Cowardly Lion
(c) That it sounds drugged like the Mad Hatter
(d) That it's disembodied like the Cheshire Cat
4. What does Kate say Ellen would do as a child while she cooked?
(a) Plead for tastes
(b) Run away
(c) Stir flour and water together
5. What does Jules think of Jonathan?
(a) She doesn't like him
(b) She thinks he'll become a famous attorney and will take good care of Ellen
(c) She thinks he's very caring
(d) She likes him
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of the psychiatrist Dr. Cohn recommends Ellen call on?
2. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
3. What kind of flowers does Kate say were planted and died near the Christmas trees?
4. Where does Kate say she met George?
5. What class had Ellen been in with her jailer?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)