|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47 - 66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mrs. Foburg teach when Ellen was her student?
2. What does Jonathan say when Ellen says she's going home to take care of her mother?
(a) That they should hire a nurse
(b) That she can't handle the nursing duties
(c) That he can't stand to be without her
(d) That she's doing the right thing
3. Where does Kate say she met George?
(a) At church
(b) At the library
(c) At the dry cleaners
(d) At a college function
4. Which of the following is not one of the activities Ellen describes having with her mother?
(a) Trips to restaurants
(b) Trips to movie theaters
(c) A trip to the beach
(d) A trip to a museum
5. What does Kate say the book club will do after they complete the book they're working on?
(a) Set aside a day to compare characters
(b) Talk about the plot with George
(c) Take a week to talk about the theme
(d) Go to the next book
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
2. What does Ellen compare to the hospital?
3. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
4. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
5. What does Mr. Tweedy say about Ellen's announcement that she's going to her mother's?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)