|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 47 - 66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Dr. Belknap?
(a) Ellen's father's best friend
(b) Ellen's mother's oncologist
(c) Ellen's pediatrician
(d) Ellen's psychiatrist
2. What is the name of the newspaper in which the story of Ellen's arrest appears?
(a) The News
(b) The Herald
(c) The Times
(d) The Tribune
3. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
(a) Freeze Queen
(b) Dairy Queen
(c) Tastee Freeze
(d) Dairy Diner
4. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
(a) That there's a stutter to it like the Cowardly Lion
(b) That it sounds drugged like the Mad Hatter
(c) That it's lofty, like the Wizard of Oz
(d) That it's disembodied like the Cheshire Cat
5. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
(a) She doesn't say
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
2. What is Kate's response to the opinion that her cancer might have been caused by her work in the dry cleaning shop?
3. Where did Ellen's parents go after their marriage ceremony?
4. What day was it that Ellen and her brothers went for ice cream?
5. How often does Kate go to the hospital for chemotherapy?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)