|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 27 - 46.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ellen break just before preparing to leave?
(a) A pitcher
(b) A glass
(c) A porcelein bell
(d) A picture frame
2. What is the name of the newspaper in which the story of Ellen's arrest appears?
(a) The Tribune
(b) The News
(c) The Herald
(d) The Times
3. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
(a) A futon
(b) A trunk
(c) A mirror
(d) A typewriter
4. What does Ellen note about the size of her parents' home as compared to other houses on the block?
(a) Their home is smaller
(b) Their home is larger
(c) Their home is about the same
(d) The size isn't mentioned
5. What is Ellen's job in New York?
(a) Editorial assistant
(c) Newspaper publisher
(d) Page designer
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Ellen's room?
2. Where does Ellen go with her brothers for ice cream?
3. What day does Ellen say she'll be back?
4. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
5. What color is the sweater Ellen is wearing in the front page story about her arrest?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)