|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 140 - 158.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ellen cut the tag out of the dress she buys for Kate?
(a) Because it's a knock-off
(b) Because it's very expensive
(c) Because it's very cheap
(d) Because it has a maternity tag
2. What does Teresa say happened to her mother?
(a) She was hit by a cab
(b) She died of cancer
(c) She had cancer but it is in remission
(d) She died in childbirth
3. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
(a) Because of the platinum in the chemotherapy
(b) Because of the anti-depressants
(c) Because of the restrictive diet
(d) Because of the cancer
4. Which of the following is NOT among the possessions Ellen brings back from New York?
(a) A typewriter
(b) A futon
(c) A trunk
(d) A mirror
5. What is the store they enter where Ellen has trouble with the wheelchair?
(a) Langhorne Shoe Shoppe
(b) Phillip's Books
(c) Jackie's Junk and Stuff
(d) The Ice Creamery
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say her mother does the day after their marriage?
2. When George was talking to Ellen as a child, what does he say "A" is for?
3. Why does Kate say she won't read anymore?
4. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
5. What does Kate say she's going to make Dr. Cohn for Christmas?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)