|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Pages 140 - 158.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jules' reaction to Ellen's news that she and her mother have formed a book club?
(a) She says it's a bad idea
(b) She says it's bound to be tedious
(c) She says Ellen was very smart
(d) She predicts they won't finish the books
2. What breaks the silence after the waiter takes their order?
(a) Another faculty member
(b) George's pager
(c) Ellen's cell phone
(d) Falling pots and pans
3. What does Ellen say is the effect of her father's affair on her parents' marriage?
(a) They find renewed romance
(b) They learn to respect each other
(c) They have to see a counselor
4. What does Kate say is her mother's opinion of Austen?
(a) That she's racist
(b) That she's viscious against men
(c) That she's a poor writer
(d) That she's condescending to women
5. Where is Jonathan's father for the Thanksgiving holiday?
(a) At his uncle's
(b) At his aunt's
(c) In New York City
(d) At his stepdaughter's
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ellen say about the sound of her father's voice as he heads up the stairway after their argument?
2. Where does Kate say she met George?
3. Where did Ellen's Gulden grandparents run a summer camp?
4. How does Ellen make the trip back to Langhorne?
5. Why does Kate say her mouth tastes like tin?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)