|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What army did Clausewitz join to continue fighting his favorite enemy?
2. What is Clausewitz disappointed about concerning imperial expansion?
3. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
5. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
Essay Topic 1
Clausewitz says that each side compels its opponent to follow suit until the extreme of force is reached. Do you think that that concept is still valid today? Analyze the yearly number of war victims in the last century to build your argument.
Essay Topic 2
Do you think Clausewitz is right when he says that wars between civilized nations are less cruel and destructive than between "savages"? Use the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Trinity is one of most important concepts of the book. Give the definition of trinity for Clausewitz, using the book as reference. Explain each element of Trinity and how they apply to war.
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)