|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
2. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
3. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
Essay Topic 1
Trinity is one of most important concepts of the book. Give the definition of trinity for Clausewitz, using the book as reference. Explain each element of Trinity and how they apply to war.
Essay Topic 2
Clausewitz talks about how an army can be on the moral side; meaning one army has the just cause. Analyze the governments of Europe and what they were standing for. Do you think European countries of that time could have the moral high ground against another country? Use the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Clausewitz says that each side compels its opponent to follow suit until the extreme of force is reached. Do you think that that concept is still valid today? Analyze the yearly number of war victims in the last century to build your argument.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)