Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
2. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
3. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
Clausewitz is a proponent of the idea that defense is superior to offense. How do you think Clausewitz came to that conclusion? Include a historical context and the text to support your statements.
What does Clausewitz say about officers in "On War"? Explain the contradiction of looking for the best officers, but only considering aristocrats for those positions and not from among the other 90% of the people. Use the text and secondary sources to support your statements.
Clausewitz qualifies the power of resistance as the product of the total means at his disposal and the strength of his will. Which one is the most important in current asymmetrical war such as Afghanistan and Iraq?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)