Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
2. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
3. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
Essay Topic 1
Clausewitz talks about the importance of the popularity of the campaign in war. How does popularity affect the war? Make sure to give at least 3 examples; one for the political aspect, one for the tactical aspect and one for the strategic aspect and use the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 2
According to Clausewitz, once the expenditures of war go above that of the value and the objectives of the war, peace must follow. Why do you think a country could be compelled not to follow that rule? Use the text to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
Clausewitz' work is divided in 8 Books. Why do you think Clausewitz chose to divide it in such a way? Do you think that division helps or detracts from the goal of the book?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)