Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
2. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
3. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
Essay Topic 1
How does Clausewitz see the foot soldier of the Prussian army? Use the social landscape of the 19th century to explain Clausewitz' views.
Essay Topic 2
Clausewitz says that all assumptions and information are open to doubt. Find and Explain Clausewitz' reasons for saying so. Do you think social elements clouded his judgment? Use the book and historical information to support your statements.
Essay Topic 3
What does Clausewitz say about officers in "On War"? Explain the contradiction of looking for the best officers, but only considering aristocrats for those positions and not from among the other 90% of the people. Use the text and secondary sources to support your statements.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)