|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Clausewitz' favorite enemy General?
2. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
3. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
4. What relationship does Clausewitz emphasize in Book 6, Chapter 2?
5. What part of the population does Clausewitz say have self sacrifice implanted in their psyche?
Essay Topic 1
Clausewitz says that adapting ones army to a new tactic is necessary to stay on the edge. Discuss how tactics changed since Clausewitz' time and how his book influenced military strategy.
Essay Topic 2
Clausewitz' work is divided in 8 Books. Why do you think Clausewitz chose to divide it in such a way? Do you think that division helps or detracts from the goal of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Clausewitz talks about the "military spirit." Define military spirit and explain how a man can develop it. Make sure to include the role of the society, parental circle and country in your answer.
This section contains 958 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)