Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
2. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
3. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What objectives will incidentally bring the enemy's collapse according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz think of physical and moral components of an army?
3. What is the focus of every nation according to Clausewitz?
4. What is the theatre of operation according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say about war strategy education?
6. What does Clausewitz say of the analysis of several battles at the same time?
7. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
8. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destruction of the enemy's forces"?
9. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him concerning the use of tactics by high ranking officers?
10. What does Clausewitz think of the concentration of forces?
How does Clausewitz see the foot soldier of the Prussian army? Use the social landscape of the 19th century to explain Clausewitz' views.
Clausewitz says that the result of war is never final. Analyze the wars in Europe for the 30 years prior to the writing of the book and explain why Clausewitz thinks that war is never final. Use the text to support your statements.
Clausewitz qualifies the power of resistance as the product of the total means at his disposal and the strength of his will. Which one is the most important in current asymmetrical war such as Afghanistan and Iraq?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)