|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them properly.
(b) Sending them home.
(c) Using them in a flank attack.
(d) Misusing them.
2. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(b) A large army.
(d) Good diplomacy.
3. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
(a) Light fortification.
(c) Heavy fortification.
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To stop writing and start teaching.
(b) To critique concepts by other authors.
(c) To demand a promotion for his work.
(d) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
5. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
(a) Good neighbors.
(c) War mongers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say is happening to Imperial expansion?
2. What does Clausewitz say will determine the character of the war?
3. What does the new political landscape contemporary to Clausewitz create for countries according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
5. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)