|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
(a) Public support.
(b) Media support.
(c) Financial support.
(d) Spousal support.
2. What general feeling should a good general give according to Clausewitz?
(b) Self confidence.
3. How does Clausewitz call the advantage a defense army has over an offensive army?
(a) Home court.
(b) The defense has no advantage.
(d) Too great to overcome.
4. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
5. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
(d) River bound.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
2. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
4. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
5. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)