|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the new political landscape contemporary to Clausewitz create for countries according to Clausewitz?
(a) Heightened sensitivity.
(b) Low sense of responsibility.
(c) High fear.
(d) Lower sensitivity.
2. What is Clausewitz disappointed about concerning imperial expansion?
(a) That travel does not go fast enough.
(b) That great generals cannot do their best for their country.
(c) That so many colonies are already taken.
(d) That defense is too weak in the colonies.
3. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
(a) When the enemy has a small army.
(b) When the enemy's general is incompetent.
(c) When the enemy is too slow to retreat.
(d) When the enemy goals are high enough to allow it.
4. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
(b) Heavy fortification.
(d) Light fortification.
5. What part of the population does Clausewitz say have self sacrifice implanted in their psyche?
(a) Merchants and politicians.
(b) Mothers, clerics and soldiers.
(d) Political leaders and clerics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz think of the way wars are usually fought?
3. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
4. What army did Clausewitz join to continue fighting his favorite enemy?
5. What building does Clausewitz says is highly desirable for an army to have during the first half of the 19th century?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)