|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is more important than acquiring territory according to Clausewitz?
(a) Spend as little money on war as possible.
(b) Retention of territory.
(c) Aquiring new technology.
(d) Aquiring resources.
2. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
(a) Political and military alike.
(b) Very specific.
3. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
(a) One army group at a time.
(b) On different fronts.
(c) In small groups.
4. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
(a) The mark of a genius.
(b) Good judgement.
(d) Counter productive.
5. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) It must be used on a wide front.
(b) It must be used in small group.
(c) It must be mobile.
(d) It must be concentrated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say will determine the character of the war?
3. What does Clausewitz call the area where military action occurs?
4. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
5. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the theatre of operation according to Clausewitz?
2. Why does Clausewitz say that there is a special relationship between attack and defense?
3. What does Clausewitz claim is not sought during military campaign?
4. What does Clausewitz say war often comes down to?
5. How does Clausewitz define defense?
6. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him concerning the use of tactics by high ranking officers?
7. According to Clausewitz, what is the majority of time spent on during war?
8. What does Clausewitz say of an army using the purely defensive mode?
9. What does Clausewitz say about the priorities in war?
10. What does Clausewitz says tempers his own view on the superiority of defense?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)