|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general rule does Clausewitz give concerning defense and attack?
(a) Attack is superior.
(b) General should adapt to the situation.
(c) Generals ususally prefer attacks.
(d) A particular general will be good at one or the other.
2. What topic appears in the last few chapters of On War?
(a) The use of large cavalry groups.
(b) The use of limited aims in war.
(c) The use of artillery techniques.
(d) Information gathering.
3. What does Clausewitz say the best soldiers, national leaders and generals have in common?
(a) They are good orators.
(b) They have clear goals.
(c) They have no fear.
(d) They have superior intelligence.
4. What does Clausewitz say defensive attitudes and position are for?
(a) For weak armies.
(b) For poorly equipped countries.
(c) To provide a base for future attacks.
(d) Self preservation.
5. Why would an ally stop its help according to Clausewitz?
(a) If the needs of the ally country is too great for them to fulfill.
(b) If the enemy invades.
(c) If other allies need their help.
(d) If the enemy bribes them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
2. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
4. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
5. When does no side get attacked, but still spend resources toward the war effort according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)