|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does no side get attacked, but still spend resources toward the war effort according to Clausewitz?
(a) When all sides are fearful.
(b) When all sides are in defensive mode.
(c) When all sides move their troops.
(d) When all sides attack an undefended province of the enemy.
2. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
3. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
(c) River bound.
4. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
(a) To allow troops rest so they can be rotated in the front line.
(b) To allow for the king to visit the troops.
(c) To protect the officers from retreating troops.
(d) To push for the final decision and counter unforeseen attacks.
5. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
(a) Good neighbors.
(b) War mongers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
2. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
4. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
5. What do nations usually focus on according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz claim is not sought during military campaign?
2. What does Clausewitz say about position and waiting?
3. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him concerning the use of tactics by high ranking officers?
4. What use of a small force does Clausewitz talk about in the book 8?
5. Why should one always keep a reserve according to Clausewitz?
6. What does Clausewitz' personal experiences teach him concerning war?
7. What does Clausewitz think of the concentration of forces?
8. How does Clausewitz define defense?
9. According to Clausewitz, what is the majority of time spent on during war?
10. What is war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)