|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say defensive attitudes and position are for?
(a) Self preservation.
(b) For weak armies.
(c) To provide a base for future attacks.
(d) For poorly equipped countries.
2. What can one do with a small force according to Clausewitz?
(b) Attack a small objective.
(c) Integrate it to a larger force.
(d) Use it as a scout.
3. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
(a) One successful surprise attack.
(b) Accurate firearms.
(c) A good General.
(d) Large number of cavalry.
4. What construction method does Clausewitz use as a metaphor for holding new territories?
(a) Concrete pouring.
(b) Wall building.
(c) Tile laying.
(d) Roof building.
5. What complements each method of defense according to Clausewitz in Book 5, Chapter 1?
(a) A perfect method of attack.
(b) A perfect general.
(c) A perfect defensive weapon.
(d) A perfect troop placement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Clausewitz give for the way the majority of the time in war is spent?
2. What does Clausewitz suggest be done with territories not immediately adjacent to one's country?
3. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
4. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the focus of every nation according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz claim is not sought during military campaign?
3. What is the theatre of operation according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say is necessary for the destruction of the enemy?
5. In what country did Clausewitz serve in the military?
6. What use of a small force does Clausewitz talk about in the book 8?
7. What is war according to Clausewitz?
8. What does Clausewitz think of the concentration of forces?
9. What does Clausewitz say war often comes down to?
10. Why did the Jews, in the example given by Clausewitz to illustrate his vision on holding terrain, not form a strong country?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)