|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) Height of the engagement.
(b) Culmination of the attack.
(c) The end of the struggle.
(d) The turning point.
2. What army did Clausewitz join to continue fighting his favorite enemy?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the way wars are usually fought?
(a) They are waged efficiently.
(b) They are waged half-heartedly.
(c) They are waged by military geniuses.
(d) They are fought to the last man.
4. What does Clausewitz say is happening to Imperial expansion?
(a) It is losing favor.
(b) It is doubling in intensity.
(c) It is becoming too expensive.
(d) Russia is entering the race for colonies.
5. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
(b) Very specific.
(d) Political and military alike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition of defense does Clausewitz give in Book 4, Chapter 1?
2. What general feeling should a good general give according to Clausewitz?
3. What building does Clausewitz says is highly desirable for an army to have during the first half of the 19th century?
4. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
5. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz argue are more prone to self-sacrifice?
2. What does Clausewitz say about holding on to conquered terrain?
3. What is the theatre of operation according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say of an army using the purely defensive mode?
5. In what country did Clausewitz serve in the military?
6. Why does Clausewitz say that there is a special relationship between attack and defense?
7. What does Clausewitz think of the concentration of forces?
8. What does Clausewitz say about the priorities in war?
9. What does Clausewitz says tempers his own view on the superiority of defense?
10. What is the focus of every nation according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)