|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
(b) Drop in morale.
2. What general feeling should a good general give according to Clausewitz?
(b) Self confidence.
3. What relationship does Clausewitz emphasize in Book 6, Chapter 2?
(a) Attack and defense.
(b) War and politics.
(c) War and peace.
(d) Diplomacy and army size.
4. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
(a) It is easy to do for a large army.
(b) They need to be adjacent to an attacker's normal theatre of operation.
(c) The country needs to appoint a governor as quickly as possible.
(d) Martial law is a necessity.
5. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
Short Answer Questions
1. What army did Clausewitz join to continue fighting his favorite enemy?
2. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
3. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
4. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
5. What is more important than acquiring territory according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about holding on to conquered terrain?
2. What use of a small force does Clausewitz talk about in the book 8?
3. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him concerning the use of tactics by high ranking officers?
4. What does Clausewitz say about position and waiting?
5. What is the focus of every nation according to Clausewitz?
6. In what country did Clausewitz serve in the military?
7. Why should one always keep a reserve according to Clausewitz?
8. What does Clausewitz say of an army using the purely defensive mode?
9. How does Clausewitz define defense?
10. What building does Clausewitz say is particularly important in military campaigns?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)