|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What general feeling should a good general give according to Clausewitz?
(d) Self confidence.
2. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
(a) Hatred from the enemy's population
(b) Separation in resources and delays in getting reinforcements.
(c) Loss of soldiers.
(d) Loss of morale.
3. What does Clausewitz call the "Spirit"?
(a) The energy of the soldiers en masse.
(b) The courage of the foot soldiers only.
(c) The aura of the commanding officer.
(d) The perspective of victory.
4. What general rule does Clausewitz give concerning defense and attack?
(a) General should adapt to the situation.
(b) Generals ususally prefer attacks.
(c) A particular general will be good at one or the other.
(d) Attack is superior.
5. What is, in a large part, intuitive according to Clausewitz?
(a) Effective military leadership.
(b) Joining another army.
(c) Fear and self-preservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, why were the Jewish tribes weak as a nation?
2. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
4. What relationship does Clausewitz emphasize in Book 6, Chapter 2?
5. What is more important than acquiring territory according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)