|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
2. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(a) Counter insurgency.
(b) Major Operations.
3. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It was true at the time.
(b) It was only true for infantry.
(c) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(d) It was the one and only.
4. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Small battles.
(b) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(c) Soldier mental breakdown.
(d) Foreigners among the ranks.
5. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile intentions alone.
(b) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(c) Hostile feelings alone.
(d) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
3. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
4. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of physical and moral components of an army?
2. What does Clausewitz think can bolster morale and cohesion in an army?
3. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
4. What didn't the invention of gun powder, advances in fire arms and the advance of civilization alter, according to Clausewitz?
5. What are the three separate activities necessary for warfare according to Clausewitz?
6. What objectives will incidentally bring the enemy's collapse according to Clausewitz?
7. What is just as important as physical fitness?
8. What is important to the soldiers of an army according to Clausewitz?
9. What are novices of war surprised to discover concerning tactics and strategy?
10. What does Clausewitz think of the time spent on the acquisition of knowledge?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)