|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) Preparatory guidance.
(b) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
(c) Time to reflect on their lives.
(d) A blueprint for war.
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People who don't care.
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to not try to fight you hard.
(b) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(c) Him to fight to the last man.
(d) Him to fight only one battle.
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad terrain.
(b) Bad commanders.
(c) Inexperienced soldiers.
(d) The situation not appearing as it is.
5. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The walking speed of the army.
(b) The canon's maker.
(c) Moral values.
(d) The breed of the horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think that the result of war is never final?
2. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him concerning the use of tactics by high ranking officers?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the concentration of forces?
4. Why does Clausewitz believe that the wars between civilized countries are less cruel and destructive than between savages?
5. What does Clausewitz say of the attack strength?
6. What is the theatre of operation according to Clausewitz?
7. What does Clausewitz think of the current theory on war?
8. According to Clausewitz, what is the majority of time spent on during war?
9. According to Clausewitz, what was initially considered the art of war by the first war theorists?
10. What is just as important as physical fitness?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)