|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army size.
(b) Moral values.
(d) Uncertainty of all information.
2. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) The results.
(b) The generals implementing it.
(c) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(d) The political gain of the emperor.
3. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is accurate.
(c) It is too much information.
(d) It is false.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) Moral values.
(b) The walking speed of the army.
(c) The breed of the horses.
(d) The canon's maker.
5. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who don't care.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
3. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
4. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
5. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the current theory on war?
2. What is important to the soldiers of an army according to Clausewitz?
3. What is just as important as physical fitness?
4. How does Clausewitz calculate the power of resistance of the enemy?
5. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
6. What human weakness does Clausewitz associate with poor information handling?
7. What are novices of war surprised to discover concerning tactics and strategy?
8. What motive to make war always exists according to Clausewitz?
9. What objectives will incidentally bring the enemy's collapse according to Clausewitz?
10. According to Clausewitz, what needs to be subdued to win a war?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)