|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) Preparatory guidance.
(b) Time to reflect on their lives.
(c) A blueprint for war.
(d) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
2. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
(a) Food rationing.
(b) Terrain and weather.
(c) Generals and commanders.
(d) Technology and culture.
3. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
(a) Because one cannot draw conclusions from an even smaller number of cases.
(b) Because it is easier to read.
(c) Because Napoleon's style was unique.
(d) Because there are not a lot of elements to study.
4. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Operations to try to occupy more land.
(c) Operations of political significance.
(d) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
5. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
2. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
4. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
5. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides military defeat, what does Clausewitz think are grounds for peace in a war?
2. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destruction of the enemy's forces"?
3. What does Clausewitz say about war strategy education?
4. What does Clausewitz think of the time spent on the acquisition of knowledge?
5. What does Clausewitz says about great commanders?
6. What is just as important as physical fitness?
7. What does Clausewitz think of military knowledge through books?
8. What motive to make war always exists according to Clausewitz?
9. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
10. According to Clausewitz, what needs to be subdued to win a war?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)