|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) On the spot.
(b) At the highest level.
(c) At low level.
(d) At mid level.
2. What does Clausewitz claim as a vital component of critical analysis?
(a) Be from an aristocratic family.
(b) Studying at 2 or more war colleges.
(c) Have a classical education.
(d) Investigation and evaluation of means used in warfare.
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(b) Him to fight only one battle.
(c) Him to fight to the last man.
(d) Him to not try to fight you hard.
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
(b) Learning under a good commander.
(d) Learning abroad.
5. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(b) Uncertainty of all information.
(c) Army size.
(d) Moral values.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
3. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
4. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Clausewitz calculate the power of resistance of the enemy?
2. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
3. What are the three separate activities necessary for warfare according to Clausewitz?
4. What type of men are best at dealing with friction according to Clausewitz and how are they found?
5. What human weakness does Clausewitz associate with poor information handling?
6. What objectives will incidentally bring the enemy's collapse according to Clausewitz?
7. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
8. What does Clausewitz think of military knowledge through books?
9. What does Clausewitz think can bolster morale and cohesion in an army?
10. Why does Clausewitz believe that the wars between civilized countries are less cruel and destructive than between savages?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)