|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
(a) The political object.
(b) The size of the army.
(c) The will of the generals in charge.
(d) The social object.
2. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
(b) To complain or sabotage.
(c) Submit to others.
(d) Take up arms against the country's enemies.
3. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
4. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) On the spot.
(b) At low level.
(c) At mid level.
(d) At the highest level.
5. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(c) Army size.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
2. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
3. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
4. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
5. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say is necessary for the destruction of the enemy?
2. What does Clausewitz think of physical and moral components of an army?
3. What human weakness does Clausewitz associate with poor information handling?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the priorities in war?
5. What does Clausewitz says tempers his own view on the superiority of defense?
6. What does Clausewitz say about geniuses and rules?
7. How does Clausewitz calculate the power of resistance of the enemy?
8. Why should one always keep a reserve according to Clausewitz?
9. What is the theatre of operation according to Clausewitz?
10. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)