|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
2. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) They do not have time to take prisoners.
(b) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
(c) They do not want to waste bullets.
(d) It is against the Geneva Convention.
3. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(b) Small battles.
(c) Soldier mental breakdown.
(d) Foreigners among the ranks.
4. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Scholars are usually among them.
(b) They are very rare.
(c) They will show up when they are needed.
(d) Military genius.
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(b) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(c) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(d) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
3. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
5. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is just as important as physical fitness?
2. What does Clausewitz say about geniuses and rules?
3. What objectives will incidentally bring the enemy's collapse according to Clausewitz?
4. What is the difference between strategy and tactics according to Clausewitz?
5. What are the three separate activities necessary for warfare according to Clausewitz?
6. What is important to the soldiers of an army according to Clausewitz?
7. What does Clausewitz think of the influence of army numbers in war?
8. What does Clausewitz think of military knowledge through books?
9. What is friction according to Clausewitz?
10. Why does Clausewitz think that the result of war is never final?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)