|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Uncertainty of all information.
(b) Army size.
(d) Moral values.
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(b) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(c) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
(d) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
3. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In sieges war.
(b) In European wars.
(c) In 745.
(d) With archery.
4. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
(a) Because there are not a lot of elements to study.
(b) Because one cannot draw conclusions from an even smaller number of cases.
(c) Because it is easier to read.
(d) Because Napoleon's style was unique.
5. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Establishment of an army.
(b) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
(c) Tactical mastery.
(d) Strategic mastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
2. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
3. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
4. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
Short Essay Questions
1. What human weakness does Clausewitz associate with poor information handling?
2. What do officers have to cultivate and why according to Clausewitz?
3. What motive to make war always exists according to Clausewitz?
4. What is the difference between strategy and tactics according to Clausewitz?
5. Besides military defeat, what does Clausewitz think are grounds for peace in a war?
6. What does Clausewitz think of military knowledge through books?
7. What does Clausewitz say of the analysis of several battles at the same time?
8. What does Clausewitz think of physical and moral components of an army?
9. According to Clausewitz, what needs to be subdued to win a war?
10. What are the three separate activities necessary for warfare according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)