|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(c) Army size.
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Get a better army.
(c) Disarm the enemy.
(d) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a ready to publish version.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a rough draft.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
4. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(b) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(c) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(d) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is too much information.
(c) It is not gathered fast enough.
(d) It is false.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
2. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
4. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
5. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says about great commanders?
2. What is important to the soldiers of an army according to Clausewitz?
3. What didn't the invention of gun powder, advances in fire arms and the advance of civilization alter, according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about geniuses and rules?
5. What is the difference between strategy and tactics according to Clausewitz?
6. What is strategy, according to Clausewitz?
7. How does Clausewitz calculate the power of resistance of the enemy?
8. What virtue does Clausewitz think are most imperative to a commander?
9. What does Clausewitz think of the current theory on war?
10. What type of men are best at dealing with friction according to Clausewitz and how are they found?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)