Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their academic training.
(b) Because they read a draft of the book.
(c) Because of their faith.
(d) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
2. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Good learners.
(b) Scholarly personnel.
(d) Smart people.
3. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
4. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(b) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(c) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(d) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
5. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(b) The political gain of the emperor.
(c) The generals implementing it.
(d) The results.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
2. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
3. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
4. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What human weakness does Clausewitz associate with poor information handling?
2. Why does Clausewitz say that there is a special relationship between attack and defense?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the influence of army numbers in war?
4. What does Clausewitz say about holding on to conquered terrain?
5. According to Clausewitz, what needs to be subdued to win a war?
6. What is important to the soldiers of an army according to Clausewitz?
7. What are the three separate activities necessary for warfare according to Clausewitz?
8. What use of a small force does Clausewitz talk about in the book 8?
9. Why should one always keep a reserve according to Clausewitz?
10. What virtue does Clausewitz think are most imperative to a commander?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)