|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(b) It was true at the time.
(c) It was only true for infantry.
(d) It was the one and only.
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(b) Small battles.
(c) Foreigners among the ranks.
(d) Soldier mental breakdown.
3. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Arrow making and archery.
(b) Cow breeding and cultivation.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Cultivation and eating.
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their experience.
(b) Their personal interest.
(c) Their state of mind.
(d) Their location.
5. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
(b) Time to reflect on their lives.
(c) A blueprint for war.
(d) Preparatory guidance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
3. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think that the result of war is never final?
2. What are novices of war surprised to discover concerning tactics and strategy?
3. What does Clausewitz say about the priorities in war?
4. Why does Clausewitz believe that the wars between civilized countries are less cruel and destructive than between savages?
5. What is just as important as physical fitness?
6. What does Clausewitz think of the concentration of forces?
7. What are the three separate activities necessary for warfare according to Clausewitz?
8. Besides military defeat, what does Clausewitz think are grounds for peace in a war?
9. What use of a small force does Clausewitz talk about in the book 8?
10. What does Clausewitz say of the attack strength?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)