|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Cultivation and eating.
(b) Cow breeding and cultivation.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Arrow making and archery.
2. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Establishment of an army.
(b) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
(c) Strategic mastery.
(d) Tactical mastery.
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To clear the way for an invasion.
(b) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
(c) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(d) To win the battle.
4. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a rough draft.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
(d) As a ready to publish version.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
4. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
5. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the difference between strategy and tactics according to Clausewitz?
2. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
3. What is just as important as physical fitness?
4. What didn't the invention of gun powder, advances in fire arms and the advance of civilization alter, according to Clausewitz?
5. What motive to make war always exists according to Clausewitz?
6. What does Clausewitz thinks of the relative strength of attack and defense?
7. What does Clausewitz think of physical and moral components of an army?
8. What does Clausewitz think of military knowledge through books?
9. What type of men are best at dealing with friction according to Clausewitz and how are they found?
10. What does Clausewitz say about war strategy education?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)