|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(b) They try to match them.
(c) They exploit them.
(d) They try to ignore them.
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They go beyond established rules.
(b) They follow established rules.
(c) They go ahead without planning.
(d) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
3. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(b) Something that makes no difference.
(c) The second requirement.
(d) The first requirement.
5. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A large army is less prone to it.
(b) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(c) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
3. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
4. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
5. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of physical and moral components of an army?
2. What does Clausewitz think of the influence of army numbers in war?
3. Besides military defeat, what does Clausewitz think are grounds for peace in a war?
4. What virtue does Clausewitz think are most imperative to a commander?
5. What objectives will incidentally bring the enemy's collapse according to Clausewitz?
6. What does Clausewitz think of military knowledge through books?
7. What type of men are best at dealing with friction according to Clausewitz and how are they found?
8. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destruction of the enemy's forces"?
9. Why does Clausewitz think it is impossible for every soldier to have a degree of military genius?
10. What does Clausewitz think can bolster morale and cohesion in an army?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)