|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz call part of a full scope war that sees several tactical engagements in Book 5, Chapter 2?
(a) Small wars.
(b) Military campaigns.
(d) Engagements groups.
2. What do nations usually focus on according to Clausewitz?
(a) Its own interests.
(b) Creation of a large army.
(c) Accumulation of riches.
(d) Land acquisition.
3. What construction method does Clausewitz use as a metaphor for holding new territories?
(a) Tile laying.
(b) Wall building.
(c) Roof building.
(d) Concrete pouring.
4. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
(a) An attack targeting a specific location.
(b) An attack driving deep into enemy territory.
(c) An attack targeting the capital.
(d) An attack targeting the border lands.
5. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The tactical portion.
(b) The unimportant portion.
(c) The small portion.
(d) The easy portion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
3. What does Clausewitz suggest be done with territories not immediately adjacent to one's country?
4. How many activities does Clausewitz say strategic methods consist of?
5. What topic appears in the last few chapters of On War?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)