|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
(a) A counter attack.
(b) Reinforcing the defensive position.
2. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) If he his still active.
(b) How much he has been worn down by war.
(c) How much money he made during the war.
(d) His country of origin.
3. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
(a) Being large.
(b) Being unprotected.
(c) Defeating enemies.
(d) Being weak.
4. What is, in a large part, intuitive according to Clausewitz?
(a) Fear and self-preservation.
(c) Effective military leadership.
(d) Joining another army.
5. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Troop movement.
(d) Troop buildup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
4. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)