|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) As a necessity for the economy.
(b) As a one time event that politicians cannot control.
(c) As a way for generals to fight boredom.
(d) As a continuation of policy by other means.
2. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In European wars.
(b) In sieges war.
(c) In 745.
(d) With archery.
3. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
(a) In small groups.
(b) On different fronts.
(d) One army group at a time.
4. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(b) A large army.
(c) Good diplomacy.
5. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Operations of political significance.
(d) Operations to try to occupy more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
3. How many activities does Clausewitz say strategic methods consist of?
4. What can one do with a small force according to Clausewitz?
5. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)