|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
(a) Food rationing.
(b) Terrain and weather.
(c) Generals and commanders.
(d) Technology and culture.
2. What is required to achieve the destruction of the enemy according to Clausewitz in Book 6, Chapter 1?
(a) Good diplomacy.
(c) A large army.
3. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Order and agression.
(b) Restraint and discipline.
(c) Killing the enemy and coming back alive.
(d) Fighting injustice.
4. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
(a) It is pro Prussian.
(b) It is poor.
(c) It is good.
(d) it is pro French.
5. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It always brings victory.
(c) It is a sign of genius.
(d) It is a fault of character.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
2. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
3. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
5. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)