|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(b) A large army is less prone to it.
(c) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
2. What army did Clausewitz join to continue fighting his favorite enemy?
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To clear the way for an invasion.
(b) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(c) To win the battle.
(d) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
4. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
5. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Misusing them.
(b) Sending them home.
(c) Using them properly.
(d) Using them in a flank attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
2. What does the old political landscape permit according to Clausewitz?
3. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)