|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
(b) Very specific.
(d) Political and military alike.
2. What is, in a large part, intuitive according to Clausewitz?
(a) Effective military leadership.
(b) Joining another army.
(c) Fear and self-preservation.
3. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
(a) Critical analysis.
(b) A military mind.
(c) Good academic bases.
(d) His books.
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) If he his still active.
(b) How much he has been worn down by war.
(c) His country of origin.
(d) How much money he made during the war.
5. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(b) To prevent the military from taking power.
(c) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(d) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
3. What part of the population does Clausewitz say have self sacrifice implanted in their psyche?
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
5. According to Clausewitz, why were the Jewish tribes weak as a nation?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)