|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The war plan used.
(b) The size of the army.
(c) The training of the soldiers.
(d) The skills of the commander.
2. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
(a) Political and military alike.
(b) Very specific.
3. What does Clausewitz call the area where military action occurs?
(a) The theatre of operations.
(b) The battlefield.
(c) The field of battle.
(d) The operating area.
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their state of mind.
(b) Their experience.
(c) Their location.
(d) Their personal interest.
5. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A large army is less prone to it.
(b) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(c) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
3. What army did Clausewitz join to continue fighting his favorite enemy?
4. What definition of defense does Clausewitz give in Book 4, Chapter 1?
5. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)