|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their faith.
(b) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
2. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations of political significance.
(b) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Operations to try to occupy more land.
3. What construction method does Clausewitz use as a metaphor for holding new territories?
(a) Wall building.
(b) Concrete pouring.
(c) Roof building.
(d) Tile laying.
4. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
(a) Light fortification.
(d) Heavy fortification.
5. What does Clausewitz think of the way wars are usually fought?
(a) They are waged half-heartedly.
(b) They are waged by military geniuses.
(c) They are fought to the last man.
(d) They are waged efficiently.
Short Answer Questions
1. What relationship does Clausewitz emphasize in Book 6, Chapter 2?
2. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
3. Who does Clausewitz say attacked Prussia twice 20 years ago?
4. What does Clausewitz call the "Spirit"?
5. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)