|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
(a) Political leaders should not draw conclusions.
(b) They draw conclusions without sufficient information.
(c) They draw good conclusions if they are smart.
(d) Only military generals should draw conclusions on military. matters
2. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Uncertainty of all information.
(b) Moral values.
(c) Army size.
3. What part of the population does Clausewitz say have self sacrifice implanted in their psyche?
(a) Political leaders and clerics.
(b) Merchants and politicians.
(c) Mothers, clerics and soldiers.
4. Who is Clausewitz' favorite enemy General?
(c) Frederick the Great.
5. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(b) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(c) His early death.
(d) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
3. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
4. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)