|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Attack and counter attack.
(d) Troop placement.
2. What do nations usually focus on according to Clausewitz?
(a) Its own interests.
(b) Accumulation of riches.
(c) Land acquisition.
(d) Creation of a large army.
3. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The war plan used.
(b) The skills of the commander.
(c) The training of the soldiers.
(d) The size of the army.
4. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
(b) Preparatory guidance.
(c) A blueprint for war.
(d) Time to reflect on their lives.
5. What complements each method of defense according to Clausewitz in Book 5, Chapter 1?
(a) A perfect general.
(b) A perfect method of attack.
(c) A perfect troop placement.
(d) A perfect defensive weapon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of situation are high level leaders expected to oversee according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
3. How does Clausewitz call the advantage a defense army has over an offensive army?
4. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
5. What does Clausewitz say would be the message sent by an army taking a castle, burning the fields, dispersing the livestock and then retreating?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)