|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
(b) To prevent the military from taking power.
(c) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(d) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
2. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
(a) Cleaning weapons.
(c) Fighting battles.
(d) Training and exercising.
3. What does Clausewitz say the best soldiers, national leaders and generals have in common?
(a) They have superior intelligence.
(b) They are good orators.
(c) They have no fear.
(d) They have clear goals.
4. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) It is not very long.
(b) It will be missed.
(c) It is well spent.
(d) It is too long.
5. What does Clausewitz claim as a vital component of critical analysis?
(a) Studying at 2 or more war colleges.
(b) Have a classical education.
(c) Be from an aristocratic family.
(d) Investigation and evaluation of means used in warfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
2. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
4. What is more important than acquiring territory according to Clausewitz?
5. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)