|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Numerical superiority.
(b) Superiority of archery.
(c) Superiority of infantry.
(d) Superiority of cavalry.
2. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much money he made during the war.
(b) How much he has been worn down by war.
(c) If he his still active.
(d) His country of origin.
3. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) A conclusion.
(b) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(c) An independent book in the series.
(d) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
4. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
(a) Critical analysis.
(b) His books.
(c) Good academic bases.
(d) A military mind.
5. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(b) People who don't care.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People with an iron will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
2. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Clausewitz say the best soldiers, national leaders and generals have in common?
5. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)