|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz compare countries who send soldiers to help allies to?
(c) Good neighbors.
(d) War mongers.
2. What does Clausewitz say the best soldiers, national leaders and generals have in common?
(a) They are good orators.
(b) They have superior intelligence.
(c) They have clear goals.
(d) They have no fear.
3. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(b) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(c) To prevent the military from taking power.
(d) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) The military.
(d) The unintelligent.
5. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(b) Bad intelligence officers.
(d) Low self esteem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say will determine the character of the war?
2. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
3. What do nations usually focus on according to Clausewitz?
4. What does the old political landscape permit according to Clausewitz?
5. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)