|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People who don't care.
2. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Eliminate error.
(b) Pick good intelligence officers.
(c) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(d) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
3. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them properly.
(b) Misusing them.
(c) Using them in a flank attack.
(d) Sending them home.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The walking speed of the army.
(b) Moral values.
(c) The breed of the horses.
(d) The canon's maker.
5. What does Clausewitz say would be the message sent by an army taking a castle, burning the fields, dispersing the livestock and then retreating?
(a) One army is punishing the other.
(b) The people around the castle were too weak.
(c) The cattle was host to disease.
(d) One army does not have a good military plans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
3. What is, in a large part, intuitive according to Clausewitz?
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
5. What does Clausewitz call the "Spirit"?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)