|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
(a) The execution of war.
(b) The preparation of war.
(c) Assault on fortified positions.
(d) Training of generals.
2. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Scholarly personnel.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Good learners.
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to fight only one battle.
(b) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(c) Him to fight to the last man.
(d) Him to not try to fight you hard.
5. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
(a) Learning abroad.
(d) Learning under a good commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz claim as a vital component of critical analysis?
2. What is necessary to make theoretical sense of actual events according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
4. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him about war and their similarities?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)