|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
2. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(b) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(c) Bribes of his allies.
(d) Food and camp expenses.
3. According to Clausewitz, why were the Jewish tribes weak as a nation?
(a) They had poor weapons.
(b) They didn't have a large army.
(c) They were physically separated from each other.
(d) They didn't have enough water.
4. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
(a) Make a good decision.
(b) Trace effects back to its causes.
(c) See the consequences of an action.
(d) Send units on suicide missions.
5. What is Clausewitz disappointed about concerning imperial expansion?
(a) That great generals cannot do their best for their country.
(b) That travel does not go fast enough.
(c) That defense is too weak in the colonies.
(d) That so many colonies are already taken.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say is happening to Imperial expansion?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
4. What possibility does a good defensive position offer the general in charge according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)