|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, 'Book 8 : War Plans' : Chapter 2, The Instrument of Policy Seeks Limited Aims.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz say attacked Prussia twice 20 years ago?
2. What can one do with a small force according to Clausewitz?
(a) Attack a small objective.
(b) Integrate it to a larger force.
(c) Use it as a scout.
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(b) Him to not try to fight you hard.
(c) Him to fight only one battle.
(d) Him to fight to the last man.
4. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
(c) Attack and counter attack.
(d) Troop placement.
5. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(b) It was true at the time.
(c) It was the one and only.
(d) It was only true for infantry.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
2. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz' experience teach him about war and their similarities?
4. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
5. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)