|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
(a) Cleaning weapons.
(b) Fighting battles.
(d) Training and exercising.
2. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(c) His early death.
(d) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
3. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
(a) Submit to others.
(c) To complain or sabotage.
(d) Take up arms against the country's enemies.
4. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It matters.
(b) It does not matter.
(c) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
(d) It must be near the front line.
5. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(b) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
(c) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(d) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
2. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
3. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
5. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)