|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(b) Moral values.
(c) Army size.
(d) Uncertainty of all information.
2. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(b) A large army is less prone to it.
(c) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
(d) It should be mastered by soldiers.
3. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
(a) An attack driving deep into enemy territory.
(b) An attack targeting the border lands.
(c) An attack targeting a specific location.
(d) An attack targeting the capital.
4. When does no side get attacked, but still spend resources toward the war effort according to Clausewitz?
(a) When all sides are in defensive mode.
(b) When all sides move their troops.
(c) When all sides are fearful.
(d) When all sides attack an undefended province of the enemy.
5. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) Height of the engagement.
(b) The end of the struggle.
(c) The turning point.
(d) Culmination of the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
3. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
4. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
5. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)