|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Get a better army.
(b) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(c) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Disarm the enemy.
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad commanders.
(b) Bad terrain.
(c) Inexperienced soldiers.
(d) The situation not appearing as it is.
3. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
4. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As being plunged in darkness.
(b) As the first step toward real manhood.
(c) As an eye opening experience.
(d) As a good life lesson.
5. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
(a) Being weak.
(b) Being unprotected.
(c) Being large.
(d) Defeating enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
2. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
3. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
4. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
5. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)