|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(a) Barely effective.
(b) Effective fighting forces.
(d) Sending one wave after the other.
2. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) His early death.
(d) The invention of the Gatling gun.
3. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Self defense.
(b) Destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Take the enemy's capital.
(d) Cut the enemy's supply route.
4. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As an eye opening experience.
(b) As a good life lesson.
(c) As being plunged in darkness.
(d) As the first step toward real manhood.
5. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
(b) Fighting battles.
(c) Training and exercising.
(d) Cleaning weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
2. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
4. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
5. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)