|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) The second requirement.
(b) The first requirement.
(c) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(d) Something that makes no difference.
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(a) Barely effective.
(b) Effective fighting forces.
(d) Sending one wave after the other.
4. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(c) Army size.
5. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Young, fit officers.
(b) Experienced soldiers.
(c) Good physical health.
(d) Good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
2. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
3. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
4. What does Clausewitz call the "Spirit"?
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)