|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It was only true for infantry.
(b) It was the one and only.
(c) It was true at the time.
(d) It wouldn't stand to reality.
2. What general rule does Clausewitz give concerning defense and attack?
(a) Attack is superior.
(b) General should adapt to the situation.
(c) A particular general will be good at one or the other.
(d) Generals ususally prefer attacks.
3. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
(a) The conduct of war.
(b) Army building.
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) Something that makes no difference.
(b) The first requirement.
(c) The second requirement.
(d) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a rough draft.
(b) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
(c) As a ready to publish version.
(d) As being stolen from another author.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
2. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
3. What does Clausewitz warn the reader not to do in regards to the description of strategic maneuvers?
4. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
5. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)