|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
(c) Leave the country.
2. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
(a) An attack targeting the capital.
(b) An attack targeting the border lands.
(c) An attack targeting a specific location.
(d) An attack driving deep into enemy territory.
3. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
(a) Casual force.
(c) Tactical mastery.
4. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(a) Major Operations.
(b) Counter insurgency.
5. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
(a) It is pro Prussian.
(b) it is pro French.
(c) It is good.
(d) It is poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
2. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)