|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
2. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
3. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Simple and changeable.
(b) Complex and strict.
(c) Complex and changeable.
(d) Simple and strict.
4. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(a) Effective fighting forces.
(b) Sending one wave after the other.
(c) Barely effective.
5. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
(a) See the consequences of an action.
(b) Trace effects back to its causes.
(c) Make a good decision.
(d) Send units on suicide missions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
2. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
3. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
4. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
5. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)