|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz call the "Spirit"?
(a) The aura of the commanding officer.
(b) The perspective of victory.
(c) The courage of the foot soldiers only.
(d) The energy of the soldiers en masse.
2. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Misusing them.
(b) Using them in a flank attack.
(c) Using them properly.
(d) Sending them home.
3. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
(b) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(c) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(d) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
4. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(b) It was true at the time.
(c) It was only true for infantry.
(d) It was the one and only.
5. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
(c) Troop movement.
(d) Troop buildup.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
2. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
5. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)