|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(b) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
(c) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(d) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
2. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
(a) Reflections on the events of war.
(b) The creation of war colleges.
(c) The need to sell more books.
(d) The need to train more efficient Generals.
3. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
(a) Stays the same.
(c) Balance themselves.
4. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
5. What does Clausewitz call the "Spirit"?
(a) The aura of the commanding officer.
(b) The energy of the soldiers en masse.
(c) The perspective of victory.
(d) The courage of the foot soldiers only.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
3. What complements each method of defense according to Clausewitz in Book 5, Chapter 1?
4. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)