|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
2. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(b) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(c) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(d) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
3. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In sieges war.
(b) In 745.
(c) In European wars.
(d) With archery.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The breed of the horses.
(b) The walking speed of the army.
(c) The canon's maker.
(d) Moral values.
5. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(b) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(c) When the enemy is an economical power.
(d) When the enemy is a salvage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
2. What reason does Clausewitz give for the way the majority of the time in war is spent?
3. What definition of defense does Clausewitz give in Book 4, Chapter 1?
4. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
5. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)