|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
(a) Martial law is a necessity.
(b) It is easy to do for a large army.
(c) They need to be adjacent to an attacker's normal theatre of operation.
(d) The country needs to appoint a governor as quickly as possible.
2. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
(a) A counter attack.
(b) Reinforcing the defensive position.
3. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) They do not have time to take prisoners.
(b) They do not want to waste bullets.
(c) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(d) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
4. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
(a) The weapons.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The government.
(d) The aims.
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The size of the country.
(b) The goal of the war.
(c) The will of the generals.
(d) The country economical power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
2. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
3. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
5. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)