|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
2. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The setting up of the army.
(b) The thinking prior to battle.
(c) The supply line safety.
(d) The use of engagements.
3. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
(c) Drop in morale.
4. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them properly.
(b) Using them in a flank attack.
(c) Misusing them.
(d) Sending them home.
5. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(d) Army size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
2. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
3. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
5. What type of engagement does Clausewitz say has a superior value?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)