|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
(b) Tactical mastery.
(c) Establishment of an army.
(d) Strategic mastery.
2. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their academic training.
(b) Because of their faith.
(c) Because they read a draft of the book.
(d) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
3. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
(a) Trace effects back to its causes.
(b) Make a good decision.
(c) Send units on suicide missions.
(d) See the consequences of an action.
4. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To clear the way for an invasion.
(b) To win the battle.
(c) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(d) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
5. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
(a) Engagement is the only effective means of war.
(b) Commanding officers are paramount to any army.
(c) Engagement is a sign of a weak commander.
(d) Cavalry cannot be defeated.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
2. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
3. What possibility does a good defensive position offer the general in charge according to Clausewitz?
4. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
5. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)