|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
2. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Their condition.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
3. What does Clausewitz claim as a vital component of critical analysis?
(a) Be from an aristocratic family.
(b) Investigation and evaluation of means used in warfare.
(c) Have a classical education.
(d) Studying at 2 or more war colleges.
4. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(b) Pick good intelligence officers.
(c) Eliminate error.
(d) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The size of the country.
(b) The country economical power.
(c) The goal of the war.
(d) The will of the generals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
2. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
3. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
4. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
5. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)