|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
(a) In small groups.
(b) One army group at a time.
(d) On different fronts.
2. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
(a) To allow for the king to visit the troops.
(b) To allow troops rest so they can be rotated in the front line.
(c) To push for the final decision and counter unforeseen attacks.
(d) To protect the officers from retreating troops.
3. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
(a) An attack targeting the capital.
(b) An attack driving deep into enemy territory.
(c) An attack targeting the border lands.
(d) An attack targeting a specific location.
4. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them properly.
(b) Using them in a flank attack.
(c) Sending them home.
(d) Misusing them.
5. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
(a) His rank.
(b) His age.
(c) His country.
(d) His gender.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
2. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
5. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)