|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(b) Pick good intelligence officers.
(c) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(d) Eliminate error.
2. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(b) When the enemy is an economical power.
(c) When the enemy is a salvage.
(d) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
3. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Good learners.
(b) Scholarly personnel.
(d) Smart people.
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their personal interest.
(b) Their experience.
(c) Their location.
(d) Their state of mind.
5. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
(c) Heavy fortification.
(d) Light fortification.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
2. How does Clausewitz call the advantage a defense army has over an offensive army?
3. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
4. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
5. What does Clausewitz say the best soldiers, national leaders and generals have in common?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)