|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) Its importance is increasing.
(c) Its importance is decreasing.
(d) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Foreigners among the ranks.
(b) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(c) Soldier mental breakdown.
(d) Small battles.
3. What possibility does a good defensive position offer the general in charge according to Clausewitz?
(a) To rest the troops.
(b) To retreat quickly.
(c) To wait for the enemy indefinitely.
(d) To launch a powerful offensive.
4. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
5. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(b) Because of their academic training.
(c) Because they read a draft of the book.
(d) Because of their faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
3. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
4. What does Clausewitz call the area where military action occurs?
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)