|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
2. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
(a) it is pro French.
(b) It is good.
(c) It is poor.
(d) It is pro Prussian.
3. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(b) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(c) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(d) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
4. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The skills of the commander.
(b) The war plan used.
(c) The size of the army.
(d) The training of the soldiers.
5. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
(a) They didn't care about war.
(b) They wanted to reach a set of sure and positive conclusion.
(c) They wanted the theory to be easily taught.
(d) They were mathematicians.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz warn the reader not to do in regards to the description of strategic maneuvers?
2. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
3. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
5. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)