|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile intentions alone.
(b) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(c) Hostile feelings alone.
(d) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
2. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
(b) To clear the way for an invasion.
(c) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(d) To win the battle.
4. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(b) They go beyond established rules.
(c) They go ahead without planning.
(d) They follow established rules.
5. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
3. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)