|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz call the advantage a defense army has over an offensive army?
(a) The defense has no advantage.
(c) Home court.
(d) Too great to overcome.
2. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are more cruel and destructive.
(b) They are the same.
(c) They are less cruel and destructive.
(d) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
3. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
(a) To complain or sabotage.
(c) Take up arms against the country's enemies.
(d) Submit to others.
4. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
(a) Reflections on the events of war.
(b) The need to train more efficient Generals.
(c) The creation of war colleges.
(d) The need to sell more books.
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Young officers.
(b) Poorly trained soldiers.
(c) The inexperienced and followers.
(d) Married soldiers and the sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
3. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
4. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)