|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What possibility does a good defensive position offer the general in charge according to Clausewitz?
(a) To rest the troops.
(b) To wait for the enemy indefinitely.
(c) To launch a powerful offensive.
(d) To retreat quickly.
2. What reason does Clausewitz give for the way the majority of the time in war is spent?
(a) To set up defenses.
(b) The strategy demands it.
(c) To rest the troops.
(d) To move the troops from one battlefield to the other.
3. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
(b) Training and exercising.
(c) Cleaning weapons.
(d) Fighting battles.
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) The second requirement.
(b) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(c) The first requirement.
(d) Something that makes no difference.
5. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
(a) To complain or sabotage.
(b) Submit to others.
(c) Take up arms against the country's enemies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What general rule does Clausewitz give concerning defense and attack?
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
3. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
4. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
5. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)