|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Self defense.
(b) Take the enemy's capital.
(c) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(d) Destroy the enemy's army.
2. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
(d) River bound.
3. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
(b) Tactical mastery.
(c) Establishment of an army.
(d) Strategic mastery.
4. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
(d) Drop in morale.
5. What does Clausewitz call the area where military action occurs?
(a) The battlefield.
(b) The operating area.
(c) The field of battle.
(d) The theatre of operations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
3. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
5. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)