|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army size.
(c) Moral values.
(d) Uncertainty of all information.
2. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Simple and strict.
(b) Simple and changeable.
(c) Complex and strict.
(d) Complex and changeable.
3. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy is an economical power.
(b) When the enemy is a salvage.
(c) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(d) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
4. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The skills of the commander.
(b) The training of the soldiers.
(c) The war plan used.
(d) The size of the army.
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They exploit them.
(b) They try to match them.
(c) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(d) They try to ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
2. What does Clausewitz call the area where military action occurs?
3. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
4. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
5. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)