|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(b) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(c) When the enemy is a salvage.
(d) When the enemy is an economical power.
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) His early death.
(c) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(d) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
4. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
(a) Counter productive.
(b) Good judgement.
(d) The mark of a genius.
5. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Not applicable.
(d) Difficult to understand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
2. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
3. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
5. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)