|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
2. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
(b) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(c) To prevent the military from taking power.
(d) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
3. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
(a) In attack.
(b) In tactic.
(c) In strategy.
(d) In defense.
4. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
(d) River bound.
5. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
2. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
3. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)