|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
2. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
3. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is a sign of genius.
(c) It is a fault of character.
(d) It always brings victory.
4. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Numerical superiority.
(b) Superiority of archery.
(c) Superiority of cavalry.
(d) Superiority of infantry.
5. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(b) Hostile intentions alone.
(c) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
(d) Hostile feelings alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
4. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
5. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)