|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
2. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(b) The fog of war.
(c) Bad terrain.
(d) Over confidence.
3. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
(a) To copy their style.
(b) To improve critical analysis skills.
(c) To improve reading skills.
(d) To counter their style more effectively.
4. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
(a) The aims.
(b) The government.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The weapons.
5. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
(c) Troop buildup.
(d) Troop movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
2. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
3. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
4. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
5. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)