|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(b) When the enemy is an economical power.
(c) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(d) When the enemy is a salvage.
2. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To critique concepts by other authors.
(b) To demand a promotion for his work.
(c) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(d) To stop writing and start teaching.
3. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(b) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
(c) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(d) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) His country of origin.
(b) How much money he made during the war.
(c) How much he has been worn down by war.
(d) If he his still active.
5. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
3. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
4. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
5. What reason does Clausewitz give for the way the majority of the time in war is spent?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)