|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The size of the country.
(b) The country economical power.
(c) The goal of the war.
(d) The will of the generals.
2. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) It is not very long.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It will be missed.
(d) It is well spent.
3. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) As a continuation of policy by other means.
(b) As a one time event that politicians cannot control.
(c) As a necessity for the economy.
(d) As a way for generals to fight boredom.
4. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Order and agression.
(b) Fighting injustice.
(c) Restraint and discipline.
(d) Killing the enemy and coming back alive.
5. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Cultivation and eating.
(b) Cow breeding and cultivation.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Arrow making and archery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
2. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
3. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
4. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
5. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)