|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It is a fault of character.
(c) It always brings victory.
(d) It is necessary.
2. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
(b) Its importance is decreasing.
(c) It does not matter.
(d) Its importance is increasing.
3. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
(a) In defense.
(b) In tactic.
(c) In strategy.
(d) In attack.
4. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Whether or not they are married.
(b) Their condition.
(c) Their rank.
(d) When they were discharged.
5. What general rule does Clausewitz give concerning defense and attack?
(a) General should adapt to the situation.
(b) Generals ususally prefer attacks.
(c) A particular general will be good at one or the other.
(d) Attack is superior.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
2. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
5. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)