|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Cultivation and eating.
(b) Arrow making and archery.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Cow breeding and cultivation.
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(b) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(c) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(d) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
3. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
(a) His gender.
(b) His rank.
(c) His country.
(d) His age.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The breed of the horses.
(b) The walking speed of the army.
(c) Moral values.
(d) The canon's maker.
5. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
2. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
3. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
4. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
5. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)