|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The setting up of the army.
(b) The thinking prior to battle.
(c) The supply line safety.
(d) The use of engagements.
2. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(b) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
(c) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(d) To defeat his allies and take his women.
3. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(b) His early death.
(c) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(d) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
4. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
(a) His age.
(b) His country.
(c) His gender.
(d) His rank.
5. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
2. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
3. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
4. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
5. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)