|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Complex and changeable.
(b) Simple and changeable.
(c) Simple and strict.
(d) Complex and strict.
2. What definition of defense does Clausewitz give in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) To block the enemy's advances without loss of life.
(b) To successfully not get hit even when another tried to hit you.
(c) To attack first and destroy the enemy totally.
(d) To build fortifications that cannot be broken.
3. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
(a) Learning under a good commander.
(b) Learning abroad.
4. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
(a) Leave the country.
5. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The size of the army.
(b) The training of the soldiers.
(c) The skills of the commander.
(d) The war plan used.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
3. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
4. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)