|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(b) Hostile feelings alone.
(c) Hostile intentions alone.
(d) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
2. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
(a) Drop in morale.
3. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(b) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(c) A large army is less prone to it.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
4. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(b) Eliminate error.
(c) Pick good intelligence officers.
(d) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
5. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Military genius.
(b) They will show up when they are needed.
(c) Scholars are usually among them.
(d) They are very rare.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
3. What definition of defense does Clausewitz give in Book 4, Chapter 1?
4. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
5. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)