|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
(a) Put the enemy's forces in a condition so they can no longer fight.
(b) Capturing the commanding officers of the enemy.
(c) Physically destroying all of the enemies forces.
(d) Destroying the enemy's reputation.
2. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much he has been worn down by war.
(b) How much money he made during the war.
(c) His country of origin.
(d) If he his still active.
3. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
(b) Establishment of an army.
(c) Strategic mastery.
(d) Tactical mastery.
4. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(d) Army size.
5. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
(a) Trace effects back to its causes.
(b) See the consequences of an action.
(c) Send units on suicide missions.
(d) Make a good decision.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
2. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
3. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say defensive attitudes and position are for?
5. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)