|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their faith.
(b) Because they read a draft of the book.
(c) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(d) Because of their academic training.
2. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Order and agression.
(b) Restraint and discipline.
(c) Fighting injustice.
(d) Killing the enemy and coming back alive.
3. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The poor.
(b) The unintelligent.
(c) The rich.
(d) The military.
5. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Always use the same strategy.
(b) Change strategies every few days.
(c) Maintain control.
(d) Use past strategies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the most prominent form of defensive tactics according to Clausewitz?
2. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
3. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
4. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)