|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Strategic mastery.
(b) Establishment of an army.
(c) Tactical mastery.
(d) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
2. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) Its importance is decreasing.
(b) Its importance is increasing.
(c) It does not matter.
(d) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
3. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) His early death.
(c) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(d) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
4. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(b) It was only true for infantry.
(c) It was the one and only.
(d) It was true at the time.
5. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The unintelligent.
(b) The rich.
(c) The poor.
(d) The military.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
3. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
4. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
5. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)