|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Book 6: Defence : Chapter 1, Attack & Defence, The People in Arms.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can be challenging to do during a particular campaign?
2. What does Clausewitz say defensive attitudes and position are for?
(a) For weak armies.
(b) Self preservation.
(c) For poorly equipped countries.
(d) To provide a base for future attacks.
3. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(b) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(c) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(d) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The unintelligent.
(b) The rich.
(c) The poor.
(d) The military.
5. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Foreigners among the ranks.
(b) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(c) Small battles.
(d) Soldier mental breakdown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
3. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
5. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)