|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(b) Army size.
2. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) Time to reflect on their lives.
(b) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
(c) A blueprint for war.
(d) Preparatory guidance.
3. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(b) Major Operations.
(d) Counter insurgency.
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They exploit them.
(b) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(c) They try to ignore them.
(d) They try to match them.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Whether or not they are married.
(d) Their condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
2. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
4. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
5. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)