|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(c) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
2. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
(a) That he despises teachers.
(b) That he wants to be a teacher.
(c) Not to confuse them for lack of respect.
(d) That he doesn't care about formal education.
3. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(b) Self defense.
(c) Destroy the enemy's army.
(d) Take the enemy's capital.
4. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The will of the generals.
(b) The goal of the war.
(c) The country economical power.
(d) The size of the country.
5. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
(a) Terrain and weather.
(b) Technology and culture.
(c) Generals and commanders.
(d) Food rationing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
2. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
5. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)