|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) With archery.
(b) In sieges war.
(c) In 745.
(d) In European wars.
2. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
(a) That he despises teachers.
(b) Not to confuse them for lack of respect.
(c) That he doesn't care about formal education.
(d) That he wants to be a teacher.
3. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
4. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Cow breeding and cultivation.
(b) Cultivation and eating.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Arrow making and archery.
5. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
2. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
3. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
4. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)