|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Bad terrain.
(c) Over confidence.
(d) The fog of war.
2. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As an eye opening experience.
(b) As being plunged in darkness.
(c) As the first step toward real manhood.
(d) As a good life lesson.
3. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Operations of political significance.
(d) Operations to try to occupy more land.
4. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Uncertainty of all information.
(c) Army size.
(d) Moral values.
5. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(c) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
3. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
4. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
5. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)