|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(b) Small battles.
(c) Foreigners among the ranks.
(d) Soldier mental breakdown.
2. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The size of the country.
(b) The will of the generals.
(c) The goal of the war.
(d) The country economical power.
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a rough draft.
(b) As a ready to publish version.
(c) As being stolen from another author.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
4. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In 745.
(b) With archery.
(c) In European wars.
(d) In sieges war.
5. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are less cruel and destructive.
(b) They are the same.
(c) They are more cruel and destructive.
(d) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
3. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
5. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)