|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Moral values.
(b) Army size.
(c) Uncertainty of all information.
2. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They exploit them.
(b) They try to match them.
(c) They try to ignore them.
(d) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
3. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
(a) Because one cannot draw conclusions from an even smaller number of cases.
(b) Because there are not a lot of elements to study.
(c) Because Napoleon's style was unique.
(d) Because it is easier to read.
4. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(c) Bad intelligence officers.
(d) Low self esteem.
5. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
(b) Charles XIII.
(c) Louis the XIV.
(d) Frederick the Great.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
2. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
3. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
4. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
5. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)