|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(b) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(c) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(d) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
2. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
(a) They draw good conclusions if they are smart.
(b) They draw conclusions without sufficient information.
(c) Political leaders should not draw conclusions.
(d) Only military generals should draw conclusions on military. matters
3. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
4. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The intellectual training.
(b) The physical effort.
(c) The need for good horses.
(d) The need for an army to walk.
5. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) Its importance is increasing.
(c) Its importance is decreasing.
(d) It has the same importance for the general down to the enlisted men.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
2. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
3. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
4. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)