|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
2. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(c) Good self esteem.
(d) Good weapons.
3. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
(b) The weather.
(c) Creating their army.
(d) Leaving time for diplomacy.
4. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(b) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(c) His early death.
(d) The invention of the Gatling gun.
5. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Good learners.
(b) Smart people.
(c) Scholarly personnel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
3. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
5. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)