|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
(b) Louis the XIV.
(c) Charles XIII.
(d) Frederick the Great.
2. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As a good life lesson.
(b) As the first step toward real manhood.
(c) As being plunged in darkness.
(d) As an eye opening experience.
3. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
(b) Creating their army.
(c) Leaving time for diplomacy.
(d) The weather.
4. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
(a) Engagement is the only effective means of war.
(b) Cavalry cannot be defeated.
(c) Engagement is a sign of a weak commander.
(d) Commanding officers are paramount to any army.
5. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Inexperienced soldiers.
(b) Bad terrain.
(c) Bad commanders.
(d) The situation not appearing as it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
2. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
3. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
5. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)