|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good self esteem.
(b) Good weapons.
2. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are more cruel and destructive.
(b) They are less cruel and destructive.
(c) They are the same.
(d) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
3. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(b) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(c) When the enemy is an economical power.
(d) When the enemy is a salvage.
4. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because they read a draft of the book.
(b) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because of their faith.
5. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(b) They go beyond established rules.
(c) They follow established rules.
(d) They go ahead without planning.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
3. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
4. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
5. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)