|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
(a) Capturing the commanding officers of the enemy.
(b) Destroying the enemy's reputation.
(c) Put the enemy's forces in a condition so they can no longer fight.
(d) Physically destroying all of the enemies forces.
2. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
(a) Assault on fortified positions.
(b) The execution of war.
(c) The preparation of war.
(d) Training of generals.
3. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
(b) They are more cruel and destructive.
(c) They are the same.
(d) They are less cruel and destructive.
4. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who don't care.
(b) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(c) People with an iron will.
(d) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
5. What is reading supposed to provide the military reader according to Clausewitz?
(a) A good idea of what to expect on the battlefield.
(b) A blueprint for war.
(c) Time to reflect on their lives.
(d) Preparatory guidance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
5. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)