|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Superiority of cavalry.
(b) Numerical superiority.
(c) Superiority of archery.
(d) Superiority of infantry.
2. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(b) Army size.
(c) Moral values.
(d) Uncertainty of all information.
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who don't care.
(b) People with an iron will.
(c) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(d) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
4. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
(a) They didn't care about war.
(b) They were mathematicians.
(c) They wanted to reach a set of sure and positive conclusion.
(d) They wanted the theory to be easily taught.
5. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
(a) Physically destroying all of the enemies forces.
(b) Destroying the enemy's reputation.
(c) Capturing the commanding officers of the enemy.
(d) Put the enemy's forces in a condition so they can no longer fight.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
2. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
3. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
4. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
5. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)