|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(b) Hostile feelings alone.
(c) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
(d) Hostile intentions alone.
2. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
(a) Leave the country.
3. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(b) Him to fight only one battle.
(c) Him to not try to fight you hard.
(d) Him to fight to the last man.
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(b) They try to ignore them.
(c) They try to match them.
(d) They exploit them.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
2. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
4. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
5. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)