|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Scholars are usually among them.
(b) They will show up when they are needed.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) Military genius.
2. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Moral values.
(b) Army size.
(c) Uncertainty of all information.
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The breed of the horses.
(b) The walking speed of the army.
(c) Moral values.
(d) The canon's maker.
5. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(a) Sending one wave after the other.
(c) Barely effective.
(d) Effective fighting forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
2. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
3. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
4. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
5. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)