|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It always brings victory.
(b) It is a fault of character.
(c) It is a sign of genius.
(d) It is necessary.
2. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to occupy more land.
(b) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Operations of political significance.
3. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) If he his still active.
(b) His country of origin.
(c) How much money he made during the war.
(d) How much he has been worn down by war.
4. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Take the enemy's capital.
(b) Self defense.
(c) Destroy the enemy's army.
(d) Cut the enemy's supply route.
5. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Complex and changeable.
(b) Complex and strict.
(c) Simple and strict.
(d) Simple and changeable.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
2. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
4. What does Clausewitz warn the reader not to do in regards to the description of strategic maneuvers?
5. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)