|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A long succession of battles.
(b) A single long battle.
(c) A short single blow.
(d) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a ready to publish version.
(d) As a rough draft.
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) The first requirement.
(b) The second requirement.
(c) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(d) Something that makes no difference.
5. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The physical effort.
(b) The need for an army to walk.
(c) The intellectual training.
(d) The need for good horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
3. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
5. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)