|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(b) Good weapons.
(d) Good self esteem.
2. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) With archery.
(b) In European wars.
(c) In sieges war.
(d) In 745.
3. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Take the enemy's capital.
(b) Self defense.
(c) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(d) Destroy the enemy's army.
4. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hard work.
(b) Science of war.
(c) Knowledge of war.
5. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
(a) It is good.
(b) it is pro French.
(c) It is poor.
(d) It is pro Prussian.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
2. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
3. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about people and their methods of drawing conclusions?
5. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)