|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(a) Counter insurgency.
(c) Major Operations.
2. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) They do not want to waste bullets.
(b) They do not have time to take prisoners.
(c) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(d) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
3. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(c) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(d) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
4. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
5. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(b) Because of their faith.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
2. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. What does Clausewitz claim as a vital component of critical analysis?
4. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)