|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 5, Method & Routine, Critical Analysis, Historical Examples.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
(a) The creation of war colleges.
(b) The need to train more efficient Generals.
(c) Reflections on the events of war.
(d) The need to sell more books.
2. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good weapons.
(d) Good self esteem.
3. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are the same.
(b) They are more cruel and destructive.
(c) They are less cruel and destructive.
(d) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
4. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
(a) It is good.
(b) It is pro Prussian.
(c) It is poor.
(d) it is pro French.
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As being stolen from another author.
(b) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
(c) As a rough draft.
(d) As a ready to publish version.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
2. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
3. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
4. How many activities does Clausewitz say strategic methods consist of?
5. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)