|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) As a necessity for the economy.
(b) As a continuation of policy by other means.
(c) As a way for generals to fight boredom.
(d) As a one time event that politicians cannot control.
2. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Their condition.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
3. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The goal of the war.
(b) The size of the country.
(c) The will of the generals.
(d) The country economical power.
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) The second requirement.
(b) Something that makes no difference.
(c) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(d) The first requirement.
5. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(b) Operations to try to occupy more land.
(c) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Operations of political significance.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
4. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
5. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)