|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(b) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(c) Pick good intelligence officers.
(d) Eliminate error.
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They follow established rules.
(b) They go beyond established rules.
(c) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(d) They go ahead without planning.
3. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(b) Food and camp expenses.
(c) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(d) Bribes of his allies.
4. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their academic training.
(b) Because of their faith.
(c) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Whether or not they are married.
(b) Their condition.
(c) When they were discharged.
(d) Their rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
3. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)