|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Military genius.
(b) They are very rare.
(c) Scholars are usually among them.
(d) They will show up when they are needed.
2. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Experienced soldiers.
(b) Good education.
(c) Young, fit officers.
(d) Good physical health.
3. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(b) Good weapons.
(c) Good self esteem.
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) If he his still active.
(b) How much money he made during the war.
(c) How much he has been worn down by war.
(d) His country of origin.
5. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
3. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
4. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)