|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(b) They try to match them.
(c) They try to ignore them.
(d) They exploit them.
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Small battles.
(b) Foreigners among the ranks.
(c) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(d) Soldier mental breakdown.
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People who don't care.
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) Something that makes no difference.
(b) The second requirement.
(c) The first requirement.
(d) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
5. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(b) Him to not try to fight you hard.
(c) Him to fight only one battle.
(d) Him to fight to the last man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
2. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
3. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
4. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
5. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)