|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good education.
(b) Experienced soldiers.
(c) Good physical health.
(d) Young, fit officers.
2. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The intellectual training.
(b) The physical effort.
(c) The need for an army to walk.
(d) The need for good horses.
3. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A long succession of battles.
(b) A single long battle.
(c) A short single blow.
(d) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad commanders.
(b) Bad terrain.
(c) The situation not appearing as it is.
(d) Inexperienced soldiers.
5. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(b) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(c) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
(d) A large army is less prone to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
2. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
4. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
5. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)