|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Self defense.
(b) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(c) Take the enemy's capital.
(d) Destroy the enemy's army.
2. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(b) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(c) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(d) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
3. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) Strength is more important.
(b) They are unimportant.
(c) They are equally important.
(d) Ability to face friction is more important.
4. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They go ahead without planning.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They follow established rules.
(d) They go beyond established rules.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their condition.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Whether or not they are married.
(d) Their rank.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
2. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
3. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
4. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
5. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)