|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It is a fault of character.
(d) It always brings victory.
3. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(c) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
4. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(b) Get a better army.
(c) Disarm the enemy.
(d) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
5. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
2. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
3. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
4. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)