|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(b) Destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Self defense.
(d) Take the enemy's capital.
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(d) His early death.
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) His country of origin.
(b) How much money he made during the war.
(c) How much he has been worn down by war.
(d) If he his still active.
5. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(b) To win the battle.
(c) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
(d) To clear the way for an invasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
3. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)