|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
(b) A conclusion.
(c) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(d) An independent book in the series.
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) They will show up when they are needed.
(b) Military genius.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) Scholars are usually among them.
3. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good weapons.
(b) Good self esteem.
4. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is not gathered fast enough.
(c) It is too much information.
(d) It is false.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
2. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
3. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
4. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
5. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)