|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They follow established rules.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They go ahead without planning.
(d) They go beyond established rules.
2. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
(a) The social object.
(b) The size of the army.
(c) The will of the generals in charge.
(d) The political object.
3. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The goal of the war.
(b) The will of the generals.
(c) The country economical power.
(d) The size of the country.
4. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(b) A conclusion.
(c) An independent book in the series.
(d) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
5. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good physical health.
(b) Experienced soldiers.
(c) Good education.
(d) Young, fit officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
3. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
4. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)