|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is too much information.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is accurate.
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad commanders.
(b) Inexperienced soldiers.
(c) Bad terrain.
(d) The situation not appearing as it is.
3. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Experienced soldiers.
(b) Young, fit officers.
(c) Good education.
(d) Good physical health.
4. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(c) Counter insurgency.
(d) Major Operations.
5. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Small battles.
(b) Foreigners among the ranks.
(c) Soldier mental breakdown.
(d) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
2. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
3. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)