|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
(b) A single long battle.
(c) A long succession of battles.
(d) A short single blow.
2. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is too much information.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is accurate.
3. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) The fog of war.
(c) Over confidence.
(d) Bad terrain.
4. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(b) A large army is less prone to it.
(c) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
(d) It should be mastered by soldiers.
5. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
(a) The political object.
(b) The social object.
(c) The will of the generals in charge.
(d) The size of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
2. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
3. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
5. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)