|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad intelligence officers.
(c) Low self esteem.
2. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(b) Good self esteem.
(c) Good weapons.
3. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
(b) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(c) They do not want to waste bullets.
(d) They do not have time to take prisoners.
4. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(b) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(c) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(d) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
5. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
(b) They are less cruel and destructive.
(c) They are more cruel and destructive.
(d) They are the same.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
3. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
4. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
5. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)