|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(b) They go ahead without planning.
(c) They go beyond established rules.
(d) They follow established rules.
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(b) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(c) People who don't care.
(d) People with an iron will.
3. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It is a sign of genius.
(c) It is a fault of character.
(d) It always brings victory.
4. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(c) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
5. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile intentions alone.
(b) Hostile feelings alone.
(c) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(d) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
2. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
3. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
4. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
5. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)