|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(b) Because of their academic training.
(c) Because they read a draft of the book.
(d) Because of their faith.
2. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a rough draft.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a ready to publish version.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
3. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
4. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(b) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(c) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(d) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
5. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a fault of character.
(b) It is a sign of genius.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It always brings victory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
3. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
4. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
5. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)