|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 3, Physical Effort, Intelligence & Friction in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(b) They go beyond established rules.
(c) They go ahead without planning.
(d) They follow established rules.
3. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A long succession of battles.
(b) A short single blow.
(c) A single long battle.
(d) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
4. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is too much information.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is not gathered fast enough.
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(b) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(c) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(d) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
4. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
5. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)