|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(b) Counter insurgency.
(d) Major Operations.
2. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(b) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(c) Bribes of his allies.
(d) Food and camp expenses.
3. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile intentions alone.
(b) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
(c) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(d) Hostile feelings alone.
4. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(b) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(c) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(d) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(b) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(c) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(d) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
4. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)