|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
(b) Something that makes no difference.
(c) The first requirement.
(d) The second requirement.
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Get a better army.
(b) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(c) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(d) Disarm the enemy.
3. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) Leaving time for diplomacy.
(b) The weather.
(c) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
(d) Creating their army.
4. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings alone.
(b) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(c) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
(d) Hostile intentions alone.
5. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are less cruel and destructive.
(b) They are the same.
(c) They are more cruel and destructive.
(d) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
4. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
5. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)