|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
2. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(b) Because of their faith.
(c) Because they read a draft of the book.
(d) Because of their academic training.
3. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It always brings victory.
(d) It is a fault of character.
4. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a ready to publish version.
(b) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
(c) As a rough draft.
(d) As being stolen from another author.
5. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(d) His early death.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
2. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
3. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
4. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
5. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)