|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
(a) Charles XIII.
(b) Frederick the Great.
(d) Louis the XIV.
2. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
(b) A short single blow.
(c) A long succession of battles.
(d) A single long battle.
3. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(b) Hostile feelings alone.
(c) Hostile intentions alone.
(d) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
4. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
(a) As a rough draft.
(b) As being stolen from another author.
(c) As a ready to publish version.
(d) As a formless mass that needs to be reworked.
5. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
4. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
5. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)