|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They go beyond established rules.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They follow established rules.
(d) They go ahead without planning.
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To clear the way for an invasion.
(b) To win the battle.
(c) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
(d) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to fight to the last man.
(b) Him to fight only one battle.
(c) Him to not try to fight you hard.
(d) Him to give it to you without a fight.
5. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Take the enemy's capital.
(b) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(c) Self defense.
(d) Destroy the enemy's army.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
4. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)