|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A long succession of battles.
(b) A short single blow.
(c) A single long battle.
(d) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
2. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(b) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(c) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(d) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
3. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
(b) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(c) An independent book in the series.
(d) A conclusion.
4. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
5. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(b) Because of their faith.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
3. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
4. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)