|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(b) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(c) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
(d) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The will of the generals.
(b) The size of the country.
(c) The goal of the war.
(d) The country economical power.
4. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) Creating their army.
(b) Leaving time for diplomacy.
(c) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
(d) The weather.
5. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To win the battle.
(b) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(c) To clear the way for an invasion.
(d) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
2. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
4. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
5. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)