|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
2. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(b) Major Operations.
(c) Counter insurgency.
3. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The country economical power.
(b) The size of the country.
(c) The goal of the war.
(d) The will of the generals.
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to fight to the last man.
(b) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(c) Him to fight only one battle.
(d) Him to not try to fight you hard.
5. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations of political significance.
(b) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Operations to try to occupy more land.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
2. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
3. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
4. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
5. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)