|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, On The Nature of War : Chapter 2, Purpose & Means, On Military Genius & Danger in War.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Destroy the enemy's army.
(b) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(c) Take the enemy's capital.
(d) Self defense.
3. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) They do not want to waste bullets.
(b) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(c) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
(d) They do not have time to take prisoners.
4. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(b) Counter insurgency.
(c) Major Operations.
5. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(d) His early death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
2. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
4. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)