|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz suggest be done with territories not immediately adjacent to one's country?
(a) Release them come winter.
(b) Burn everything down.
(c) Annex them.
(d) Hold on to them no matter what.
2. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
(a) When the enemy is too slow to retreat.
(b) When the enemy's general is incompetent.
(c) When the enemy goals are high enough to allow it.
(d) When the enemy has a small army.
3. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Poorly trained soldiers.
(b) The inexperienced and followers.
(c) Married soldiers and the sick.
(d) Young officers.
4. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) With archery.
(b) In 745.
(c) In sieges war.
(d) In European wars.
5. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(b) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(c) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(d) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
2. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
3. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)