|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
2. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(d) His early death.
3. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To critique concepts by other authors.
(b) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(c) To stop writing and start teaching.
(d) To demand a promotion for his work.
4. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Steadfastness and intelligence.
(b) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(c) Aristocracy and good education.
(d) Luck and intelligence.
5. What building does Clausewitz says is highly desirable for an army to have during the first half of the 19th century?
(a) Large hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about routine?
2. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
3. What affects war strategy evolution according to Clausewitz?
4. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
5. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)