|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz call the advantage a defense army has over an offensive army?
(a) The defense has no advantage.
(b) Too great to overcome.
(d) Home court.
2. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Cultivation and eating.
(b) Arrow making and archery.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Cow breeding and cultivation.
3. According to Clausewitz, why were the Jewish tribes weak as a nation?
(a) They didn't have a large army.
(b) They were physically separated from each other.
(c) They had poor weapons.
(d) They didn't have enough water.
4. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
(a) Media support.
(b) Spousal support.
(c) Financial support.
(d) Public support.
5. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In sieges war.
(b) In European wars.
(c) With archery.
(d) In 745.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
3. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
4. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
5. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)