|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
(a) A counter attack.
(b) Reinforcing the defensive position.
2. According to Clausewitz, why were the Jewish tribes weak as a nation?
(a) They were physically separated from each other.
(b) They didn't have a large army.
(c) They had poor weapons.
(d) They didn't have enough water.
3. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) At mid level.
(b) At the highest level.
(c) On the spot.
(d) At low level.
4. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
(a) Public support.
(b) Spousal support.
(c) Media support.
(d) Financial support.
5. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Complex and strict.
(b) Complex and changeable.
(c) Simple and changeable.
(d) Simple and strict.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
2. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
3. What general rule does Clausewitz give concerning defense and attack?
4. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
5. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)