|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(b) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
(c) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(d) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
2. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Knowledge of war.
(b) Hard work.
(d) Science of war.
3. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) The unintelligent.
(d) The military.
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much money he made during the war.
(b) How much he has been worn down by war.
(c) If he his still active.
(d) His country of origin.
5. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) The end of the struggle.
(b) The turning point.
(c) Culmination of the attack.
(d) Height of the engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
2. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
3. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
4. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
5. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)