|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(b) Him to fight to the last man.
(c) Him to fight only one battle.
(d) Him to not try to fight you hard.
2. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile intentions alone.
(b) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
(c) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(d) Hostile feelings alone.
3. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
4. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them properly.
(b) Sending them home.
(c) Misusing them.
(d) Using them in a flank attack.
5. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It always brings victory.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It is a fault of character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
5. What does Clausewitz suggest be done with territories not immediately adjacent to one's country?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)