|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does no side get attacked, but still spend resources toward the war effort according to Clausewitz?
(a) When all sides are in defensive mode.
(b) When all sides move their troops.
(c) When all sides are fearful.
(d) When all sides attack an undefended province of the enemy.
2. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As a good life lesson.
(b) As being plunged in darkness.
(c) As an eye opening experience.
(d) As the first step toward real manhood.
3. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(b) Small battles.
(c) Foreigners among the ranks.
(d) Soldier mental breakdown.
4. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are less cruel and destructive.
(b) They are the same.
(c) They are more cruel and destructive.
(d) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
5. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
(a) Leave the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
2. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
3. What does Clausewitz tell the reader about his view on formal education?
4. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
5. What does Clausewitz say defensive attitudes and position are for?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)