|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Moral values.
(b) Army size.
(c) Uncertainty of all information.
2. What are high ranking officers usually not, according to Clausewitz?
(a) Smart people.
(b) Scholarly personnel.
(d) Good learners.
3. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
(a) It is good.
(b) It is poor.
(c) It is pro Prussian.
(d) it is pro French.
4. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
(b) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(c) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(d) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
5. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) It is too long.
(b) It is well spent.
(c) It will be missed.
(d) It is not very long.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
2. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
3. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
4. According to Clausewitz, what support is less important than government and soldier support during actual military operations?
5. When does no side get attacked, but still spend resources toward the war effort according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)