|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Clausewitz say it would take a man to compile a proper survey of history?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 3 years.
(c) 50 years.
(d) A lifetime.
2. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
(a) Cultivation and eating.
(b) Arrow making and archery.
(c) Sword building and fencing.
(d) Cow breeding and cultivation.
3. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Disarm the enemy.
(b) Get a better army.
(c) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(d) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
4. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(b) Barely effective.
(c) Sending one wave after the other.
(d) Effective fighting forces.
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The goal of the war.
(b) The country economical power.
(c) The will of the generals.
(d) The size of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
2. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say about holding new territories?
4. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
5. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)