|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is too much information.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is accurate.
(d) It is not gathered fast enough.
2. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(b) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
(c) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(d) To prevent the military from taking power.
3. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
(a) To allow for the king to visit the troops.
(b) To push for the final decision and counter unforeseen attacks.
(c) To allow troops rest so they can be rotated in the front line.
(d) To protect the officers from retreating troops.
4. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hard work.
(c) Science of war.
(d) Knowledge of war.
5. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them in a flank attack.
(b) Sending them home.
(c) Using them properly.
(d) Misusing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
2. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
3. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
5. What does Clausewitz say is more difficult to do during a war?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)