|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To demand a promotion for his work.
(b) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(c) To critique concepts by other authors.
(d) To stop writing and start teaching.
2. What is the French definition of an invasion according to Clausewitz?
(a) An attack targeting the border lands.
(b) An attack targeting a specific location.
(c) An attack driving deep into enemy territory.
(d) An attack targeting the capital.
3. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is accurate.
(b) It is not gathered fast enough.
(c) It is too much information.
(d) It is false.
4. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
5. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Using them in a flank attack.
(b) Sending them home.
(c) Using them properly.
(d) Misusing them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
2. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, why were the Jewish tribes weak as a nation?
4. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)