|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To clear the way for an invasion.
(b) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(c) To win the battle.
(d) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) They are very rare.
(b) Military genius.
(c) Scholars are usually among them.
(d) They will show up when they are needed.
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(b) People with an iron will.
(c) People who don't care.
(d) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
4. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(b) Because they read a draft of the book.
(c) Because of their academic training.
(d) Because of their faith.
5. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
(a) In small groups.
(c) One army group at a time.
(d) On different fronts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
2. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
4. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
5. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)