|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy is a salvage.
(b) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(c) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(d) When the enemy is an economical power.
2. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
(a) In attack.
(b) In defense.
(c) In tactic.
(d) In strategy.
3. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To force the enemy to rebuild his forces.
(b) To eliminate the threat of the enemy.
(c) To win the battle.
(d) To clear the way for an invasion.
4. What is suspension of action in war usually a sign of according to Clausewitz?
(b) Troop buildup.
(c) Troop movement.
5. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
2. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
3. What does Clausewitz say will force an enemy to withdraw from a previously conquered territory?
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)