|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
(b) Reinforcing the defensive position.
(c) A counter attack.
2. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Attack and counter attack.
(b) Troop placement.
3. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) They are very rare.
(b) Scholars are usually among them.
(c) They will show up when they are needed.
(d) Military genius.
4. Why should someone study memoirs of past commanders according to Clausewitz?
(a) To counter their style more effectively.
(b) To copy their style.
(c) To improve reading skills.
(d) To improve critical analysis skills.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) When they were discharged.
(b) Whether or not they are married.
(c) Their rank.
(d) Their condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is initiative more helpful according to Clausewitz?
2. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
3. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
4. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
5. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)