|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Russian front famous for according to Clausewitz?
(a) Defeating enemies.
(b) Being weak.
(c) Being large.
(d) Being unprotected.
2. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
(a) Attack is more simple.
(b) Attack is usually an all in move.
(c) He can boast completeness.
(d) Attack minded generals are not smart enough for multi-level thinking.
3. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad commanders.
(b) The situation not appearing as it is.
(c) Bad terrain.
(d) Inexperienced soldiers.
4. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It is necessary.
(c) It is a fault of character.
(d) It always brings victory.
5. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Self defense.
(b) Destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Take the enemy's capital.
(d) Cut the enemy's supply route.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
2. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
3. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
4. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
5. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)