|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What should follow the attack on a well maintained defensive position according to Clausewitz?
(a) A counter attack.
(b) Reinforcing the defensive position.
2. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
3. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(b) The political gain of the emperor.
(c) The generals implementing it.
(d) The results.
4. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To critique concepts by other authors.
(b) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(c) To demand a promotion for his work.
(d) To stop writing and start teaching.
5. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
(a) As a continuation of policy by other means.
(b) As a way for generals to fight boredom.
(c) As a one time event that politicians cannot control.
(d) As a necessity for the economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
2. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
3. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
4. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)