|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(b) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(c) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(d) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
2. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(b) They go ahead without planning.
(c) They follow established rules.
(d) They go beyond established rules.
3. What definition of defense does Clausewitz give in Book 4, Chapter 1?
(a) To build fortifications that cannot be broken.
(b) To block the enemy's advances without loss of life.
(c) To attack first and destroy the enemy totally.
(d) To successfully not get hit even when another tried to hit you.
4. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The tactical portion.
(b) The unimportant portion.
(c) The easy portion.
(d) The small portion.
5. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Numerical superiority.
(b) Superiority of archery.
(c) Superiority of infantry.
(d) Superiority of cavalry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
2. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
3. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
4. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
5. What does Clausewitz suggest about the quality of the readings made by most people concerning military matters?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)