|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) It must be used in small group.
(b) It must be mobile.
(c) It must be used on a wide front.
(d) It must be concentrated.
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) They will show up when they are needed.
(b) They are very rare.
(c) Scholars are usually among them.
(d) Military genius.
3. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy the enemy.
(b) To hold the line whatever happens.
(c) To break the enemy's morale.
(d) To preserve own's fighting force.
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Inexperienced soldiers.
(b) The situation not appearing as it is.
(c) Bad terrain.
(d) Bad commanders.
5. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(b) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(c) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(d) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
2. What possibility does a good defensive position offer the general in charge according to Clausewitz?
3. How does Clausewitz call the advantage a defense army has over an offensive army?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
5. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)