|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The easy portion.
(b) The tactical portion.
(c) The unimportant portion.
(d) The small portion.
2. What does Clausewitz say about the teaching of war strategy?
(a) It cannot be taught using old examples.
(b) Only he can teach it.
(c) A good war college is essential.
(d) Books by generals are best to teach it.
3. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) On the spot.
(b) At mid level.
(c) At low level.
(d) At the highest level.
4. Why does Clausewitz says the attacking force loses strength as it goes deeper into enemy territory?
(a) Separation in resources and delays in getting reinforcements.
(b) Hatred from the enemy's population
(c) Loss of soldiers.
(d) Loss of morale.
5. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
(b) Drop in morale.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
2. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
3. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
4. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
5. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)