|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What construction method does Clausewitz use as a metaphor for holding new territories?
(a) Concrete pouring.
(b) Roof building.
(c) Tile laying.
(d) Wall building.
2. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To critique concepts by other authors.
(b) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(c) To demand a promotion for his work.
(d) To stop writing and start teaching.
3. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
(a) Cleaning weapons.
(b) Fighting battles.
(c) Training and exercising.
4. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They go ahead without planning.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They go beyond established rules.
(d) They follow established rules.
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is accurate.
(d) It is too much information.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
2. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
3. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
4. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
5. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)