|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 2, Without a Decision, Invasion, Victory.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, why should events be studied one by one and in great detail?
(a) Because there are not a lot of elements to study.
(b) Because it is easier to read.
(c) Because Napoleon's style was unique.
(d) Because one cannot draw conclusions from an even smaller number of cases.
2. What does Clausewitz say about the time passed to acquire knowledge in Book 2, Chapter 5?
(a) It is not very long.
(b) It is too long.
(c) It is well spent.
(d) It will be missed.
3. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) At the highest level.
(b) At low level.
(c) At mid level.
(d) On the spot.
4. What should military people do when they are not on the battlefield according to Clausewitz?
(c) Leave the country.
5. What does Clausewitz warn the reader not to do in regards to the description of strategic maneuvers?
(a) To think too much.
(b) To oversimplify.
(c) To think Napoleon was a genius.
(d) To follow past battle plans to the letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
3. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
4. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
5. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)