|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
(a) The execution of war.
(b) Assault on fortified positions.
(c) The preparation of war.
(d) Training of generals.
2. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It was true at the time.
(b) It was the one and only.
(c) It was only true for infantry.
(d) It wouldn't stand to reality.
3. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(b) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
(c) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(d) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
4. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) Strength is more important.
(b) Ability to face friction is more important.
(c) They are equally important.
(d) They are unimportant.
5. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(b) Food and camp expenses.
(c) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(d) Bribes of his allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
3. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)