|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Operations of political significance.
(c) Operations to try to occupy more land.
(d) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
2. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much he has been worn down by war.
(b) If he his still active.
(c) How much money he made during the war.
(d) His country of origin.
3. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
4. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Establishment of an army.
(b) Tactical mastery.
(c) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
(d) Strategic mastery.
5. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
(b) Frederick the Great.
(d) Charles XII.
Short Answer Questions
1. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
2. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
4. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)