|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad commanders.
(b) Inexperienced soldiers.
(c) The situation not appearing as it is.
(d) Bad terrain.
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
(a) The counter part of Book 6, "On Defense."
(b) An independent book in the series.
(c) The introduction to Book 8, "War-Plans."
(d) A conclusion.
3. What event does Clausewitz fear would make his book liable to endless misinterpretation?
(a) The invention of the Gatling gun.
(b) Releasing the book within his lifetime.
(c) The introduction of women in the armed forces.
(d) His early death.
4. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
5. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Food and camp expenses.
(b) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(c) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(d) Bribes of his allies.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
3. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
4. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
5. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)