|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
2. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(b) Food and camp expenses.
(c) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(d) Bribes of his allies.
3. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They go ahead without planning.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They follow established rules.
(d) They go beyond established rules.
4. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
(a) Operations to try to occupy more land.
(b) Operations to try to destroy the enemy's army.
(c) Operations to try to capture the capital city of the enemy.
(d) Operations of political significance.
5. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad commanders.
(b) Bad terrain.
(c) Inexperienced soldiers.
(d) The situation not appearing as it is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
3. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
4. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
5. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)