|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
2. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
(c) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
3. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Superiority of infantry.
(b) Superiority of archery.
(c) Superiority of cavalry.
(d) Numerical superiority.
4. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
(a) It was only true for infantry.
(b) It wouldn't stand to reality.
(c) It was true at the time.
(d) It was the one and only.
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is too much information.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
2. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
5. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)