|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much money he made during the war.
(b) How much he has been worn down by war.
(c) His country of origin.
(d) If he his still active.
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army size.
4. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(b) Disarm the enemy.
(c) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(d) Get a better army.
5. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They go ahead without planning.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They follow established rules.
(d) They go beyond established rules.
Short Answer Questions
1. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
2. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
4. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
5. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)