|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) The situation not appearing as it is.
(b) Bad terrain.
(c) Bad commanders.
(d) Inexperienced soldiers.
2. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army size.
3. What does Clausewitz think of wars between civilized nations compared to savages?
(a) They are more pretty because of the uniforms.
(b) They are less cruel and destructive.
(c) They are more cruel and destructive.
(d) They are the same.
4. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Get a better army.
(b) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(c) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(d) Disarm the enemy.
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is too much information.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is not gathered fast enough.
(d) It is accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
3. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
4. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)