|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
(a) The need to sell more books.
(b) The creation of war colleges.
(c) The need to train more efficient Generals.
(d) Reflections on the events of war.
2. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army size.
3. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(c) Good self esteem.
(d) Good weapons.
4. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to fight to the last man.
(b) Him to fight only one battle.
(c) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(d) Him to not try to fight you hard.
5. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
(b) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(c) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(d) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
2. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
3. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)