|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what can you expect if you demand a small penalty from your opponent?
(a) Him to fight to the last man.
(b) Him to fight only one battle.
(c) Him to give it to you without a fight.
(d) Him to not try to fight you hard.
3. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They follow established rules.
(b) They wait for the enemy to make the first move.
(c) They go ahead without planning.
(d) They go beyond established rules.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The breed of the horses.
(b) The canon's maker.
(c) The walking speed of the army.
(d) Moral values.
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As an eye opening experience.
(b) As a good life lesson.
(c) As the first step toward real manhood.
(d) As being plunged in darkness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
2. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
3. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)