|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In 745.
(b) In sieges war.
(c) With archery.
(d) In European wars.
2. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They try to ignore them.
(b) They exploit them.
(c) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(d) They try to match them.
3. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) When they were discharged.
(c) Their condition.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
4. What do the kindhearted think, according to Clausewitz?
(a) The true goal of war is acquiring farmland.
(b) There is a way to disarm the enemy without too much bloodshed.
(c) War is done by gentlemen for gentlemen.
(d) War is not a necessity for nations to prosper.
5. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Food and camp expenses.
(b) Bribes of his allies.
(c) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(d) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
2. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
3. How does Clausewitz sees the first 6 books he wrote in his notes?
4. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
5. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)