|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Establishment of an army.
(b) Strategic mastery.
(c) Tactical mastery.
(d) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
2. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(b) Knowledge of war.
(c) Hard work.
(d) Science of war.
3. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings alone.
(b) Hostile intentions alone.
(c) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(d) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
4. Why don't civilized nations execute their prisoners according to Clausewitz?
(a) Intelligence plays a higher part in warfare.
(b) They do not have time to take prisoners.
(c) It is against the Geneva Convention.
(d) They do not want to waste bullets.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) Their condition.
(c) When they were discharged.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
3. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
5. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)