|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because of their faith.
(b) Because of their academic training.
(c) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
(d) Because they read a draft of the book.
2. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
3. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad intelligence officers.
(d) Low self esteem.
4. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Pick good intelligence officers.
(b) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(c) Eliminate error.
(d) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They try to ignore them.
(b) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(c) They try to match them.
(d) They exploit them.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
2. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
3. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
4. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
5. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)