|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) They are equally important.
(b) They are unimportant.
(c) Strength is more important.
(d) Ability to face friction is more important.
2. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Married soldiers and the sick.
(b) Young officers.
(c) The inexperienced and followers.
(d) Poorly trained soldiers.
3. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
(a) Leaving time for diplomacy.
(b) A desire to wait for a better moment before acting.
(c) Creating their army.
(d) The weather.
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The walking speed of the army.
(b) The canon's maker.
(c) The breed of the horses.
(d) Moral values.
5. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
2. How is Book 7 "On Attack" seen by Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
4. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
5. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)