|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) Moral values.
(b) The walking speed of the army.
(c) The canon's maker.
(d) The breed of the horses.
2. Why does Clausewitz think great leaders were always right?
(a) Because they read a draft of the book.
(b) Because of their academic training.
(c) Because of their faith.
(d) Because of their innate greatness and genius.
3. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Experienced soldiers.
(b) Good education.
(c) Good physical health.
(d) Young, fit officers.
4. What definition of war does Clausewitz give?
(a) An act of weakness because diplomacy didn't succeed.
(b) A way for nations to settle trivial disputes.
(c) An act of force to compel our enemy to do our will.
(d) A way for the military powerful to grab resources from their neighboring country.
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
(a) The country economical power.
(b) The size of the country.
(c) The will of the generals.
(d) The goal of the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
2. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
3. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
4. What does Clausewitz mean by "Destroying the enemy?"
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)