|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
(a) Gradual exhaustion of commanding officers.
(b) Gradual exhaustion of physical and moral resistance.
(c) Gradual exhaustion of ammunition.
(d) Gradual exhaustion of horses.
2. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(b) Eliminate error.
(c) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(d) Pick good intelligence officers.
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The physical effort.
(b) The intellectual training.
(c) The need for an army to walk.
(d) The need for good horses.
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Inexperienced soldiers.
(b) Bad commanders.
(c) Bad terrain.
(d) The situation not appearing as it is.
5. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) Moral values.
(b) The canon's maker.
(c) The breed of the horses.
(d) The walking speed of the army.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
3. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
4. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
5. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)