|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz qualify the task of creating a scientific theory for the conduct of war?
2. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
(b) The conduct of war.
(d) Army building.
3. What is the aim of war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Disarm the enemy.
(b) Destroy the capital city of the enemy.
(c) Destroy the country side of the enemy.
(d) Get a better army.
4. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(b) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
(c) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(d) To defeat his allies and take his women.
5. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) They are equally important.
(b) Ability to face friction is more important.
(c) They are unimportant.
(d) Strength is more important.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz sees war in Book 1, Chapter 1?
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
3. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
4. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
5. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)