|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) When they were discharged.
(b) Their condition.
(c) Their rank.
(d) Whether or not they are married.
2. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
(a) Moral values.
(c) Uncertainty of all information.
(d) Army size.
3. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Bad terrain.
(b) Over confidence.
(c) The fog of war.
4. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Soldier mental breakdown.
(b) Small battles.
(c) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(d) Foreigners among the ranks.
5. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
(a) Cavalry cannot be defeated.
(b) Commanding officers are paramount to any army.
(c) Engagement is the only effective means of war.
(d) Engagement is a sign of a weak commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
4. What does Clausewitz compare the old "art of war" to to conclude its uselessness?
5. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)