|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Eliminate error.
(b) Pick good intelligence officers.
(c) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(d) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
2. What theory does Clausewitz think many people have difficulty with?
(c) Counter insurgency.
(d) Major Operations.
3. What is war NOT, according to Clausewitz?
(a) A succession of single blows with short periods of peace times.
(b) A single long battle.
(c) A long succession of battles.
(d) A short single blow.
4. Why do men fight each other according to Clausewitz?
(a) Hostile feelings alone.
(b) Hostile feelings and need to play.
(c) Hostile feelings and hostile intentions.
(d) Hostile intentions alone.
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Young officers.
(b) The inexperienced and followers.
(c) Married soldiers and the sick.
(d) Poorly trained soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say is the one consideration that can postpone war between two parties that are ready for it?
3. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)