|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, On The Theory of War : Chapter 4, Art & Science of War: Classifications.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(c) Bad intelligence officers.
(d) Low self esteem.
2. What does Clausewitz say determines the military objectives and the amount of force assigned to a war?
(a) The will of the generals in charge.
(b) The political object.
(c) The social object.
(d) The size of the army.
3. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
(a) In sieges war.
(b) In European wars.
(c) With archery.
(d) In 745.
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good weapons.
(d) Good self esteem.
5. What does Clausewitz say armies were like after the advent of tactics?
(a) Effective fighting forces.
(b) Barely effective.
(c) Sending one wave after the other.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
2. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
3. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
4. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
5. What is never final in war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)