|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To prevent the military from taking power.
(b) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(c) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
(d) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
2. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
4. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) It must be mobile.
(b) It must be used on a wide front.
(c) It must be used in small group.
(d) It must be concentrated.
5. What effect can physical violence have on troops if they don't understand why violence should be used according to Clausewitz?
(c) Drop in morale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
2. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
3. What led to the need for a theory on the "art of war," according to Clausewtiz?
4. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
5. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)