|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Complex and changeable.
(b) Complex and strict.
(c) Simple and changeable.
(d) Simple and strict.
2. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) The generals implementing it.
(b) The political gain of the emperor.
(c) The results.
(d) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
3. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To demand a promotion for his work.
(b) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(c) To critique concepts by other authors.
(d) To stop writing and start teaching.
4. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
(a) Wastage of his forces and loss of territory.
(b) Bribes of his allies.
(c) Paying his soldiers and feeding his horses.
(d) Food and camp expenses.
5. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army building.
(d) The conduct of war.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Clausewitz say "true" war first appeared?
2. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)