|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Take the enemy's capital.
(b) Cut the enemy's supply route.
(c) Destroy the enemy's army.
(d) Self defense.
2. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
(a) To protect the officers from retreating troops.
(b) To push for the final decision and counter unforeseen attacks.
(c) To allow troops rest so they can be rotated in the front line.
(d) To allow for the king to visit the troops.
3. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Superiority of infantry.
(b) Numerical superiority.
(c) Superiority of archery.
(d) Superiority of cavalry.
4. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(b) The political gain of the emperor.
(c) The generals implementing it.
(d) The results.
5. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
(a) The canon's maker.
(b) The breed of the horses.
(c) The walking speed of the army.
(d) Moral values.
Short Answer Questions
1. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
2. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
3. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)