|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
2. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) At the highest level.
(b) On the spot.
(c) At low level.
(d) At mid level.
3. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
(b) Learning abroad.
(d) Learning under a good commander.
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good physical health.
(b) Experienced soldiers.
(c) Good education.
(d) Young, fit officers.
5. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It must be near the front line.
(b) It does not matter.
(c) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
(d) It matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
2. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
5. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)