|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It is a fault of character.
(c) It is necessary.
(d) It always brings victory.
2. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The military.
(b) The unintelligent.
(c) The poor.
(d) The rich.
3. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
(a) Good judgement.
(b) Counter productive.
(d) The mark of a genius.
4. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
(a) Self defense.
(b) Take the enemy's capital.
(c) Destroy the enemy's army.
(d) Cut the enemy's supply route.
5. What does Clausewitz say he is trying to do in Book 3, Chapter 2?
(a) To critique concepts by other authors.
(b) To create a new concept from previously described basics.
(c) To demand a promotion for his work.
(d) To stop writing and start teaching.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
3. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
4. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
5. What factor does Clausewitz say was considered the only one that could be calculated according to the first author trying to theorize war?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)