|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
(c) It matters.
(d) It must be near the front line.
2. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their location.
(b) Their state of mind.
(c) Their experience.
(d) Their personal interest.
3. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Young, fit officers.
(b) Good education.
(c) Experienced soldiers.
(d) Good physical health.
4. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
(a) Sending them home.
(b) Misusing them.
(c) Using them in a flank attack.
(d) Using them properly.
5. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy is an economical power.
(b) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(c) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(d) When the enemy is a salvage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
2. How does Clausewitz think available forces of a country should be used in a war?
3. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
4. How is the majority of time in war spent according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)