|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is necessary.
(b) It always brings victory.
(c) It is a sign of genius.
(d) It is a fault of character.
2. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The tactical portion.
(b) The unimportant portion.
(c) The easy portion.
(d) The small portion.
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The physical effort.
(b) The need for an army to walk.
(c) The intellectual training.
(d) The need for good horses.
4. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It matters.
(b) It does not matter.
(c) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
(d) It must be near the front line.
5. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good self esteem.
(b) Good weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
2. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
3. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
4. What does Clausewitz think of the rule first declared to be the one and only?
5. Why do the first war theorists only consider what could be mathematically calculated when they created the first war theory according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)