|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is military life about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Killing the enemy and coming back alive.
(b) Order and agression.
(c) Restraint and discipline.
(d) Fighting injustice.
2. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
(a) Superiority of archery.
(b) Superiority of cavalry.
(c) Superiority of infantry.
(d) Numerical superiority.
3. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(b) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(c) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
(d) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
4. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Over confidence.
(c) The fog of war.
(d) Bad terrain.
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) When they were discharged.
(b) Whether or not they are married.
(c) Their rank.
(d) Their condition.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
2. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
3. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
5. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)