|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What terrain does Clausewitz say might allow for a different type of use than the one he advocates?
(d) River bound.
2. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The military.
(b) The poor.
(c) The unintelligent.
(d) The rich.
3. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Bad terrain.
(b) Over confidence.
(c) The fog of war.
4. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As an eye opening experience.
(b) As the first step toward real manhood.
(c) As being plunged in darkness.
(d) As a good life lesson.
5. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Luck and intelligence.
(b) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(c) Aristocracy and good education.
(d) Steadfastness and intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
2. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
3. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
4. What tenet does Clausewitz admit previous war theorists got right?
5. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)