|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(d) Army size.
2. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The rich.
(b) The unintelligent.
(c) The military.
(d) The poor.
3. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Married soldiers and the sick.
(b) Poorly trained soldiers.
(c) The inexperienced and followers.
(d) Young officers.
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Experienced soldiers.
(b) Good physical health.
(c) Young, fit officers.
(d) Good education.
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) If he his still active.
(b) His country of origin.
(c) How much he has been worn down by war.
(d) How much money he made during the war.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
2. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
4. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
5. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)