|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say indicates the will's resistance to a single blow?
2. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
3. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As a good life lesson.
(b) As an eye opening experience.
(c) As the first step toward real manhood.
(d) As being plunged in darkness.
4. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
(a) Charles XII.
(b) Frederick the Great.
5. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(b) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(c) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
2. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
3. According to Clausewitz, what cannot be ignored in war?
4. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
5. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)