|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their condition.
(b) Their rank.
(c) Whether or not they are married.
(d) When they were discharged.
2. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
3. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Married soldiers and the sick.
(b) Young officers.
(c) Poorly trained soldiers.
(d) The inexperienced and followers.
4. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
(c) Not applicable.
(d) Difficult to understand.
5. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(b) Good self esteem.
(d) Good weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the enemy's expenditures consist of according to Clausewitz?
2. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
4. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
5. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)