|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What faulty concept did theorists try to condense previous theories in according to Clausewitz?
2. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(b) A large army is less prone to it.
(c) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
3. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
(a) Complex and strict.
(b) Simple and changeable.
(c) Simple and strict.
(d) Complex and changeable.
4. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As an eye opening experience.
(b) As a good life lesson.
(c) As being plunged in darkness.
(d) As the first step toward real manhood.
5. What was the "art of war" about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Strategic mastery.
(b) Establishment of an army.
(c) Tactical mastery.
(d) Defeating your enemy in one blow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what general would never have prevailed had he fought like Charles XII?
3. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
4. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
5. What is better than wasting or leaving forces idle according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)