|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clausewitz characterize harboring reserve troops when they should be used to their fullest?
(b) Good judgement.
(c) The mark of a genius.
(d) Counter productive.
2. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) The fog of war.
(b) Bad terrain.
(d) Over confidence.
3. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) A large army is less prone to it.
(b) It should be ignored are irrelevant.
(c) It should be mastered by soldiers.
(d) It is a good condition to put the enemy in.
4. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
(a) His age.
(b) His country.
(c) His gender.
(d) His rank.
5. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Change strategies every few days.
(b) Use past strategies.
(c) Maintain control.
(d) Always use the same strategy.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clausewitz define the nature of war at the beginning of Book 1, Chapter 2?
2. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
3. What is the third property according to Clausewitz?
4. How were the first attempts at theorizing war according to Clausewitz?
5. What qualifies military geniuses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)