|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say of obstinacy?
(a) It is a sign of genius.
(b) It is a fault of character.
(c) It always brings victory.
(d) It is necessary.
2. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The skills of the commander.
(b) The training of the soldiers.
(c) The size of the army.
(d) The war plan used.
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who don't care.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
4. What are the two sure ways to defeat an enemy according to Clausewitz?
(a) To destroy his armies and invade his country.
(b) To defeat his allies and take his women.
(c) To destroy his armies and blockade his country.
(d) To blockade his ports and wait for his surrender.
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They try to match them.
(b) They exploit them.
(c) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(d) They try to ignore them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give of wearing down the enemy?
2. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
4. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
5. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)