|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did previous theorists exclude from the rules according to Clausewitz?
(b) Army size.
2. What was not considered a suitable subject for theory in the former "art of war" according to Clausewitz?
(a) Army building.
(b) The conduct of war.
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The physical effort.
(b) The need for an army to walk.
(c) The need for good horses.
(d) The intellectual training.
4. Who said that the commander in chief of an army must resolve problems like great mathematicians, such as Newton and Euler?
(a) Frederick the Great.
(d) Charles XII.
5. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The easy portion.
(b) The unimportant portion.
(c) The small portion.
(d) The tactical portion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the aim of disarming the enemy according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say about the use of the forces available in Book 3, Chapter 2?
3. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
4. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)