|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the two types of courage mentioned by Clausewitz?
(a) Courage to retreat and courage to sacrifice more than necessary
(b) Courage to put one self before anyone else and courage to hold on to ones position when incompetent.
(c) Courage of taking responsibility and courage to send underlings to battle
(d) Courage of taking responsibility and personal courage.
2. For Clausewitz, when should defeating the enemy not be the aim of a war?
(a) When the enemy is an economical power.
(b) When the enemy's army is substantially more powerful.
(c) When the enemy has powerful allies.
(d) When the enemy is a salvage.
3. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
(a) His gender.
(b) His country.
(c) His rank.
(d) His age.
4. What does Clausewitz say reserves can be used for?
(a) To push for the final decision and counter unforeseen attacks.
(b) To allow for the king to visit the troops.
(c) To protect the officers from retreating troops.
(d) To allow troops rest so they can be rotated in the front line.
5. What is courage to the soldier according to Clausewitz?
(a) The second requirement.
(b) Something that makes no difference.
(c) The first requirement.
(d) Unnecessary if he follows orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What rule did the theorist first declare as the one and only according to Clausewitz?
3. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
4. What does Clausewitz say was setup as a final arbiter of war in the former theory of the "art of war"?
5. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)