|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, On Strategy in General : Chapter 2, Force, Reserves & Space.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Clausewitz give for the way the majority of the time in war is spent?
(a) The strategy demands it.
(b) To rest the troops.
(c) To set up defenses.
(d) To move the troops from one battlefield to the other.
2. What emotion does Clausewitz say should be used to make the enemy doubt the outcome of a war?
3. What was formerly a synonym of the "art of war" in Book 2, Chapter 4?
(a) Hard work.
(c) Science of war.
(d) Knowledge of war.
4. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) Strength is more important.
(b) They are unimportant.
(c) Ability to face friction is more important.
(d) They are equally important.
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As being plunged in darkness.
(b) As an eye opening experience.
(c) As a good life lesson.
(d) As the first step toward real manhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says is the minimum objective that a fighting army can choose?
2. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
3. What type of operations does Clausewitz say can help in the outcome of war?
4. What does Clausewitz say must determine the amount of efforts and resources put in a war?
5. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)