|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) The fog of war.
(b) Over confidence.
(d) Bad terrain.
2. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The small portion.
(b) The easy portion.
(c) The unimportant portion.
(d) The tactical portion.
3. What type of engagement does Clausewitz say has a superior value?
(a) One large engagement.
(b) A quick engagement.
(c) A combination of engagements.
(d) An attrition battle.
4. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) The political gain of the emperor.
(b) The generals implementing it.
(c) The results.
(d) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is not gathered fast enough.
(b) It is too much information.
(c) It is false.
(d) It is accurate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
2. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
3. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)