|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
(a) Into chaos.
(b) Their opposites.
(c) Into pure attack.
(d) Into an all in situation.
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Scholars are usually among them.
(b) Military genius.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) They will show up when they are needed.
3. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
(a) Tactical mastery.
(d) Casual force.
4. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(b) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(c) People who don't care.
(d) People with an iron will.
5. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) Height of the engagement.
(b) Culmination of the attack.
(c) The turning point.
(d) The end of the struggle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
2. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
3. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
4. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)