|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) The inexperienced and followers.
(b) Married soldiers and the sick.
(c) Young officers.
(d) Poorly trained soldiers.
2. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
(a) Casual force.
(b) Tactical mastery.
3. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
(a) Accurate firearms.
(b) Large number of cavalry.
(c) A good General.
(d) One successful surprise attack.
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Bad terrain.
(b) Bad commanders.
(c) The situation not appearing as it is.
(d) Inexperienced soldiers.
5. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The war plan used.
(b) The training of the soldiers.
(c) The size of the army.
(d) The skills of the commander.
Short Answer Questions
1. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
2. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
3. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
4. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
5. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)