|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
(a) To prevent civilians from interfering with war plans.
(b) To provide guidance on how to behave and act.
(c) To prevent soldiers from revolting.
(d) To prevent the military from taking power.
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) They will show up when they are needed.
(b) Scholars are usually among them.
(c) Military genius.
(d) They are very rare.
3. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
(a) Accurate firearms.
(b) One successful surprise attack.
(c) A good General.
(d) Large number of cavalry.
4. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The tactical portion.
(b) The small portion.
(c) The unimportant portion.
(d) The easy portion.
5. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
(a) The soldiers.
(b) The aims.
(c) The government.
(d) The weapons.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
3. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
4. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)