|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(b) Low self esteem.
(c) Bad intelligence officers.
2. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Scholars are usually among them.
(b) They will show up when they are needed.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) Military genius.
3. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Luck and intelligence.
(b) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(c) Aristocracy and good education.
(d) Steadfastness and intelligence.
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
(c) Learning under a good commander.
(d) Learning abroad.
5. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their experience.
(b) Their location.
(c) Their state of mind.
(d) Their personal interest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
2. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
4. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
5. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)