|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
(a) Stays the same.
(b) Balance themselves.
2. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good education.
(b) Young, fit officers.
(c) Good physical health.
(d) Experienced soldiers.
3. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their rank.
(b) Whether or not they are married.
(c) Their condition.
(d) When they were discharged.
4. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
(a) Take up arms against the country's enemies.
(b) Submit to others.
(d) To complain or sabotage.
5. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
(a) When the enemy's general is incompetent.
(b) When the enemy goals are high enough to allow it.
(c) When the enemy has a small army.
(d) When the enemy is too slow to retreat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
2. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
3. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
4. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
5. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)