|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
(a) Genius follows rules to the letter.
(b) Genius can override rules.
(c) Genius expands the rules.
(d) Genius makes the rules.
2. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
(a) The aims.
(b) The government.
(c) The soldiers.
(d) The weapons.
3. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
(a) Into pure attack.
(b) Into chaos.
(c) Into an all in situation.
(d) Their opposites.
4. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Change strategies every few days.
(b) Use past strategies.
(c) Maintain control.
(d) Always use the same strategy.
5. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The easy portion.
(b) The small portion.
(c) The tactical portion.
(d) The unimportant portion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
2. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
4. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)