|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
(a) To hold the line whatever happens.
(b) To destroy the enemy.
(c) To preserve own's fighting force.
(d) To break the enemy's morale.
2. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Luck and intelligence.
(b) Steadfastness and intelligence.
(c) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(d) Aristocracy and good education.
3. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their state of mind.
(b) Their location.
(c) Their experience.
(d) Their personal interest.
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Experienced soldiers.
(b) Good physical health.
(c) Young, fit officers.
(d) Good education.
5. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
(a) Good communication.
(c) Large number of firearms.
(d) Physical and moral superiority.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
2. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
3. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
4. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
5. What are Clausewitz views on fear in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)