|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
(a) Good self esteem.
(c) Good weapons.
2. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Maintain control.
(b) Change strategies every few days.
(c) Use past strategies.
(d) Always use the same strategy.
3. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Young, fit officers.
(b) Good education.
(c) Experienced soldiers.
(d) Good physical health.
4. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
(a) Accurate firearms.
(b) One successful surprise attack.
(c) A good General.
(d) Large number of cavalry.
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Poorly trained soldiers.
(b) Married soldiers and the sick.
(c) The inexperienced and followers.
(d) Young officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
2. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
3. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
4. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
5. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)