|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The rich.
(b) The poor.
(c) The unintelligent.
(d) The military.
2. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
(a) Physical and moral superiority.
(b) Large number of firearms.
(d) Good communication.
3. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(b) Aristocracy and good education.
(c) Luck and intelligence.
(d) Steadfastness and intelligence.
4. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is false.
(b) It is not gathered fast enough.
(c) It is accurate.
(d) It is too much information.
5. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
(a) He can boast completeness.
(b) Attack minded generals are not smart enough for multi-level thinking.
(c) Attack is more simple.
(d) Attack is usually an all in move.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
2. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
4. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
5. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)