|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
(a) Genius makes the rules.
(b) Genius expands the rules.
(c) Genius follows rules to the letter.
(d) Genius can override rules.
2. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Foreigners among the ranks.
(b) Small battles.
(c) Soldier mental breakdown.
(d) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
3. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
(a) His country.
(b) His gender.
(c) His age.
(d) His rank.
4. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It must be near the front line.
(b) It does not matter.
(c) It matters.
(d) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
5. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
(a) To hold the line whatever happens.
(b) To break the enemy's morale.
(c) To preserve own's fighting force.
(d) To destroy the enemy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is pivotal to successful offensive aims according to Clausewitz?
2. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
4. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
5. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)