|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
(a) He can boast completeness.
(b) Attack is usually an all in move.
(c) Attack is more simple.
(d) Attack minded generals are not smart enough for multi-level thinking.
2. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
(a) To preserve own's fighting force.
(b) To break the enemy's morale.
(c) To hold the line whatever happens.
(d) To destroy the enemy.
3. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) They are unimportant.
(b) Strength is more important.
(c) They are equally important.
(d) Ability to face friction is more important.
4. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
(a) When the enemy goals are high enough to allow it.
(b) When the enemy is too slow to retreat.
(c) When the enemy has a small army.
(d) When the enemy's general is incompetent.
5. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(b) Low self esteem.
(d) Bad intelligence officers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
2. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
3. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
4. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)