|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
(a) Genius makes the rules.
(b) Genius can override rules.
(c) Genius expands the rules.
(d) Genius follows rules to the letter.
2. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(b) Eliminate error.
(c) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(d) Pick good intelligence officers.
3. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
(a) The political gain of the emperor.
(b) The generals implementing it.
(c) How well the war divert people from actual problems.
(d) The results.
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Experienced soldiers.
(b) Young, fit officers.
(c) Good physical health.
(d) Good education.
5. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) Height of the engagement.
(b) The turning point.
(c) The end of the struggle.
(d) Culmination of the attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
2. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
3. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
5. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)