|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Scholars are usually among them.
(b) They will show up when they are needed.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) Military genius.
2. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As a good life lesson.
(b) As an eye opening experience.
(c) As being plunged in darkness.
(d) As the first step toward real manhood.
3. What type of engagement does Clausewitz say has a superior value?
(a) A quick engagement.
(b) A combination of engagements.
(c) One large engagement.
(d) An attrition battle.
4. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) Strength is more important.
(b) They are unimportant.
(c) Ability to face friction is more important.
(d) They are equally important.
5. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
(a) Pick good intelligence officers.
(b) Choose how to bribe enemy soldiers.
(c) Learn from the enemy's mistakes regarding how to prevent information leaks.
(d) Eliminate error.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
2. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
4. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
5. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)