|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What definition does Clausewitz give for "friction"?
(a) Small battles.
(b) Foreigners among the ranks.
(c) Anything bizarre making things difficult.
(d) Soldier mental breakdown.
2. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) At low level.
(b) At mid level.
(c) At the highest level.
(d) On the spot.
3. What does Clausewitz say about friction and strength?
(a) Ability to face friction is more important.
(b) Strength is more important.
(c) They are equally important.
(d) They are unimportant.
4. What complements each method of defense according to Clausewitz in Book 5, Chapter 1?
(a) A perfect method of attack.
(b) A perfect troop placement.
(c) A perfect defensive weapon.
(d) A perfect general.
5. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It does not matter.
(b) It must be near the front line.
(c) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
(d) It matters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
2. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
3. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)