|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) They will show up when they are needed.
(b) Military genius.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) Scholars are usually among them.
2. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
(a) Into an all in situation.
(b) Their opposites.
(c) Into pure attack.
(d) Into chaos.
3. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
(b) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(c) People who don't care.
(d) People with an iron will.
4. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much he has been worn down by war.
(b) How much money he made during the war.
(c) If he his still active.
(d) His country of origin.
5. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) Culmination of the attack.
(b) The end of the struggle.
(c) The turning point.
(d) Height of the engagement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
2. What brings value to a strategy according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz say dictates how much control an official must maintain over others?
4. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
5. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)