|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Poorly trained soldiers.
(b) Married soldiers and the sick.
(c) Young officers.
(d) The inexperienced and followers.
2. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their state of mind.
(b) Their personal interest.
(c) Their location.
(d) Their experience.
3. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Their condition.
(b) Whether or not they are married.
(c) Their rank.
(d) When they were discharged.
4. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
(a) When the enemy's general is incompetent.
(b) When the enemy is too slow to retreat.
(c) When the enemy goals are high enough to allow it.
(d) When the enemy has a small army.
5. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The need for good horses.
(b) The physical effort.
(c) The intellectual training.
(d) The need for an army to walk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
3. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
5. What does discernment help superior officers do with the information gathered according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)