|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) How much money he made during the war.
(b) How much he has been worn down by war.
(c) His country of origin.
(d) If he his still active.
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
(a) People with an iron will.
(b) People who don't care.
(c) People who are not smart enough to realize the problem.
(d) People who are smart enough to foresee the friction.
3. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The unintelligent.
(b) The military.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
4. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
(a) Inexperienced soldiers.
(b) Bad commanders.
(c) The situation not appearing as it is.
(d) Bad terrain.
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Poorly trained soldiers.
(b) Young officers.
(c) Married soldiers and the sick.
(d) The inexperienced and followers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
2. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
3. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
4. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
5. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)