|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(a) Low self esteem.
(b) Bad intelligence officers.
2. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
(a) The easy portion.
(b) The unimportant portion.
(c) The small portion.
(d) The tactical portion.
3. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
(a) Whether or not they are married.
(b) Their rank.
(c) When they were discharged.
(d) Their condition.
4. According to Clausewitz, what is typically not decisive in a long term conflict?
(a) A good General.
(b) One successful surprise attack.
(c) Large number of cavalry.
(d) Accurate firearms.
5. How does Clausewitz describe the inexperienced soldier's first encounter with war?
(a) As being plunged in darkness.
(b) As an eye opening experience.
(c) As a good life lesson.
(d) As the first step toward real manhood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the offensive party's line of thinking only concerned with the attack according to Clausewitz?
2. Who does Clausewitz say fares best at war with the consequences of friction?
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
5. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)