|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The thinking prior to battle.
(b) The setting up of the army.
(c) The use of engagements.
(d) The supply line safety.
2. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
3. What situation does Clausewitz envision being the only one where one can completely destroy the army of the enemy?
(a) When the enemy goals are high enough to allow it.
(b) When the enemy is too slow to retreat.
(c) When the enemy has a small army.
(d) When the enemy's general is incompetent.
4. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their personal interest.
(b) Their location.
(c) Their state of mind.
(d) Their experience.
5. What types of soldiers does Clausewitz say tend to lose heart when they encounter combat?
(a) Poorly trained soldiers.
(b) Young officers.
(c) The inexperienced and followers.
(d) Married soldiers and the sick.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
2. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz tell the reader is better than reading and learning about war strategy from books?
4. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
5. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)