|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good education.
(b) Good physical health.
(c) Experienced soldiers.
(d) Young, fit officers.
2. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
(a) Culmination of the attack.
(b) The turning point.
(c) The end of the struggle.
(d) Height of the engagement.
3. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
(a) It must be made as far from the front line as possible.
(b) It must be near the front line.
(c) It does not matter.
(d) It matters.
4. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) The need for an army to walk.
(b) The intellectual training.
(c) The physical effort.
(d) The need for good horses.
5. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
(c) Casual force.
(d) Tactical mastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
2. What does Clausewitz say influences the answers provided by men about the war?
3. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
4. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
5. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)