|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They exploit them.
(b) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(c) They try to ignore them.
(d) They try to match them.
2. What does Clausewitz say clouds the reality of one's position within a situation?
(a) Over confidence.
(b) Bad terrain.
(d) The fog of war.
3. What does Clausewitz says of the people that can deal with friction?
(a) Military genius.
(b) They will show up when they are needed.
(c) They are very rare.
(d) Scholars are usually among them.
4. Where should strategic plans be made according to Clausewitz?
(a) At the highest level.
(b) At low level.
(c) On the spot.
(d) At mid level.
5. What qualities does Clausewitz describe as imperative for a commander?
(a) Luck and intelligence.
(b) Steadfastness and intelligence.
(c) Steadfastness and loyalty.
(d) Aristocracy and good education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
2. What are the top commanders more prone to suffer from according to Clausewitz?
3. What does Clausewitz think of the location where the war plans are drawn?
4. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
5. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)