|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
(a) Their opposites.
(b) Into pure attack.
(c) Into an all in situation.
(d) Into chaos.
2. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The military.
(b) The unintelligent.
(c) The rich.
(d) The poor.
3. What do allies do concerning weaknesses according to Clausewitz?
(a) They try to ignore them.
(b) They try to match them.
(c) They work to cover each other weaknesses.
(d) They exploit them.
4. What must the strategist do during war according to Clausewitz?
(a) Maintain control.
(b) Always use the same strategy.
(c) Use past strategies.
(d) Change strategies every few days.
5. What are the defensive lines of thinking concerned about according to Clausewitz?
(a) Attack and counter attack.
(d) Troop placement.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
2. According to Clausewitz, what does the power of the attack and the defense do over time?
3. What cannot be underestimated according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
4. What does Clausewitz say can alleviate fear in an army and improve performances?
5. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)