|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
(a) His country of origin.
(b) How much money he made during the war.
(c) If he his still active.
(d) How much he has been worn down by war.
2. What is the foremost prominent factor in war according to Clausewitz?
(a) The skills of the commander.
(b) The size of the army.
(c) The training of the soldiers.
(d) The war plan used.
3. According to Clausewitz, what matters when a general makes adjustments to the war plan?
(a) Their experience.
(b) Their location.
(c) Their personal interest.
(d) Their state of mind.
4. What does Clausewitz say has a profound effect on methods used in war?
(a) The government.
(b) The soldiers.
(c) The aims.
(d) The weapons.
5. What is precious to an army according to Clausewitz in Book 2, Chapter 3?
(a) Good education.
(b) Young, fit officers.
(c) Experienced soldiers.
(d) Good physical health.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clausewitz call the moment of a battle where there is opportunity for a decisive victory?
2. What does Clausewitz think of genius and established rules?
3. What is the populace trained to do according to Clausewitz?
4. What controls the strategist according to Clausewitz?
5. What is the top priority of each side during a battle according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)