|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, 'Book 7' The Attack : Chapter 1, Various Aspects of Attack.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tends to exacerbate falsehood according to Clausewitz?
(b) Bad intelligence officers.
(c) Low self esteem.
2. What does Clausewitz say of the majority of intelligence information?
(a) It is too much information.
(b) It is false.
(c) It is accurate.
(d) It is not gathered fast enough.
3. What is strategy according to Clausewitz in Book 3, Chapter 1?
(a) The use of engagements.
(b) The thinking prior to battle.
(c) The supply line safety.
(d) The setting up of the army.
4. Who were the rules created for according to Clausewitz?
(a) The poor.
(b) The military.
(c) The rich.
(d) The unintelligent.
5. According to Clausewitz, what is decision outside the realm of strategy?
(a) Tactical mastery.
(d) Casual force.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can attack and defense be transformed into according to Clausewitz?
2. What clouds a soldier's objectivity concerning war according to Clausewitz?
3. Why were the rules created according to Clausewitz?
4. What portion of the war plans do lower ranking figures usually implement according to Clausewitz?
5. What adds to the challenges of the execution of a battle plan according to Clausewitz?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)