Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
2. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
3. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
4. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
5. According to Mamet, "In film or in the street, people who describe themselves to you are" what?
Essay Topic 1
Who was William of Occam, and what was Occam's Razor? How does this apply to film and dramatic analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Eisenstein's theory of montage. How did Mamet view this approach to storytelling in film?
Essay Topic 3
Using the hypothetical film which the students and Mamet created in Chapter 3, describe how the beats were broken down by the class.
This section contains 189 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)