Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
2. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
3. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
4. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
5. According to Mamet, "In film or in the street, people who describe themselves to you are" what?
Essay Topic 1
What authors did Mamet quote in the book with regard to cutting extraneous text in a screenplay? What theorists did he speak about in dramatic analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mamet's take on exposition and narration in storytelling and specifically in film.
Essay Topic 3
Who was William of Occam, and what was Occam's Razor? How does this apply to film and dramatic analysis?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)