Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
2. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
3. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
4. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
5. According to Mamet, "In film or in the street, people who describe themselves to you are" what?
Compare the films of Frank Capra and Werner Herzog. How do these directors differ in their approach and storytelling? With whom do Mamet's theories most relate?
Using the hypothetical film which the students and Mamet created in Chapter 3, describe how the beats were broken down by the class.
Discuss Mamet's take on exposition and narration in storytelling and specifically in film.
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)