|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What, according to Mamet, is the answer to, "Where do we put the camera?"
2. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the task is always the same. Stick with it until you _____.
4. In Chapter 5, the hypothetical film Mamet worked on with the students involved a farmer selling what?
5. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
Essay Topic 1
What authors did Mamet quote in the book with regard to cutting extraneous text in a screenplay? What theorists did he speak about in dramatic analysis?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss human psychology as it relates to the juxtaposition of uninflected images in film. How did Mamet describe neurosis in this analogy?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Mamet's point of view regarding identification of the audience with the hero of the story. How much description should surround this character, and why?
This section contains 613 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)