|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Oedipus is the model of all tragedy, according to whom?
2. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
3. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, the Stoics would advise adhering to the metaphor which relates to what?
5. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss human psychology as it relates to the juxtaposition of uninflected images in film. How did Mamet describe neurosis in this analogy?
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss the terms "modern art" and "performance art" in the text. How did Mamet feel about these genres? What is the role of politics in film?
Essay Topic 3
What tasks does the director face in pre-production for a film? How does this prepare him/her for shooting?
This section contains 593 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)