|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says the reason we like those old-time movie stars so much is that they are what?
2. The two essential elements of story, according to Aristotle, are surprise and what?
3. The study of what is very useful for directors, according to Mamet?
4. Mamet made the analogy in Chapter 4, "if the house is going to stand, the nail must do the work of ____."
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 6, "It's always up to you whether you are going to tell a story through a ____ of shots or you are not."
Essay Topic 1
Using the hypothetical film which the students and Mamet created in Chapter 3, describe how the beats were broken down by the class.
Essay Topic 2
Define and discuss the terms "modern art" and "performance art" in the text. How did Mamet feel about these genres? What is the role of politics in film?
Essay Topic 3
What does the term superobjective mean in acting and directing? How is a superobjective different than an objective?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)