Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Stanislavsky wrote that the difficult will become easy and the easy habitual, so that the habitual may become what?
2. What was the reason for the beginning of Oedipus Rex?
3. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
4. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
5. According to Mamet, "In film or in the street, people who describe themselves to you are" what?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Eisenstein's theory of montage. How did Mamet view this approach to storytelling in film?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the element of dialogue in film. What did Mamet suggest in directing scenes with dialogue? What should a director avoid in terms of dialogue?
Essay Topic 3
Who was William of Occam, and what was Occam's Razor? How does this apply to film and dramatic analysis?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)