|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, under conditions of great stress, you have to know your what?
2. Mamet recommended the book A Practical Handbook for the Actor, written by whom?
3. What does Mamet say that he defies anyone to act in Chapter 4?
4. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
5. What does Mamet say that dramatic analysis is like in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Using the hypothetical film which the students and Mamet created in Chapter 3, describe how the beats were broken down by the class.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Mamet's opinion of actor training in the United States today. What level of training do film actors have versus stage actors?
Essay Topic 3
Define and discuss the terms "modern art" and "performance art" in the text. How did Mamet feel about these genres? What is the role of politics in film?
This section contains 598 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)