|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
(a) Studio executives.
2. In Chapter 2, Mamet says that it's impossible to make a character what?
(a) Narrate a story.
(b) Interesting in general.
(c) Carry a scene.
(d) Relatable to everyone.
3. What does Mamet say is a bad idea for the third beat in Chapter 2?
(b) Arriving early.
(c) Gaining respect.
4. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
5. What is the term Mamet used for the protagonist's ultimate goal in the scene in Chapter 2?
6. According to Mamet, you can't rely on the ________ to tell the story. Which of these is the correct answer?
7. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, if you want to build a roof, it might be a good idea to understand about the effects of what?
(c) Support beams.
8. Who did Mamet compare with Frank Capra in Chapter 3?
(a) Brad Commers.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) David Lynch.
(d) Werner Herzog.
9. Where did Mamet go to college?
(c) New York.
10. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
11. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
(a) The steadycam.
(b) The dollycam.
(c) The zoomcam.
(d) The digital camera.
12. What does Mamet say is the ordering of unrelated events or ideas or images in favor of an overriding preconception?
13. Who did Mamet cite in saying that we needn't avoid things just because they're cliche?
14. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
15. In ADR, what does D stand for?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
2. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
3. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
4. The second beat of the hypothetical scene in Chapter 2 was to what?
5. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)