|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
2. Mamet says that you cannot hide your what, in Chapter 3?
3. Counterculture architecture was based on designing buildings based on what?
(a) The setting.
(b) How the architect felt.
(c) The weather.
(d) The natural surroundings.
4. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
5. What is another term for "looping"?
6. Who did Mamet compare with Frank Capra in Chapter 3?
(a) David Lynch.
(b) Brad Commers.
(c) Alfred Hitchcock.
(d) Werner Herzog.
7. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
8. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
9. The movie, more than what, is closer to simple storytelling?
(a) A play.
(b) A novel.
(c) A memoir.
(d) A television show.
10. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
11. According to Mamet, what was his response to "lovely enthusiasts who will aver that the purpose of modern art is not to be liked"?
(a) "Get a life."
(b) "Learn a craft."
(c) "Oh, grow up."
(d) "Let's get it over with."
12. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
13. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
14. In ADR, what does D stand for?
15. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
(b) Create characters.
(d) Flesh out stories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
2. Mamet says that the house has to look like a house. The ______ doesn't have to look like a house.
3. What is the term which means "it works correctly on paper but for some reason doesn't work when we get it on its feet"?
4. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
5. Who wrote The Uses of Enchantment?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)