Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
2. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
3. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
(a) The scene.
(b) The beat.
(c) The film.
(d) The shot.
4. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
(a) Constantin Stanislavski.
(b) Michael Chekhov.
(c) Georgi Tovstonogov.
(d) Andreas Tovstonogov.
5. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
6. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
7. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
8. What does Mamet say most modern art is based around?
(b) Political reasons.
9. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
10. Sometimes, Mamet says in Chapter 3, the piece (film) will do what?
(a) Fight back against you.
(b) Create roadblocks.
(c) Create impediments.
(d) Work with you.
11. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
12. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the only thing the dramatic form is good for is what?
(a) Artistic expression.
(b) Character creation.
(c) Telling a story.
(d) Political gain.
13. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
14. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
(c) Play directors.
(d) Documentary film-makers.
15. Where did Mamet go to college?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
2. Who said of American films that they were all "pictures of people talking"?
3. What is another term for "looping"?
4. Who directed the film Places in the Heart?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, he challenges the way people talk about any performance artist and the way they talk about whom?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)