Short Answer Questions Key
1. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
2. How many films had David Mamet directed at the time that the book was written?
3. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
4. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
5. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
6. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
7. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
8. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
This section contains 3,978 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)