|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What logical construct did Mamet use to explain the system of film-making in Chapter 3?
(a) If A, then B.
(b) A plus B is C.
(c) N plus R is P.
(d) If A, then C.
2. The only reason characters speak is what?
(a) To express exposition.
(b) To narrate.
(c) To tell a story.
(d) To get what they want.
3. In the scene generated for the class in Chapter 2, what did the protagonist want?
(a) The students' respect.
(c) To sell a pig.
(d) The teacher's respect.
4. Who directed Casablanca?
(a) Frank Capra.
(b) Michael Curtiz.
(c) Miles Herzog.
(d) Milton Gladstone.
5. Mamet's house was built without what?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, if you want to build a roof, it might be a good idea to understand about the effects of what?
2. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
3. What does Mamet say that he defies anyone to act in Chapter 4?
4. A film is basically what, according to Mamet?
5. The study of what is very useful for directors, according to Mamet?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)