|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
(a) The digital camera.
(b) The zoomcam.
(c) The steadycam.
(d) The dollycam.
2. Where did Mamet go to college?
(d) New York.
3. Mamet says that if you are telling the story with pictures, the dialogue is the sprinkles on the what?
(c) Ice cream cone.
4. According to Mamet, what actor did he laud for his simplicity in a scene which involved the Nazis, in Chapter 4?
(a) Humphrey Bogart.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Carey Grant.
(d) Clifton Hayes.
5. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mamet say is useless filler in film, and the giveaway to a joke's punch line, in Chapter 5?
2. According to Mamet, he's seen directors do how many takes of a shot?
3. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
4. Mamet says in Chapter 4 that a lot of the decisions you think are going to be arbitrary are arrived at through the what?
5. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)