|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What craft did Mamet say he does sometimes in Chapter 3?
(b) Carves wood.
(d) Writes poetry.
2. Once the story has found an ending, Mamet says you can look back over the shot list and answer what question?
(a) What can I add to the character?
(b) What have I left out?
(c) What objectives are missing?
(d) What is the story?
3. The only reason characters speak is what?
(a) To express exposition.
(b) To tell a story.
(c) To narrate.
(d) To get what they want.
4. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
(a) Repeat the narration.
(b) Repeat the beginning.
(c) The same thing twice.
(d) Repeat the objective.
5. What is the period after you've finished the shot list and before you go into shooting?
(b) Designer Meetings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term Mamet used for the protagonist's ultimate goal in the scene in Chapter 2?
2. What do actors erroneously try to use their intellectuality to do?
3. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
4. What is the main shot of any given scene?
5. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)