|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
2. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
(a) The shot.
(b) The beat.
(c) The film.
(d) The scene.
3. The first beat in the hypothetical scene of Chapter 2 was to what?
(a) To pay homage.
(b) To arrive early.
(c) To gain respect.
(d) To prepare.
4. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "To get into the scene late and to get out early is to demonstrate _____ for your audience."
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
2. The purpose of technique is to free the what?
3. According to Mamet, when the film is correctly ____, the subconscious and the conscious are in alignment.
4. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
5. Mamet says you should always do things in what way, in order to make the best movie?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)