|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the only thing the dramatic form is good for is what?
(a) Political gain.
(b) Character creation.
(c) Artistic expression.
(d) Telling a story.
2. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the film business is caught in a spiral of degeneracy because it is run by people who have no what?
4. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
(a) Rutgers University.
5. What is the main shot of any given scene?
(a) The principle.
(b) The master.
(c) The focus.
(d) The main.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says you should always do things in what way, in order to make the best movie?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "You tax the audience every time you don't move on to _______ of the progression as quickly as possible."
3. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
4. What is the term Mamet used for the protagonist's ultimate goal in the scene in Chapter 2?
5. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)