|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "You tax the audience every time you don't move on to _______ of the progression as quickly as possible."
(a) The next essential step.
(b) The action.
(c) The MacGuffin.
(d) The essential truth.
3. What does Mamet say most modern art is based around?
(a) Political reasons.
4. Who said of American films that they were all "pictures of people talking"?
(c) Frank Capra.
(d) Alfred Hitchcock.
5. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
2. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "In addition to what you will or not learn about the medium through your desire to understand it, that desire itself will be ______."
3. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, the film business is caught in a spiral of degeneracy because it is run by people who have no what?
5. What is the term for the screening of the day's shots?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)