|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rule which Mamet says means "Keep it simple, stupid"?
(a) KISS rule.
(b) Film rule.
(c) Idiot rule.
(d) Shooting rule.
2. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
3. Chair makers, until the turn of the century, made their chairs without what?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "You tax the audience every time you don't move on to _______ of the progression as quickly as possible."
(a) The essential truth.
(b) The action.
(c) The MacGuffin.
(d) The next essential step.
5. What craft did Mamet say he does sometimes in Chapter 3?
(a) Writes poetry.
(c) Carves wood.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Mamet go to college?
2. Who said the following: when we have two theories, each of which adequately describes a phenomenon, always pick the simpler?
3. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, if you want to build a roof, it might be a good idea to understand about the effects of what?
5. Who directed the film Places in the Heart?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)