|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who said the following: when we have two theories, each of which adequately describes a phenomenon, always pick the simpler?
(d) William of Occam.
2. Mamet cited Aristotle in saying there is no such thing as what?
(a) A tragic ending.
(b) A happy ending.
3. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
4. A film is basically what, according to Mamet?
(a) A play.
(b) A map.
(c) An art form.
(d) A design.
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, he challenges the way people talk about any performance artist and the way they talk about whom?
(a) Humphrey Bogart.
(b) James Stewart.
(c) Donna Reed.
(d) Carey Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mamet say is the ordering of unrelated events or ideas or images in favor of an overriding preconception?
2. Mamet's house was built without what?
3. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
4. Mamet says in Chapter 3 that it is the nature of human perception to go to what?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "You tax the audience every time you don't move on to _______ of the progression as quickly as possible."
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)