|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
2. In ADR, what does D stand for?
3. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
4. Sometimes, Mamet says in Chapter 3, the piece (film) will do what?
(a) Work with you.
(b) Create roadblocks.
(c) Fight back against you.
(d) Create impediments.
5. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
(c) Film criticism.
(d) Stage directing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main shot of any given scene?
2. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
3. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
4. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
5. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)