|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many films had David Mamet directed at the time that the book was written?
2. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
3. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
4. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "To get into the scene late and to get out early is to demonstrate _____ for your audience."
5. Who directed the film Places in the Heart?
(a) Robert Benton.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) Werner Herzog.
(d) Frank Capra.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first way suggested by students in the class for shooting a scene of a bunch of people coming to class?
2. According to Mamet, he lived in a house that was how many years old at the time this book was written?
3. What is the term for the screening of the day's shots?
4. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
5. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)