|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3: Countercultural Architecture and Dramatic Structure.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the period after you've finished the shot list and before you go into shooting?
(d) Designer Meetings.
2. The movie, more than what, is closer to simple storytelling?
(a) A television show.
(b) A memoir.
(c) A play.
(d) A novel.
3. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
(a) Studio executives.
4. Who directed the film Places in the Heart?
(a) Robert Benton.
(b) Alfred Hitchcock.
(c) Werner Herzog.
(d) Frank Capra.
5. What is the rule which Mamet says means "Keep it simple, stupid"?
(a) Film rule.
(b) KISS rule.
(c) Idiot rule.
(d) Shooting rule.
Short Answer Questions
1. Anytime anyone does what, "that's a counterforce"?
2. In Chapter 2, Mamet says that it's impossible to make a character what?
3. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
4. According to Mamet, he lived in a house that was how many years old at the time this book was written?
5. What is the first way suggested by students in the class for shooting a scene of a bunch of people coming to class?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)