|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, film directors should all aspire to be what?
(b) Play directors.
(d) Documentary film-makers.
2. Mamet wrote, "Most _____ directors approach it by saying, 'let's follow the actors around,' as if the film were a record of what the protagonist did."
3. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
4. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
5. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, you can't rely on the ________ to tell the story. Which of these is the correct answer?
2. The second beat of the hypothetical scene in Chapter 2 was to what?
3. Who told Alice it didn't matter which road she took, as cited by Mamet in Chapter 2?
4. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
5. What term means a filmmaker, usually a director, who exercises creative control over his or her works and has a strong personal style?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)