|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
(b) Studio executives.
2. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
3. The movie, more than what, is closer to simple storytelling?
(a) A novel.
(b) A memoir.
(c) A play.
(d) A television show.
4. In the scenario in Chapter 2, how early did the protagonist arrive to the class?
(a) 30 minutes.
(b) 10 minutes.
(c) 20 minutes.
(d) 45 minutes.
5. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
Short Answer Questions
1. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
2. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
3. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
4. What is the term for the thing which stands in the way of the protagonist?
5. In Chapter 2, Mamet says that it's impossible to make a character what?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)