|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Mamet cited Aristotle in saying there is no such thing as what?
(a) A happy ending.
(d) A tragic ending.
2. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
(a) Studio executives.
3. In what area did Mamet have greater experience in when writing the book?
(b) Film criticism.
(d) Stage directing.
4. Who told Alice it didn't matter which road she took, as cited by Mamet in Chapter 2?
(a) The Caterpillar.
(b) The Mad Hatter.
(c) The Rabbit.
(d) The Cheshire Cat.
5. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
2. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
3. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
4. According to Mamet, you can't rely on the ________ to tell the story. Which of these is the correct answer?
5. Who said of American films that they were all "pictures of people talking"?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)