|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2: Where Do You Put the Camera?.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
2. Who characterized the notion of "judge of yourself"?
3. Who wrote The Uses of Enchantment?
(a) Bruno Eisenstein.
(b) Werner Herzog.
(c) Bruno Bettelheim.
(d) Carl Jung.
4. What is the rule which Mamet says means "Keep it simple, stupid"?
(a) KISS rule.
(b) Film rule.
(c) Idiot rule.
(d) Shooting rule.
5. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
Short Answer Questions
1. The purpose of technique is to free the what?
2. What is the term which means "it works correctly on paper but for some reason doesn't work when we get it on its feet"?
3. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
4. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
5. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
This section contains 179 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)