|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter 1: Storytelling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
2. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
3. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
(a) The beat.
(b) The ending.
(c) The film.
(d) The scene.
4. The purpose of technique is to free the what?
(b) Dream life.
(d) Conscious mind.
5. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the term for the screening of the day's shots?
2. The newspaper reviewer criticized an author for attempting screenwriting because he was nearly what?
3. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
4. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
5. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)