|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter 1: Storytelling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many films had David Mamet directed at the time that the book was written?
2. Chapter 1 deals with what element of the process of directing?
3. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
(a) The scene.
(b) The beat.
(c) The film.
(d) The ending.
4. Screenwriting is a craft based on what?
5. Mamet wrote, "Most _____ directors approach it by saying, 'let's follow the actors around,' as if the film were a record of what the protagonist did."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
2. In what year did Mamet write the Preface of the book?
3. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
4. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
5. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
This section contains 174 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)