|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter 1: Storytelling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
2. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
(a) The ending.
(b) The film.
(c) The scene.
(d) The beat.
3. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
(a) Michael Chekhov.
(b) Georgi Tovstonogov.
(c) Andreas Tovstonogov.
(d) Constantin Stanislavski.
4. The movie, more than what, is closer to simple storytelling?
(a) A television show.
(b) A novel.
(c) A memoir.
(d) A play.
5. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
2. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
3. Mamet wrote, "Most _____ directors approach it by saying, 'let's follow the actors around,' as if the film were a record of what the protagonist did."
4. According to Mamet, the director is seen as what kind of extension of the screenwriter?
5. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that if the film follows the protagonist around, what he does had better be what?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)