|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter 1: Storytelling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, storytellers need to be warned against falling into what?
2. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
(b) Studio executives.
3. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
4. According to Mamet, film schools are basically what?
5. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
(b) Flesh out stories.
(c) Create characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
2. What kind of camera has helped in injuring the cinema, according to Mamet?
3. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
4. How many films had David Mamet directed at the time that the book was written?
5. The purpose of technique is to free the what?
This section contains 178 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)