|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Preface and Chapter 1: Storytelling.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
2. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
(b) Rutgers University.
3. How many films had David Mamet directed at the time that the book was written?
4. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
(a) The ending.
(b) The beat.
(c) The scene.
(d) The film.
5. Mamet says in Chapter 1 that it is the __________ that makes the movie. What was he talking about?
Short Answer Questions
1. What unit does the director want to concern himself with?
2. Who wrote Memories, Dream, Reflections?
3. According to Mamet, most movie scripts are written for an audience of what?
4. Who wrote The Profession of the Stage?
5. Eisenstein claimed that the best image is a what image?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)