|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mamet, you always want to tell a story in what?
2. Mamet cited Aristotle in saying there is no such thing as what?
(b) A happy ending.
(c) A tragic ending.
3. Mamet says that the house has to look like a house. The ______ doesn't have to look like a house.
(a) The window.
(c) The door.
(d) The steps.
4. What does Mamet say happens when the problem posited by the scene is over?
(a) The scene is over.
(b) The objective is attained.
(c) The film is over.
(d) The next scene begins.
5. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(a) Why not?
(c) Why now?
Short Answer Questions
1. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is "the scene"?
2. Mamet says the audience requires not information, but what?
3. Mamet says you should always do things in what way, in order to make the best movie?
4. In ADR, what does D stand for?
5. Who said that the point is what happens to he hero, not what happens to the writer?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)