|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term Mamet used for the protagonist's ultimate goal in the scene in Chapter 2?
2. Where was Mamet teaching in the fall of 1987?
(d) Rutgers University.
3. According to Mamet, the storyteller did NOT need something in Chapter 2. What was it?
4. Anytime anyone does what, "that's a counterforce"?
(a) Tells the truth.
(b) Narrates the back-story.
(c) Shows emotion.
(d) Extols empathy.
5. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
(a) It doesn't matter.
(b) Based on the objective.
(c) Look at the text.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mamet says that when he was young, actors spent how many years on stage earning a living by the time they were thirty?
2. Who told Alice it didn't matter which road she took, as cited by Mamet in Chapter 2?
3. According to Mamet in Chapter 5, what is the perfect movie?
4. When the farmer saw the man on the road, how did Mamet refer to this beat?
5. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, "You tax the audience every time you don't move on to _______ of the progression as quickly as possible."
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)