|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mamet say that he defies anyone to act in Chapter 4?
(a) Their obstacle.
(b) Their height.
(c) Where they came from.
(d) Their motivation.
2. The rule of circularity says not to do what?
(a) The same thing twice.
(b) Repeat the narration.
(c) Repeat the objective.
(d) Repeat the beginning.
3. A good writer only gets better by learning to do what, according to Mamet?
(b) Flesh out stories.
(c) Create characters.
4. What was Hitchcock's phrase for the thing which the protagonist is chasing?
5. The purpose of technique is to free the what?
(a) Dream life.
(d) Conscious mind.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Mamet in Chapter 3, he challenges the way people talk about any performance artist and the way they talk about whom?
2. The purpose of rehearsal is to tell the actors, beat by beat, what?
3. What does David Mamet say that the answer to all of the tedious actor questions is?
4. Who said, "Write the story, take out all the good lines, and see if it still works"?
5. Mamet says that the perfect movie doesn't have any what?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)