|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5: Pig—The Movie.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Using the example the class previously created, in Chapter 4, what is the meaning of the beat?
(a) To prepare.
(b) To arrive early.
(c) To gain respect.
(d) To get a retraction.
2. Chapter 1 deals with what element of the process of directing?
3. According to Mamet, what is one of the imperative questions to ask in the beginning of the hypothetical film in Chapter 5?
(a) Why now?
(d) Why not?
4. What did the pig have around its neck in the hypothetical film from Chapter 5?
(a) A belt.
(b) A handkerchief.
(c) A leash.
(d) A collar.
5. Mamet says that when he was young, actors spent how many years on stage earning a living by the time they were thirty?
Short Answer Questions
1. The only reason characters speak is what?
2. The smallest unit is the shot; the largest unit is what?
3. What is a progression toward the simplest, most ordered state, according to Mamet in Chapter 2?
4. Whose method relies on a succession of images juxtaposed so that the contrast moves the story forward?
5. Mamet's house was built without what?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)